Ghost Stories in Raton
white dove

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Mar 9, 2011
i back to play with your brain and i brought all my spooky brohajas with me. lets play.
white dove

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Mar 9, 2011
i back to play with your brain and i brought my brohajas with me lets play.
Pat

Albuquerque, NM

#23 Nov 2, 2012
Anyone know about the recent visitor at Old Pass Gallery?
Wow

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Nov 3, 2012
No, please inform us about the visitor and give the details of what exactly has happened!
itcouldbe

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Nov 3, 2012
Well has anybody heard the story of a man who lived in a house, I believe it's on South 4th. It's right next to a yellow house. Well my son's friend lives in it. she claims it's haunted by a number of ghosts. She said the story of that house is that this man had a party (early 1900's)He went crazy and started shooting his guests and his wife and childern. I can't remember the full story but she does claim that it happened and that the whole block is haunted because of what happened in that house.

As far as St. James, I have been there a few times but never stayed the night. Just toured the rooms downstairs and ate there. Too many people I know have said they have seen and heard things there.

I have never seen a ghost and never want to. I do believe they exist because too many people have clamied to see them and that many people can't be nuts. lol

I have heard the palace is haunted. There is one spirit that I would like to encounter and when or if I do I know I won't be afraid.
lala

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Nov 4, 2012
lmao wrote:
I think the raton ave woman is roberta segura lmao......
Lol i think its her shes a freakin weirdo and her herion daughter is to!!
LoveAGhostStory

United States

#27 Nov 9, 2012
Gardner rd ghost... My husband has heard many many stories about a woman that walked on Gardner rd. The stories he heard she was always far enough ahead to keep just inside the headlights of a car and never caught up to her.

Man with hooves for feet... My husband had an experience with this creature. He was chased by this being. He could see hear the clack of the feet hitting the ground. The man/ creature was wearing a long dark coat with tales.

The building between old bridal shop and Home associates is full of ghostly orbs. Hundreds of them. The old bridal shop(was a framing shop in recient past) was also a mortuary. It also has several coffin size cript like things built in the wall of the common hallway.

House on corner of Rio Grande and 5th(NE corner) also used to be a funeral home/ dr office / dr's home. It's haunted.

And yes palace down on first is haunted. That's why no one has ever bought or rentivated that place.
guymon ok

Albuquerque, NM

#28 Jan 26, 2013
there is a house on sixth street that i know for sure is haunted by a eightteen year old boy who shot himself in the head.There was pictures in the attic next to his room and once u took them out he got mad! the family who lived there after noticed when he got mad. he used to throw things around both up and down stairs!
student at raton middle s

Albuquerque, NM

#29 Jan 26, 2013
there is this kid that died by hanging himself in the locker room!the teacher said it was scary and the teachers told all of the students and we all got sacred and when we found out we never went into the locker room
Annoyed

Hardy, VA

#30 Jan 26, 2013
student at raton middle s wrote:
there is this kid that died by hanging himself in the locker room!the teacher said it was scary and the teachers told all of the students and we all got sacred and when we found out we never went into the locker room
That's a damn lie! The student was found in the coat room at Kearny school, and he did not hang himself, they're not sure what happened! It was negligence of the teacher and that's why the school was sued!
Chan

Santa Fe, NM

#31 Jan 27, 2013
Don't forget abot the old race track now that place is scary you could go in there and here people crying as god as my witness I herd :/
Chan

Santa Fe, NM

#32 Jan 27, 2013
Lol I Reamber Charlie my class made his name up ha cuz we would Tell mrs lopez how he died is she still teaching
ratongal

Albuquerque, NM

#33 Feb 5, 2013
What about daddy long leg?
Vigil

Las Cruces, NM

#34 Feb 12, 2013
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the house u r talking about when I was in school my bus route passed right by it. Nice thread by the way would like to see more posts in it.
One story that always creeped me out when I was a kid and even now is the story of the man with hooves for feet that would go dancing at Uncle Louie's, everybody believed it was the devil and I have talked to several people about that swear to have seen it back in the day or know someone who has, anyone ever hear of this?
My dad used to tell me that story all the time it would scare the heck out of me
Casper

Santa Fe, NM

#35 Mar 22, 2013
I do belive there is a indian burial ground going toward the lake
Saphier

Phoenix, AZ

#36 Jul 4, 2013
I'm very curious about this" shadow ghost" spirit thing you talk of ! Thought I was crazy and told only a few ppl I trust, but I've seen them and I want it to stop ?!!
Ghostbuster wrote:
There is a shadow ghost that is around town, mostly seen around 3am. The laundry mat and apartments across the el portal used to be a motuary and are haunted. Super 8 in the mid and upper level are haunted.
The St. James is not. I spent the night on a halloween night. Nothing happened. They said a ghost was supposed to return the shot glass by morning in the closed off room. They lied. I slept in the room across and paid more than $100 for one night. I watch like a hawk for that shot glass to be placed by the door.
There are alot of houses and places in Raton that are extemly haunted. I always wanted to know about that house that looks like a mansion on north 1st.
true

Scottsdale, AZ

#37 Jul 17, 2013
Saphier wrote:
I'm very curious about this" shadow ghost" spirit thing you talk of ! Thought I was crazy and told only a few ppl I trust, but I've seen them and I want it to stop ?!!
<quoted text>
where did you see them lol!
true

Scottsdale, AZ

#38 Jul 17, 2013
Saphier wrote:
<quoted text>
where u see it at
loves raton

Albuquerque, NM

#40 Jul 19, 2013
Maybe Raton should do a ghost tour like other towns! I ever knew any of this! I'd pay $20 to walk around Raton at night and hear stories and look in the old buildings! I've done the ghost tour in other towns--ever saw a ghost, but loved hearing the stories!!

By the way, thanks for such a great thread!
Ghost story

Pueblo, CO

#41 Aug 16, 2013
Here's a story for ya! Raton is becoming a ghost town. NO jobs NO people except zombies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's funny 13 hr Curious 10
Dominos Aug 13 Truth hurts 13
Race Track Days Aug 12 Dickie do 12
Brian Garcia Jul 28 Nightmare 2
News CYFD to close former Boys School area (Aug '09) Jul '17 DRR 11
Stop Cyber-bullying and hate Jul '17 Oak 6
Noteno rides into the Sunset Jul '17 Spot Market 12

Raton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance