Ghost Stories in Raton

Posted in the Raton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Stupid Cupid

United States

#1 Feb 14, 2011
Anyone have any interesting ghost stories to share?
Not cool

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Feb 15, 2011
I've heard that that El Portal is haunted is that true?
Goat Hill

Fayetteville, NC

#3 Feb 15, 2011
Don't forget about Gardner Road or the East Side tunnel...
Ghostbuster

United States

#4 Feb 15, 2011
There is a shadow ghost that is around town, mostly seen around 3am. The laundry mat and apartments across the el portal used to be a motuary and are haunted. Super 8 in the mid and upper level are haunted.
The St. James is not. I spent the night on a halloween night. Nothing happened. They said a ghost was supposed to return the shot glass by morning in the closed off room. They lied. I slept in the room across and paid more than $100 for one night. I watch like a hawk for that shot glass to be placed by the door.
There are alot of houses and places in Raton that are extemly haunted. I always wanted to know about that house that looks like a mansion on north 1st.
Goat Hill

Fayetteville, NC

#5 Feb 15, 2011
There is the house on either Cook or Rio Grande Ave that had a pentagram, with maybe a jokers head or goat head in the center, right over the front door. It used to creep me out when I was a kid. Anyone know what I am talking about?
Believer

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Feb 26, 2011
Goat Hill wrote:
There is the house on either Cook or Rio Grande Ave that had a pentagram, with maybe a jokers head or goat head in the center, right over the front door. It used to creep me out when I was a kid. Anyone know what I am talking about?
I remember the house u r talking about when I was in school my bus route passed right by it. Nice thread by the way would like to see more posts in it.

One story that always creeped me out when I was a kid and even now is the story of the man with hooves for feet that would go dancing at Uncle Louie's, everybody believed it was the devil and I have talked to several people about that swear to have seen it back in the day or know someone who has, anyone ever hear of this?

Since: Jan 11

Corrales, NM

#7 Feb 27, 2011
isn't there an indian burial ground out in yankee? anybody have any information on it?
Retarded

United States

#8 Feb 27, 2011
If I am haunted by the memories of anything, the hangovers related to Uncle Louie's. Good god.

I have a place out in that direction (towards Yankee) I will have to see if anyone knows of native burial grounds. If you do want to see something both humbling and scary looking, go visit the cemeteries on top of the mesa. Johnson Mesa and a few other have those old time burial plots.

But be careful and make sure you aren't on anyone's land, one of them is bordered by a private area.

Lot of history up on those mesas, they can look pretty horror movie style late at night.
Retarded

United States

#9 Feb 27, 2011
Was that the name of that bucket of blood? Uncle Louie's?

Those were much younger, much wilder, much drunker days. When I think about how much we used to drink... then again... we used to get pull - top cases of beers for next to nothing.

So many memories that really aren't there... or I may just have alzheimer's already
Ghostbuster

United States

#10 Feb 27, 2011
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the house u r talking about when I was in school my bus route passed right by it. Nice thread by the way would like to see more posts in it.
One story that always creeped me out when I was a kid and even now is the story of the man with hooves for feet that would go dancing at Uncle Louie's, everybody believed it was the devil and I have talked to several people about that swear to have seen it back in the day or know someone who has, anyone ever hear of this?
Yes, I heard of this story. The man was in a black trench coat an well dressed. He danced with a woman in a red dress. Everyone there noticed them as they danced as saw he had hoofs and a tail. The mysterious couple then left and was never seen again.

There is also another story of the old funeral cars that passed through town at 3am. They drove to the cemetary headed up to the high school and then vanished. I heard that a story about was in the range. This happened about in the 80s, also the story above happened in the 80s.

Since: Jan 11

Corrales, NM

#11 Feb 27, 2011
Retarded wrote:
If I am haunted by the memories of anything, the hangovers related to Uncle Louie's. Good god.
I have a place out in that direction (towards Yankee) I will have to see if anyone knows of native burial grounds. If you do want to see something both humbling and scary looking, go visit the cemeteries on top of the mesa. Johnson Mesa and a few other have those old time burial plots.
But be careful and make sure you aren't on anyone's land, one of them is bordered by a private area.
Lot of history up on those mesas, they can look pretty horror movie style late at night.
The cemetery across from the Johnson Mesa church has always been pretty scary. lol I just remember a woman who lived out in yankee telling me about an indian burial ground when I was a child. Not sure if it's true or not, but found it pretty interesting!
Retarded

United States

#12 Feb 27, 2011
Way up top on Johnson Mesa, there was a guy who lived alone in one of the old "teardrop" 50's style trailers. You couldn't miss it, it was about 1/2 mile off the roadway - the thing stuck out like a sore thumb.

I talked to him, last time maybe 10 years ago he was still there. Folks who lived out there thought he was crazy, he was just a lonely old hermit. But I used to talk to him when I did see him...

He was a darn history EXPERT on the area and knew everything there was to know about Colfax County, down to who was buried where and their life history. He said there was a native burial plot somewhere in that area. He swore he knew where it was, just didn't tell anyone, for fear jack asses would defile or rob the graves.
whoa

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Feb 28, 2011
I hear there is an indian burial ground west of gardener road, any ideas knowlege on that
white dove

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Feb 28, 2011
white dove visits the kind spirits of nights and early morning hours. roy rides his black stallion from franks bar to the johnson measa church and over to the ice caves. rick sits on the wall under the flag over looking raton. rick loves the flag and this county he served so well in the service.josey hangs out at the big six bar she likes the spanish music then goes to silver dollar bar where her friends play pool.little marie has meet up with joush and they play ball with rocks under the bridge on gardener road sharron has joined marie and joush and they sing and play hide and seek out on gardener road.pops is still walking the downtown checking doors of all the stores and walks alleys to check the back doors of every business in town.
Raton4Life

Rio Rancho, NM

#15 Mar 1, 2011
Charlie is at the middle school he mostly hangs out in girls bathrooms.

“Haters Gonna Hate”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#16 Mar 1, 2011
lol I forgot about Charlie. I used to have b-ball practice after school and while waiting you would hear him echo in the gym lol
nipplebiter

United States

#17 Mar 1, 2011
Charlie bit me!
white dove

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Mar 1, 2011
looking into the past where the el portal is there was in the early days of raton was a barn and what is now the laundry mat was a theather. the morarty was located where the hot dog restaurant the place next door was a boarding house and what is now the library was also a boarding house.was a time when court would be held and in thoes days people would be hung was a hanging tree at the y where the roads divide many meet their demise at the y. garica street had a bar,gambling and ladies of the night. also was theather garcia street has alot of mystery to it.raton has alot of old old places and along with these places spirits come and go. so when you are out wondering around you hear faint laugher or singing or keys raddle or twig snap.when you think something rushed by you or gave you a breese like the wind when leaves blow. it is the spirits letting you know they are there and they know who you are.
white dove

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Mar 7, 2011
who is the woman who walks down raton avenue in the white dress with flowers in her hands? who is the woman driving the green car down moulton avenue with five children in the back seat and three children in the front seat and what is she laughing about. another car is on fire and the man is madder then the devil? anyone got a clue about this sighting?
lmao

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Mar 8, 2011
I think the raton ave woman is roberta segura lmao......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who would want to Live in Raton New Mexico (Jul '15) Aug 13 Truth hurts 66
Dominos Aug 13 Truth hurts 13
Race Track Days Aug 12 Dickie do 12
Brian Garcia Jul 28 Nightmare 2
News CYFD to close former Boys School area (Aug '09) Jul 21 DRR 11
It's funny Jul '17 RootBeer 101 9
Stop Cyber-bullying and hate Jul '17 Oak 6

Raton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance