Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

Before you look at the city take a look @ MCMC and people making 50,000 plus with no degrees, having affairs and still staying employed, when UNM comes in look out they all will be gone, or maybe they will do what they do best and everyone knows what that is sleeping with the top dog.
idiot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

black cat wrote:
and u two worrie about things that u have no control over..roger no one cares about all ur topixs ..who cares about who's sleeping with who..the only one that should care is their husband or wife none of anyone elses business ..kid got shot for going after officer with a knife (u die)...kid runs into cop car in vegas indangering officer (u die).johnson $128.00 wow hudge amount of money broke the city...get ur facts straight before u run off that two ton mouth

fat boy.
a kid had a knife and they felt they had to kill him, couldn't they have shot him.in the leg, in the arm maybe if he had a gun I could understand but a knife come on now..
stfu already

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2012

Judged:

idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
a kid had a knife and they felt they had to kill him, couldn't they have shot him.in the leg, in the arm maybe if he had a gun I could understand but a knife come on now..
yea idiot in police academy they train shoot to kill ! U have someone run with a knife at u and ur gonna defend urself too
hate stupid people

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Before u run your mouth on your comment #3. About gas companies raton wouldn't have anything if it wasn't for that. Got a question for you do you drive a car? How do you heat your home? How do u get the power to turn on your device to make your stupid a** comments? FROM THE GAS AND ENERGY COMPANY DUMB ASS SO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO BITCH ABOUT

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Maybe it would be best if we had one touchy subject per topic.
URA tard

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't a "kid" you moron. He was 24 years old, a GROWN MAN with a long history of violent crime and drug abuse. So screw off.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

We don't need any more $1 million dollar settlements with punks or their families. Unfortunate, but necessary shooting.
blckeye

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

ya right!! get ur cross eye checked.. there was no justification for the shooting!! he was standing miles away with a kitchen knife.. they MURDERED HIM end of story.. he won't be redeemed in this life but i know he will in the next RIP FRED!! gone but NEVER FORGOTTON..
FYI

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

JaundicedEye wrote:
We don't need any more $1 million dollar settlements with punks or their families.
It was the insurance company's decision to settle, from what I've been told.
FYI

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

blckeye wrote:
he was standing miles away with a kitchen knife..
He was only 15 feet away and running at the officer. The cop barely had time to pull his weapon. Luckily, they train for that.
they MURDERED HIM end of story.
He had it coming. If you're going to act like a punk, dress like a punk, talk like a punk... then don't cry like a little bitch when you're put down like a punk.
FYI

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the insurance company's decision to settle, from what I've been told.
Anyway, the payment was from a different case. In that case the officers were dealing with a crazed man who was overdosing on cocaine. The officers failed to follow procedures intended to prevent "positional asphyxia," which is common among overdose suspects.
idiot

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

URA tard wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't a "kid" you moron. He was 24 years old, a GROWN MAN with a long history of violent crime and drug abuse. So screw off.
I did not know that he was a grown man, but clearly u r a moronic kid if u feel the need to insult someone.. over their opinion.. its hilarious how upset individuals get over someones opinion /comment...
idiot

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2012

Judged:

stfu already wrote:
<quoted text> yea idiot in police academy they train shoot to kill ! U have someone run with a knife at u and ur gonna defend urself too
I still don't c the justification in killing this individual.. they could have shot a limb to stop him..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Judged:

Here's the justification:

1. A knife will cut right through body armor unless you have the special porcelain inserts, which are quite expensive and don't quite cover the entire vest, only critical areas.

2. A very slow time for the 20 yard dash (60 feet) of a man of average height and weight in that age range would be 5 seconds. This was only 15 feet. So, the officer had less than 1.5 seconds to shoot from the time the 24 year old decided to attack before he was stabbed with the knife. I'm being generous with the time. If the 24 year old was some skinny sprinter, it was more likely less than a second. But, let's give the benefit of the doubt. Also, I'm not even counting the delay for the officer's reaction time to respond to the forward movement of the attacker.

In that situation, the person being attacked would not even have a chance to run away, if that was the persons only option. In this case, the person was a police officer who had a gun to defend himself.

Could the officer had taken aim and try to shoot an arm or leg? With only one second to respond, I doubt it. I sure couldn't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Judged:

Let me give my individual response to no_me_falta since I believe there is some "falta" with some of the logic there:

1. Cops in cities far larger than Raton, such as Albuquerque and Los Angeles, CA have the same behaviors with regards to shooting. Yes, in the last 20 years it has changed quite a bit. That's because the hiring trend is toward former military who tend to be automatons rather than thinkers.

2. Jesse James Johnson's problem has less to do with corruption and more to do with not being the sharpest tool in the shed. This is what happens when you don't keep proper track of your travel and per diem and try to recall from memory. But then, his personal financial difficulties already demonstrated that he was not exactly on top of things in his personal life. The only reason this turned into a criminal matter instead of a "pay attention to what you submit or we will fire you next time" situation is because of Chuck Henry. So, if JJJ had not been recalled he would have been forced to resign. And that was the whole motivation over a approximately $200.00 error. But, that's state government for you and especially MCMC. Your co-workers will stab you in the back and for the patients there, your medical history can become town gossip.

3. I was never impressed with PJ Mileta. But then, I find that engineers rarely are capable of being managers and administrators. Here is another one with a slew of personal financial difficulties. But, an opportunity presented itself and Wendy filled the niche. The only problem is the other RE people are jealous and also lazy. They wouldn't know marketing if it cracked their skull. They still believe that people are falling over themselves to buy in Raton. Ha!

As for the rape and pillaging by gringos and their corporations, all you need to do is remove the utility connections to your house and put up solar panels and a windmill. If that is what you believe, then you should do your part right now. The El Raton Theater did it... well it would have been nice if they could have shot for 100% independence with additional battery storage for cloudy days and more solar panels, but that was a very good step forward. And, they got 25% of it paid for with government welfare, just like the poor folks get food stamps. Amazing!

Oh, and the major reason Raton even existed for the last 100 years was because of land rape by rich gringos and their corporations digging for coal. Didn't complain then vato, eh?

4. Actually, had I been a police officer dealing with Saenz, I would have let him kick out all the glass in the patrol car to his heart's content. But, you know what? Saenz would have sued then too. The only way the cops and the city would have won in this situation is if they would have never taken the call and let him flip out and do whatever he would have done otherwise. He's dead, it wasn't murder. What is was is just another sad chapter of the drug problems in this town and the permissive attitude of the people in this city towards drug use.

5. Interesting. Leslie Skinner-Fernandez has never been able to shake off this rumor for nearly two decades now. Even I have wondered about this one. But, any solid or even circumstantial evidence. No. Frankly, I am more concerned about getting her racist idiot boss out of office.

6. Businesses are closing because of incompetent business owners or the declining population. And, if you want the next generation to get involved, first they have to give a damn and present their ideas in a comprehensible way. Roger Rael has some good ideas, but he is always seeing the black helicopters fiying around. Wait, I forgot, for Roger it's White Helicopters.

Oh, and if the "Big Homie" is sitting back laughing, my suggestion would be to stop huffing that nitrous oxide.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Judged:

Let me give my individual response to no_me_falta since I believe there is some "falta" with some of the logic there:

1. Cops in cities far larger than Raton, such as Albuquerque and Los Angeles, CA have the same behaviors with regards to shooting. Yes, in the last 20 years it has changed quite a bit. That's because the hiring trend is toward former military who tend to be automatons rather than thinkers.

2. Jesse James Johnson's problem has less to do with corruption and more to do with not being the sharpest tool in the shed. This is what happens when you don't keep proper track of your travel and per diem and try to recall from memory. But then, his personal financial difficulties already demonstrated that he was not exactly on top of things in his personal life. The only reason this turned into a criminal matter instead of a "pay attention to what you submit or we will fire you next time" situation is because of Chuck Henry. So, if JJJ had not been recalled he would have been forced to resign. And that was the whole motivation over a approximately $200.00 error. But, that's state government for you and especially MCMC. Your co-workers will stab you in the back and for the patients there, your medical history can become town gossip.

3. I was never impressed with PJ Mileta. But then, I find that engineers rarely are capable of being managers and administrators. Here is another one with a slew of personal financial difficulties. But, an opportunity presented itself and Wendy filled the niche. The only problem is the other RE people are jealous and also lazy. They wouldn't know marketing if it cracked their skull. They still believe that people are falling over themselves to buy in Raton. Ha!

As for the rape and pillaging by gringos and their corporations, all you need to do is remove the utility connections to your house and put up solar panels and a windmill. If that is what you believe, then you should do your part right now. The El Raton Theater did it... well it would have been nice if they could have shot for 100% independence with additional battery storage for cloudy days and more solar panels, but that was a very good step forward. And, they got 25% of it paid for with government welfare, just like the poor folks get food stamps. Amazing!

Oh, and the major reason Raton even existed for the last 100 years was because of land rape by rich gringos and their corporations digging for coal. Didn't complain then vato, eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

4. Actually, had I been a police officer dealing with Saenz, I would have let him kick out all the glass in the patrol car to his heart's content. But, you know what? Saenz would have sued then too. The only way the cops and the city would have won in this situation is if they would have never taken the call and let him flip out and do whatever he would have done otherwise. He's dead, it wasn't murder. What is was is just another sad chapter of the drug problems in this town and the permissive attitude of the people in this city towards drug use.

5. Interesting. Leslie Skinner-Fernandez has never been able to shake off this rumor for nearly two decades now. Even I have wondered about this one. But, any solid or even circumstantial evidence. No. Frankly, I am more concerned about getting her racist idiot boss out of office.

6. Businesses are closing because of incompetent business owners or the declining population. And, if you want the next generation to get involved, first they have to give a damn and present their ideas in a comprehensible way. Roger Rael has some good ideas, but he is always seeing the black helicopters fiying around. Wait, I forgot, for Roger it's White Helicopters.

Oh, and if the "Big Homie" is sitting back laughing, my suggestion would be to stop huffing that nitrous oxide.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Sorry for the re-run. Technical difficulties...
get a clue

Raton, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Judged:

businesses are closing due to the simple fact that good labor is not available in Raton. you hire someone that you think will show up to work and be worth the expense of training. They work a couple of weeks, get their first check and then they either don't show up to work or they file a fraudulent worker's comp case. who can stay in business? When they get fired for failing to show up for work or for other valid reasons, they file for unemployment benefits. Then the Dept of Labor awards them the unemployment. A business just can't win. Don't you know that unemployment benefits pass through as an expense to a business?:

Too many people in the area want to whine that there are no jobs but on the other hand the owners and managers of businesses complain that we don't have a work force.
What gives? Glad I'm not a business owner, it would be tough to survive.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2012

Judged:

stfu already wrote:
<quoted text> yea idiot in police academy they train shoot to kill ! U have someone run with a knife at u and ur gonna defend urself too
No stupid ass they teach shoot don't shoot and the entire concept is left to the officers discreation. If I were you I'd first choke my self. Second slap my self for being so stupid and three reasearch the shoot don't shoot part of the dps cadet hand. Your a fucking idiot. You should shoot yourself rid us of more dumb cop wives .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Raton Forum right now

Search the Raton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Raton Middle School coach arrested 8 hr wow 63
so what is up with the tractor supply 10 hr what is up 1
Melanie Gallegos (melgags) 15 hr Stinkbomb 19
druggies and low life snitches Jul 26 Santana 14
Why is channel 7 in town? Jul 25 Weary 4
Superintendent Jul 25 Melvin and Mommie 19
Lmao XP Jul 25 Melvin and Mommie 6
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Colfax County was issued at July 28 at 8:37PM MDT