fire arm at the school
tiredofit

Albuquerque, NM

#56 May 27, 2011
haha wrote:
why the hell k becky have a shot gun in her car she that dumb she works with problem children all i know is krama is a btch becky jones
are you really that stupid? Ha ha is being a sarcastic stupid ass.You actually believe him? LMFAO.
mr clean

Albuquerque, NM

#57 May 27, 2011
learn the laws wrote:
uh, whatever.
BTW, who were the thieving janitors?
Rumor is that some valuable items stolen were not found and not returned to the students.
Considering the value of the students' items and the school's books that were taken, this may have been a Grand Theft felony. Yet nothing in the Range about it either.
The major 'clean out' of the lockers was started by one custodian in particular. This guy is the principal's buddy, always hanging out in his office, shooting the bull while on the clock,cutting down trees on campus to add to the principal's wood pile, making trips to fill the guy's deer feeder. He was supposed to get fired a while back but the principal threw a fit about it.
Ppl

Denver, CO

#58 May 27, 2011
We, as American citizens, do have the right to bear arms BUT it is illegal to bring any weapons onto school grounds or inside any gov offices. So no matter how good of a person she may or may not be, she broke the law. & seeing that she is working with problem kids, she needed to use common sense as well as follow the law...
dumb kids

Albuquerque, NM

#61 May 27, 2011
she didn't put anyone in danger, it's those stupid punks who put people in danger. She made an innocent mistake, and her life should not get ruined by it. However, the kids life was over a long time ago, and we all know it. Yet, she still tried to help the kid as best as she could to help him get an education and this is what she gets?? Way to go kid, ruin your life and someone else's. Your mom should be extremely proud of you!
ratburgers pimp

United States

#62 May 27, 2011
Hey dumb kids do u got kids at the high school I do and yes all kids and staff were all in danger that kid was at that school all year and never took a gun or weapon but she did and u want to blame the kid for it all I don't think so
dumb kids

Albuquerque, NM

#63 May 27, 2011
actually yeah i do! It's about time that kid get in trouble. It's better for all of us to not have to deal with these troublemakers. Wasn't the kid bullying 5 year olds on the bus like two years ago?? i guess you can only help these kids so much before it becomes pointless!
Stick_Up

United States

#64 May 27, 2011
dumb kids wrote:
she didn't put anyone in danger, it's those stupid punks who put people in danger. She made an innocent mistake, and her life should not get ruined by it. However, the kids life was over a long time ago, and we all know it. Yet, she still tried to help the kid as best as she could to help him get an education and this is what she gets?? Way to go kid, ruin your life and someone else's. Your mom should be extremely proud of you!
You sound like Swope or the ex-chief of police. She was the one in the wrong. With her former experience of being a policewoman, her husband a state police officer, and her blowing RPD officers on duty while they drive around (joke), this gives her alot of experience with knowing the laws about firearms.

Seriously, she should of known better about the firearm, if she had any common sense. The kids don't know any better. This is not the kids fault. The kids she helps depend on her, thats what she gets paid for.

Why in the heck are these kids in these programs if you think their so smart? Stick up for her all you want, its her fault for having a gun in her car and having kids access her car knowing there was a deadly weapon on site. If the gun was not there then there would not be a problem. The kid would not have gotten curious to take it.

I don't know how mnay time the news stresses about situation of children with guns at schools. maybe she should watch the news more often, then she wouldn't be part of it, whick gives something for people to talk about.
tiredofit

Albuquerque, NM

#66 May 27, 2011
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, she is the one to blame because she is suppose to be the responsible adult. These problem kids rely on these so-called mentors. How can they set an example if they do a dumb thing like that? The kids need help in the first place. That is the job of the mentor is to guide them in the right direction. To have a gun present for these kids to have access to it is the fault of the gun owner. She is to blame. The parents can make a big deal out of this, and the parent of the kid who stole the gun. If enough complaints to Soy that she can not be trusted anymore to have "common sense", then maybe they will let her go. She can not make wise decisions in the present of these kids that need help.
We all have the right to bare arms so long as we are not convicted felons. Regardless if we work with kids, or we are a doctor, or a lawyer. She may have the gun for protection. We also have the right to protect ourselves and our family. So no, it's not her fault. We cannot posses concealled weapons so the gun was in plain view of the kids, but they are at fault because they broke in her car and took something that doesn't belong to them. You're making it sound like she told them hey, there's a gun in my car, want it?
dumb kids

Albuquerque, NM

#67 May 27, 2011
i'm sure you would have enough patience to help these kids right? they won't find anyone better than her for the job plain and simple. you're probably one of the low life's who have nothing going for them, so you love to watch the successful hardworking people be brought down.
Fido

Albuquerque, NM

#68 May 27, 2011
Stick_Up wrote:
<quoted text>
If the gun was not there then there would not be a problem. The kid would not have gotten curious to take it.
You must be very naive. You think that kid stole the gun because he was curious?!? Hell no, he stole it to sell and/or show off for his degenerate friends.

If not the gun, he would have stolen something else.

Fortunately though it was a gun so people take notice.

SOY employees must be pretty naive too. I wouldn't let any of those reject bastard kids anywhere near my car.
Mr not so clean

Albuquerque, NM

#69 May 27, 2011
mr clean wrote:
<quoted text>
The major 'clean out' of the lockers was started by one custodian in particular. This guy is the principal's buddy, always hanging out in his office, shooting the bull while on the clock,cutting down trees on campus to add to the principal's wood pile, making trips to fill the guy's deer feeder. He was supposed to get fired a while back but the principal threw a fit about it.
Guy should be fired immediately, and then arrested. Tazered a few times too.
And anyone who lost stuff should be paying this guy's house a 'visit'.

What the hell was he thinking?!?
Mom

Albuquerque, NM

#71 May 27, 2011
Fido wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be very naive. You think that kid stole the gun because he was curious?!? Hell no, he stole it to sell and/or show off for his degenerate friends.
If not the gun, he would have stolen something else.
Fortunately though it was a gun so people take notice.
SOY employees must be pretty naive too. I wouldn't let any of those reject bastard kids anywhere near my car.
I happen to have a child in that school and they are not a reject bastard kid, they come from a good home and made a couple of bad decisions that THEY have to answer to, not to anyone else is this town. Instead of talking trash on here , why dont you be a productive person and mentor the troubled youth of Raton. Oh wait your to busy judging the actions of other people, this is why Raton is in the shape it's in, everybody loves to point fingers and condemn people for their mistakes but yet you have a handful of people (SOY, Team Builders, etc.) in this town trying to make a difference and everybody else just adding to it! Everybody makes bad choices , no one is perfect!
confuscioussay

Albuquerque, NM

#72 May 27, 2011
Ok. this blog was started about a fire arm. but it also speaks of the janitor who rifled through kids lockers and threw things away. Make a separate blog for each please. Stay on subject. Nothing about lockers being raided has to do with the title of this blog
think

Albuquerque, NM

#73 May 27, 2011
so i'm wondering what would have happened if the gun had been stolen from a student's car. That student with the gun in the car would have been arrested for having a firearm on school grounds. same should go for her. we don't know the stability of the kid who stole the gun, this could have been a huge tragedy.
TELL ME ABOUT IT

United States

#74 May 27, 2011
I know for a fact that half those kids are on medication for mental or behavioral issues and im sure she knew that i think the mother should put a lawsuit on the agency and on the adult with the gun in the car
just another opinion

Los Lunas, NM

#75 May 27, 2011
It doesn't matter why he stole it, the point is it was easy access for a troubled child she was being paid to mentor. contrary to previous statements, she is not doing her job out of the kindness of her heart. While she may enjoy her work, she is being paid to do it. I am hard working and if I am wrong, I am wrong and if I get reprimanded or fired because of my negligence then I deserved it. She was wrong to take that firearm onto school property, leave it in plain sight of troubled youth and then when it got stolen, claim she is the 'victim'. What about all the workers and students at that school she put in danger by having the weapon on school grounds? They are the real victims. Luckily the kid did not actually use the gun. The boy is facing the consequences of his actions. I don't see the fairness in Ms. Jones not having to face any consequences for hers.
As for the locker cleaning, that ticked me off. My child had a very expensive jacket thrown in the dumpsters full of yuck. While it has been retrieved, it is stained with whatever other garbage was thrown on top of it. If I cannot get the stains out, I will file a formal complaint. The janitor is a school employee and as a result, his actions while at work are on behalf of Raton Public Schools. They do not get to say that they simply are not going to pay for damaged, lost or stolen items. They are responsible and I think that any parent whose child lost or had any items damaged in that stupidity, should file a complaint as well. They will fine the heck out of the kids for damaged books. Turnabout is fair.
whatever

Albuquerque, NM

#76 May 27, 2011
they announced for the students to cleanout their lockers after school on tuesday. if the students don't listen that's their problem
dumb kids

Albuquerque, NM

#77 May 27, 2011
i'm not becky jones i'm sure she doesn't even care about what all of you say on here!
Iagree

Albuquerque, NM

#78 May 27, 2011
just another opinion wrote:
It doesn't matter why he stole it, the point is it was easy access for a troubled child she was being paid to mentor. contrary to previous statements, she is not doing her job out of the kindness of her heart. While she may enjoy her work, she is being paid to do it. I am hard working and if I am wrong, I am wrong and if I get reprimanded or fired because of my negligence then I deserved it. She was wrong to take that firearm onto school property, leave it in plain sight of troubled youth and then when it got stolen, claim she is the 'victim'. What about all the workers and students at that school she put in danger by having the weapon on school grounds? They are the real victims. Luckily the kid did not actually use the gun. The boy is facing the consequences of his actions. I don't see the fairness in Ms. Jones not having to face any consequences for hers.
As for the locker cleaning, that ticked me off. My child had a very expensive jacket thrown in the dumpsters full of yuck. While it has been retrieved, it is stained with whatever other garbage was thrown on top of it. If I cannot get the stains out, I will file a formal complaint. The janitor is a school employee and as a result, his actions while at work are on behalf of Raton Public Schools. They do not get to say that they simply are not going to pay for damaged, lost or stolen items. They are responsible and I think that any parent whose child lost or had any items damaged in that stupidity, should file a complaint as well. They will fine the heck out of the kids for damaged books. Turnabout is fair.
My son had his one of a kind artwork thrown in that dumpster and he was unable to find it when he looked in there for it. That artwork is priceless because it is his original. Now someone can copy it and claim it as their pieces of work. All they have to do is scribble out his name. It truly saddens me that the janitor was allowed to do this. I don't have a receipt for the artwork as I'm sure you do the jacket so I probably won't be able to file a claim because it will be my word against theirs and they will say i'm just trying to get in on the deal. All I know is my son's work is unique. I will be able to spot it from a mile away so if anyone has it I hope they turn it in. But they won't.
TheRealHeatherT

United States

#79 May 27, 2011
Oh yeah and what about the students who had outside classes such as p.e. or art or an hour at the alt. school. They school system has money to take the teachers on vacations but yet they won’t install intercoms in the outside buildings so all the teachers and students can hear their announcements. And also they shouldn’t have dumb people laughing when they are making the announcements. We students who didn’t hear their announcement was not our fault strictly. Maybe the school should have just waited till the last day after school to have their damn locker clean out. and also why does these schools have ex-cons working as janitors? There are kids around and young ladies. if the school wants to hire cons they should have them working when school hours are out. So there for our raton public schools can just go fu*k themselves on that...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Man Treated Like Trash. You May Know Him 13 hr help 6
One Murderer Down... 19 hr mary 19
VINCENT Martinez Thu help 4
Colfax county paying part-timers more than full... (Mar '15) Nov 30 Sky cam 32
Savannah vasquez Nov 30 Junior 18
Raton City Commission Meeting On Election Day Nov 28 Y que 9
Deep Fried Crystal Hernandez Nov 24 Rata killa 7

Raton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance