RHS Athletics going away?

Posted in the Raton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fun times

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Feb 12, 2013
Can anybody shed some light on this I am very concerned. My son loves playing sports granted he is in Junior High.

Coach Walton barely had enough numbers for a JV football team. I think he had less than 30 players this year.

Coach San Roman didnt have hardly any number as well for basketball

Coach Marez told me yesterday he probably wont have more than 20 baseball players this year.

What the heck is going on. I know there has been alot of eligibility issues with grades. Junior High programs have very negative situations as well.

Just wondering if I should get out of Raton now or wait the storm out. I hate to tell my son he cant play sports because there is not enough decent kids to play at the high school level.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated...
rainbow

Santa Fe, NM

#2 Feb 12, 2013
theirs plenty of kids to play they just dont have the grades to much drugs and drinking at a young age!
Say it aint so

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Sports is here to stay. It's a small school and the number turning out to play will be small. There is no way Raton is going to give up on sports. It is of vital interest to boys as well as girls.
Wondering

Lynchburg, VA

#5 Feb 12, 2013
I think people just don't have the money so their kids are having to do without sports. Blame that on the economics of Ratons finest ! Grow Raton so our children have a future !
Big guy

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Feb 12, 2013
Kids are to worried about smoking pot and parents think its OKay
tiger pride

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Kids are lazy parents support there kids drug habits
nono

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Feb 13, 2013
These athletic programs here are a damn joke the coaches let the players do as they please...
Fun times

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 Feb 15, 2013
I dont think it is the coaches fault at all they have to deal with what they got. The fact is the All Star mentality around this town in all these programs are a complete joke.

The Youth Football team is comprised of parents of "old has beens" that only get kids they want to play and then they call it a traveling team. Half of those kids when they are older no longer play, go on drugs or cant keep up their grades for eligibility.

Can you imagine if some parents had these kids in big cities where there was real competition. Half of them would not be able to afford it has some of those big cities charge alot of money to play youth sports...
disgusted

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Feb 22, 2013
nono wrote:
These athletic programs here are a damn joke the coaches let the players do as they please...
It depends on who you are in this town to. I guess nobody has heard about the "tea bagging" incident that happened on the school bus to some of the players. If you don't know what "tea bagging" is boys place there private parts on people especially there faces. That happened on the Tiger bus and I hear all that happened to the boys that did this is that they got suspended fro school for 5 days. This is a sexual assault. I am sure if this happened to the superintendent's son, these boys would have been kicked out of school. Maybe this didn't happen because one of the boys goes with the daughter of the superintendants good friend and is also the friend of his daughter. There is already enough nepotism at the high school. They should recall the entire school board for hiring Wilden in the first place since he hires all of his friends and his wife. This is nepotism at its worst! If winning is more important to let these boys get away with this sex crime and let kids and there familys be humiliated like this they should get rid of the coach, principal and superintendent. I feel sorry for the boys and the familys that this happened to. No wonder Raton is going to hell and everyone wants to leave.
Wooow

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 Feb 22, 2013
disgusted wrote:
<quoted text> It depends on who you are in this town to. I guess nobody has heard about the "tea bagging" incident that happened on the school bus to some of the players. If you don't know what "tea bagging" is boys place there private parts on people especially there faces. That happened on the Tiger bus and I hear all that happened to the boys that did this is that they got suspended fro school for 5 days. This is a sexual assault. I am sure if this happened to the superintendent's son, these boys would have been kicked out of school. Maybe this didn't happen because one of the boys goes with the daughter of the superintendants good friend and is also the friend of his daughter. There is already enough nepotism at the high school. They should recall the entire school board for hiring Wilden in the first place since he hires all of his friends and his wife. This is nepotism at its worst! If winning is more important to let these boys get away with this sex crime and let kids and there familys be humiliated like this they should get rid of the coach, principal and superintendent. I feel sorry for the boys and the familys that this happened to. No wonder Raton is going to hell and everyone wants to leave.
I think I seen your out burst in a movie one time it was called "Diary of a mad black woman." I can under Stand your frustration but lets get things right ok. First there is a thing called administrative government and legal government. Administration has a promblem because they have to follow a set if rules and laws but have no law enforcent capability unless it directly involves the policy.

Unfortunately we can not deprive children an education and expulsion would only put such children on our city streets. And seriously you think we can afford that?

I'm guessing the police were called and Wilden did his job by notifying police. Standard operating procedure of any legitament educational facility. I think the issue should be investigated to see if the acts were criminal.

But on the opposite side of the stick if parents would take reponsibility for there offspring we wouldn't have this situation. And as far as Dave choseing sides that S.O.B is so by the book it's disgusting and if you don't know that you better ask somebody . You think he wants that reputation in our schools are you crazy and living in some mid evil knight era?

We have to teach our children vigilance and respect bottom line. To allow someone to do this and just tolerate it with out scream or gouging out an eye is questionable to me.

So you see like in the movie "an angry black woman" she learned that here were different views to everything. Sometimes people need help even the bad ones. I say instead of pointing fingers we all get down to some James Brown and do some work to better our school, our community, and our families.

This should be looked upon as a warning that you Topix Toll you need to become more involved . I don't see no one else out here willing to make a difference or get the job done. At the end of the day I wonder how Wilden felt. Hopefully he went home and slapped his wife she bugs me. I say we work together and make it better. Lets enforce a no bully zone. We can use Rael as a mascot ...
Oh Boy

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Feb 22, 2013
nono wrote:
Have to agree with this statement - although harsh - my question is why is it that players are allowed to attend practice when they are not eligible to actually play the sport because they are failing and/or failed an academic course? You would think that if this student was not passing a course that this student should be studying?

I also have to agree with disgusted - if this so called "tea bagging" did occur - I would think that formal legal charges will be forth coming. And OMG - was there not any supervision/adults on that bus? True enough - these are high school students and coaches are not babysitters - but hey - pay attention to what is going on around you at all times.

I also have to agree with Wooow - due to laws regarding children - they will not be kicked out of school - but as parents of other children playing sports - do you want your children in a locker room, on a bus or basically anywhere around the accused? Just an idea - maybe those accused should like not participate in sports the remainder of the school year (if indeed guilty) a lesson needs to be learned by those involved - sad but true - not all but some parents are truly lacking in their parental responsibilities.
87740heat

Fort Worth, TX

#13 Feb 23, 2013
http://.kob.com/article.html#! /59107/d2d2467cc315cbc1cd5cedc 7967f5967
Check out today head lines on KOB TV . You don't think Wilden did the right thing? Check out what just happened in Albuquerque. Another " Student Assult and theft " witnessed by a teacher. Soundsike the teacher was on point like Wilden was following orders of the policies and procedures. Maybe now is a time for new recommendations by teachers, students and parents? If we really need to do something is stop listening to "Sacromonto" and her band of idiots . Wilden is a good super and he does his job, unlike the rest of Ratons leaders.
tiger pride

El Prado, NM

#14 Feb 24, 2013
Wow willden is all talk not action he tells u what u want to hear he lies and is a snake. Listen to this west Las Vegas basketball player beats up two pojoque players after game he gets kicked off team taos cheerleader gets caught drinking she gets kicked of team raton high school basketball boys smoke pot sexual assault teammates and guess what still playing shows how jacked up raton high administrators are time for johnson to go nothing but a chicken shit filing trespassing complain on victims father what a bunch of bull
Unreal

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Not only does the principal and superintendent need to re-evaluate their authority to allow the accused to continue to participate in sports - where in the hell are the parents of these boys?
By allowing their kids to continue with sports they are sending a huge message to all of us -'hey, we support our boy's twisted mentality - they can do as they please - future victims beware!!!!!!

What a shame.

“Mr. Lawleress haha ”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#17 Feb 24, 2013
tiger pride wrote:
Wow willden is all talk not action he tells u what u want to hear he lies and is a snake. Listen to this west Las Vegas basketball player beats up two pojoque players after game he gets kicked off team taos cheerleader gets caught drinking she gets kicked of team raton high school basketball boys smoke pot sexual assault teammates and guess what still playing shows how jacked up raton high administrators are time for johnson to go nothing but a chicken shit filing trespassing complain on victims father what a bunch of bull
Maybe you should focus more on Raton perhaps that would be a detourant is violent acts in our schools and among our children . Dave followed procedure he didn't write the policy he was hired to enforce that was defined many years ago and is subject to amendments .

Perhaps you could cool your jets long enough to write a letter and ask for a revision of the policy and ask that parents, faculty and students be heard regarding this matter.

You're blaming RHS administrators for kids partying on the bus and getting caught? That shits been happening since I was a kid. How about putting the blame where it goes on the families. School is a place of business just like anywhere you have customers. A good portion of Our RHS students are rude, self centered and a**holes. Don't you dare try and paint a pretty picture that the kids are victims. The kids attacked should have beat the hell out their attackers I would have. That to me sounds like you need to toughen your kids up . The bullies are lol cowards who prey on the weak. But judging by the way you're complaining I can see where the issue is at of you're one of the parents. Stop thinking so one sided. Dave may be a snake but he's not poisoness and he is good with kids. I like Dave and he is a stubborn mule but he is fair, firm and consistent. Lets work together how are we going to teach our kids if we fail at communicating between our selves? I love you take a deep breath.

“Mr. Lawleress haha ”

Location hidden

#18 Feb 24, 2013
jonni wrote:
raton high has just turned into nothing but trouble but nothing will happen its time for wilden to go and his ugly friend so called johnson i bet she wished that caleb wood would have tbagged her the dirty b itch heard she sleeps in the same bed as her 30 plus year old son nasty get help get out
Man you are from Raton! I like Johnson I would tea bag her and make a sandwich with her Possiably a manwich ....that sounds pretty stupid huh ? So does what your spewing out your mouth. The same mouth you use to tell people you love them. The same lips you use to kiss babies and those you love. It's a shame that such rubbish comes From your soul. I wish you were this passionate about a man how's contracted to make $1 million dollars if he is fired as city manager. Your fighting for your kid, but you should be fighting for your family. Your kid should be fighting the bully back instead of being a little p***y . Serious Raton is no joke, this is a rough town. Teach your kids to defend them self or watch them become prey to sexual assaults and who knows what is next. I love you I will pray for us to be at peace.

“Mr. Lawleress haha ”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 24, 2013
Unreal wrote:
Not only does the principal and superintendent need to re-evaluate their authority to allow the accused to continue to participate in sports - where in the hell are the parents of these boys?
By allowing their kids to continue with sports they are sending a huge message to all of us -'hey, we support our boy's twisted mentality - they can do as they please - future victims beware!!!!!!
What a shame.
I totally agree but we can't just fire the super seriously RPS is the only good thing we have going now. We need to work together me included. You guys know what's up, when we as a community become lax with our government and administrators we are letting our voices to be silenced. Our voices should ever be silenced . I'm hurting insider, really i am this situation is frustrating and it needs to be addressed but there has to be some form of civility.

I don't want to see kids hurt or see our district on the news in a negative light. Hell we have enough problems trying to get a real city commission together.

Is there anyway we can all lock our selves in a room and yell at each other and be done with it so we can build a better system?

We have everyone's interest now we just need and agreement to work together. I'm pissed at a few members on the school board. I don't approve or vote in favor of Saccromono but lets see what she does. Make us proud ma'am with all due respect. But I will not allow folks to hit Dave in a false light.

I know me and Dave have gone to war with one another I even tried to run him off the road one time no lie by Gardner ask him. I called Dave's bluff one day and he proved he is not a yes man. I didn't give him a fair shot but now we tolerate each other. Lets all work together . Por favor
Right from Wrong

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Feb 24, 2013
So you call the little kid that was a victim of this assault a P**SY. Now that shows what a winner you are. The kid is like 5' and 120 pounds. I think that it is always bad to demonize the victim. I would point out to that the young mans father isn't going to be happy with the parents of the bullies or you either Rog. You better hope Freddy has you father down on his hit list. If that was my kid I would demand that more be done to the attackers. Where the hell were the Seniors and Coaches. A buss isn't that big. People better take this seriously because if it's not I better someone will call a TV station and they will run with it.

“Mr. Lawleress haha ”

Location hidden

#22 Feb 24, 2013
Big_Rog wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree but we can't just fire the super seriously RPS is the only good thing we have going now. We need to work together me included. You guys know what's up, when we as a community become lax with our government and administrators we are letting our voices to be silenced. Our voices should ever be silenced . I'm hurting insider, really i am this situation is frustrating and it needs to be addressed but there has to be some form of civility.
I don't want to see kids hurt or see our district on the news in a negative light. Hell we have enough problems trying to get a real city commission together.
Is there anyway we can all lock our selves in a room and yell at each other and be done with it so we can build a better system?
We have everyone's interest now we just need and agreement to work together. I'm pissed at a few members on the school board. I don't approve or vote in favor of Saccromono but lets see what she does. Make us proud ma'am with all due respect. But I will not allow folks to hit Dave in a false light.
I know me and Dave have gone to war with one another I even tried to run him off the road one time no lie by Gardner ask him. I called Dave's bluff one day and he proved he is not a yes man. I didn't give him a fair shot but now we tolerate each other. Lets all work together . Por favor
Oh spare me jelly roll you don't even have kids. What do you care?
DISGRACE

Albuquerque, NM

#23 Feb 24, 2013
Do not judge what you do not know and if you don't have any children you have no right on here to write about your thoughts. You are not a parent. The victim is not the guilty one. You do not know the story, so keep your heartless comments to yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The bitch named NASTY 14 hr Thinking 1
RPD is a joke 14 hr TyeDye 84
Raton Trolls Fri Nasty 52
Raton Day Care Options Fri new2town 9
Cecilio Vasquez Jun 23 Nasty 112
Saint Joseph's church Jun 23 1 Proud Catholic 14
When did Tony Romo start working for the city Jun 20 kitten 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raton Mortgages