Man charged with theft of $15,000

Man charged with theft of $15,000

There are 11 comments on the The Daily Press story from Aug 18, 2006, titled Man charged with theft of $15,000. In it, The Daily Press reports that:

Ryan John Annear, 18, Escanaba, allegedly stole approximately $15,000 during two break-ins at a residence on the 200 block of Ludington Street July 12 and 16.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Press.

An Outsider

Marquette, MI

#1 Dec 11, 2006
Wierd how the Press would screw up on their story again, for 1 it is not determined yet how much was taken and it def. was not 15,000 dollars for 2 The restitution was not given/ turned over to the eisenbergers because they need to prove where they got the money from (and that they worked for it) and approximately how much was there. Which I know all of us people of Escanaba are wondering how The House Of Ludington makes that much money because they certainley do not get customers and their food sucks. Their whole family is insane, the father or the family has been checked into the psych ward at least 2 times already, the mother of that family is a junkie, and the daughter says she worked for the money that was taken from her bedroom but yet I have never seen that girl lift a finger to help anyone or even herself. And the son I dont even want to get started on him, hes the one that showed everyone where the money was and hes the only one that got away with it, no wonder the camera system didnt work hes the one that set it up! Ironic? The whole family is a whack job and everyone knows they certainley are not making any money with their buisness. As for the young gentlemen they didnt get away with it, but some got off way lighter then others did and thats what I dont understand! Carl and Jason Frazzle all got off with a teather possibly probation, they all were involved just as much as Ryan Annear was but yet, they only got that, I dont understand how a fair judgement to that would be 11 months I just dont see how that compares to a teather and probation? The press made it seem like Ryan Annear forced other outsiders to be a part in this crime,in my oppinion no one has to do what they want to do, its not like they were forced into it, they choose to be a part in it, so why was Ryan punished so much on behalf of everyone else? Is that what our judicial system is coming down to? Im ashamed of the community I live in the officers I see and the judgements that are made here. Ive never seen such a disgrace in this community people are very very untrustworth here and very closeminded. I feel sorry for this town because when I grew up as a girl here there was never nearly as much unjust things going on here.
outsider

Traverse City, MI

#2 Dec 30, 2006
this is insane

Since: Dec 06

Traverse City, MI

#3 Dec 30, 2006
Okay - here goes again. I will try to post my comment once more. This whole court matter should have never happened. The three juvies, Karl Schmidt, Jason Frizzell, and Alex Holt had been stealing from the House of Ludington for months before Ryan Annear ever even met these three boys. They knew where all the tunnels under the House of Ludington were, where the Wisconsin liquor and beer was stored, where the money was - in the cookie jar on the kitchen cupboard. Ryan didn't start hanging out with these boys until late May/early June, well after the other three boys had been helping themselves to all the goods at the Eisenberger's for quite some time with the help of Wyatt Eisenberger. Karl, Jason, and Alex had it all - money, marijuana, booze, beer - you name it, they had it. That is how they drew so many other kids to them. Insane? Yes. And they got probation. Justice? No. The only thing to do is to let the public know what happened with this court matter and let them decide. More to come.

Since: Dec 06

Traverse City, MI

#4 Dec 30, 2006
At the first court hearing, Suzelle testified that she was missing $7500. At the second court hearing, this figure doubled. Poof! Magic money, that's what she must have. Money that her husband didn't even know she had. "Personal" money - money they "worked really hard for". Suzelle must have been selling a lot of food and stuff to have that kind of personal income - and all cash. There are many, many people in Escanaba with far more wealth than the Eisenberger's, and they don't have $15,000 in cash in cookie jars, purses, etc. Their legally acquired money is kept in a financial institution. This was money that hadn't been touched since they returned from Paris in Sept. 05. and didn't know was missing until she went to pay her business taxes in July 06. Business isn't so good, you know? No "personal" expenses between Sept 05 and July 06? That's odd. I wonder why she didn't need any of that "personal" cash when they took the trip to Mexico in May 06. Oops. I don't think we are supposed to know about that trip. Suzelle didn't mention that trip when she testified in court. Speaking of trips, Glenn Pearson, the judge, and his family, along with a guest, took a trip to the Bahamas for spring break (Mar 06). Their guest? None other than Kallie Eisenberger, the daughter of the Suzelle and Ed Eisenberger. Should Glenn Pearson have presided over any hearing regarding this? I think not. Glenn Pearson also had his election night party at the Eisenberger's hotel. Conflict of interest? I'm no rocket scientist, but I would say yes, there was a definite conflict of interest on his part. Without a doubt, he most certainly did not fulfill the oath he took when he became a judge to be fair, honest, and just. He should have excused himself from the bench. But, he didn't. Justice? Far from it. He should be disbarred. I like the way Judge Judy referes to guys like him - Napolean syndrome. More later.
John S

Traverse City, MI

#5 Dec 30, 2006
Glenn Pearson - that sawed off little runt. He was a p!ss poor attorney, and he's a p!ss poor judge. Napolean syndrome - I like that! If he was a fair, honest man, he wouldn't need extra security is his courtroom. What's he so afraid of?
Esky

Escanaba, MI

#6 Feb 26, 2009
All these comments from a mother who can't see what she has done to her son. Everyone is to blame but poor Ryan. Well, if he was so innocent would he have gotten caught yet again and now is serving time in the big house for yet another string of crimes? Poor Ryan who did this to him this time. If he would keep his nose out of other people houses when they aren't there he wouldn't be in jail. I suppose that was the judges fault too. The House of Ludington and Judge Pearson just had it out for poor Ryan. The only thing poor about him was how he was raised. I eat at the House of Ludington and love the food. I have also watched Judge Pearson and would stand guard for him. Hopefully by the time Ryan gets out of jail this time he will stay clean but then hope is all he has.

“Jimmy the Greek ”

Since: Jan 08

Around the Corner from YOU!

#7 Apr 6, 2009
Who cares how much money was taken, a thief is a thief! Now he is doing time, so he got what he deserves...
gimmeabreak

Minneapolis, MN

#8 May 1, 2009
Are you people kidding? First off, Annear is how many years older then the younger boys? Well that may have a little something to do with his punishment. Second, he got caught again so obviously hes not such an "innocent boy". Ok, on to my next point. People, if you believe the fact that Judge Pearson, and probably half of the courthouse, knows the Eisenbergers quite well doesn't affect their capabilities of punishing the accused, then you are out of your mind. I mean for God sakes, the way people believe in their bullshit is enough to make a person sick. We all know their business is, and always was, bringing in zero dollars, while the Eisenbergers use the state money given to them for the hotel to live a lifestyle they cant EVEN AFFORD. How about this, we take that restitution money and pay it back to the state of MI so it can be invested in something constructive and not the family's closet full of clothes or their new sports car. Also, we throw Annear in jail so that no one has to deal with his disorganized criminal acts anymore.
The Insider

Cleveland, OH

#9 Mar 11, 2010
everything that all of you write besides Sheree Annear is so true, I dated Ryan he did nothing but beat the hell out of me and his mother was around for all of it. Never once tried to help me, she heard him throwing me around and beating the shit out of me and never once called for help or came to the rescue. I dont blame her though her son had a lot of control over that aspect because he would abuse her the same as he did me. I loved Ryan with all my heart but when my father passed on Ryans birthday I knew it was time to go. Ryan and all the other boys commited those crimes and I do feel justice was served 100 percent.
Concerned citizen

Hayward, WI

#10 May 28, 2016
An Outsider wrote:
Wierd how the Press would screw up on their story again, for 1 it is not determined yet how much was taken and it def. was not 15,000 dollars for 2 The restitution was not given/ turned over to the eisenbergers because they need to prove where they got the money from (and that they worked for it) and approximately how much was there. Which I know all of us people of Escanaba are wondering how The House Of Ludington makes that much money because they certainley do not get customers and their food sucks. Their whole family is insane, the father or the family has been checked into the psych ward at least 2 times already, the mother of that family is a junkie, and the daughter says she worked for the money that was taken from her bedroom but yet I have never seen that girl lift a finger to help anyone or even herself. And the son I dont even want to get started on him, hes the one that showed everyone where the money was and hes the only one that got away with it, no wonder the camera system didnt work hes the one that set it up! Ironic? The whole family is a whack job and everyone knows they certainley are not making any money with their buisness. As for the young gentlemen they didnt get away with it, but some got off way lighter then others did and thats what I dont understand! Carl and Jason Frazzle all got off with a teather possibly probation, they all were involved just as much as Ryan Annear was but yet, they only got that, I dont understand how a fair judgement to that would be 11 months I just dont see how that compares to a teather and probation? The press made it seem like Ryan Annear forced other outsiders to be a part in this crime,in my oppinion no one has to do what they want to do, its not like they were forced into it, they choose to be a part in it, so why was Ryan punished so much on behalf of everyone else? Is that what our judicial system is coming down to? Im ashamed of the community I live in the officers I see and the judgements that are made here. Ive never seen such a disgrace in this community people are very very untrustworth here and very closeminded. I feel sorry for this town because when I grew up as a girl here there was never nearly as much unjust things going on here.
This post is crazy, who ever you are you do not have a touch of class or a respect for the past. The House of Ludington is a step in the past and the food is great. Who cares about the family or there past. You must be related to the person who stole the money and just upset. I have been there several times and the people that I have met there are very nice. That's all I have to say!!!!!
methcanaba

Escanaba, MI

#11 Sep 20, 2016
I always thought their food was great. You guys got the judge all wrong, he was actually very lenient as a judge and an awesome lawyer before that. He got a lot of people I know out of crap that they didnt deserve. Stealing money though I say lock them all up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rapid River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Casperson says he didn't know of decision to cl... Sun Agwedd 1
David Benish Aug 16 420looking 1
Review: Sensual Arts Adult Bookstore (Mar '14) Jul 30 Smokie 65
News Casperson visits GCC - Sfor Ojibway closure dis... Jul 24 Agwedd 1
Quinnesec Music Thread Jul '18 Musikologist 1
Bang It Ammo, LLC of Greenville, SC (Apr '14) Jun '18 NICK THE OWNER 5
News Before Maplewood was a booming 'burb, there was... (Feb '11) Feb '18 Rod Breheim 37

Rapid River Jobs

Personal Finance

Rapid River Mortgages