Gun Bill Fails in Senate

Posted in the Ranger Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Justhefacts

San Antonio, TX

#1 Mar 21, 2013
The gun bill sponsored by democrats in the senate and pushed by Harry Reid has failed.
corporate

Norman Park, GA

#2 Mar 21, 2013
Justhefacts wrote:
The gun bill sponsored by democrats in the senate and pushed by Harry Reid has failed.
Two many democrats from gun loving states that would not vote for it for fear of losing their seat in senate next election
Doo

Dalton, GA

#3 Mar 21, 2013
I've said all along that no one will take our guns but the right wingers love to spread rumors and propaganda that is just not the truth. They love to spread fear and distortions. Turning to a Democrat would make your concience a lot cleaner.
corporate

Norman Park, GA

#4 Mar 21, 2013
Doo wrote:
I've said all along that no one will take our guns but the right wingers love to spread rumors and propaganda that is just not the truth. They love to spread fear and distortions. Turning to a Democrat would make your concience a lot cleaner.
Doo it is no rumor or propaganda that some democrats want to either ban or take guns from citizens. If it were not for "right wingers" contesting the bill it would probably pass. Too many democrat senators afraid of losing the next election.
Doo

Trion, GA

#5 Mar 21, 2013
corporate wrote:
<quoted text>
Doo it is no rumor or propaganda that some democrats want to either ban or take guns from citizens. If it were not for "right wingers" contesting the bill it would probably pass. Too many democrat senators afraid of losing the next election.
There may be a few Democrats, a few Independents and a few Republicans that would like to take our guns....but not near enough to get the job done. Most people want to keep their guns for protection. I didn't ge at all excited when all this came up to begin with becaus I knew it was going nowhere.
corporate

Norman Park, GA

#6 Mar 21, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>There may be a few Democrats, a few Independents and a few Republicans that would like to take our guns....but not near enough to get the job done. Most people want to keep their guns for protection. I didn't ge at all excited when all this came up to begin with becaus I knew it was going nowhere.
I am only concerned about Obama using executive privilege to bypass congress on gun laws.
Willard

San Antonio, TX

#7 Mar 21, 2013
What about the children?!!!
JOE

Dawsonville, GA

#8 Mar 21, 2013
corporate wrote:
<quoted text>
I am only concerned about Obama using executive privilege to bypass congress on gun laws.
Obama cannot and will not use executive privilege on this issue.
dwarf

United States

#9 Mar 21, 2013
Willard wrote:
relax...democrats don't want to take your children either.
corporate

Norman Park, GA

#10 Mar 21, 2013
Willard wrote:
Contrary to your belief gun laws will not save the children. Criminals and physcos do not obey the law.
TC et I

Dalton, GA

#11 Mar 21, 2013
Willard wrote:
first we can stop lying to them about Xmas and rabbits laying Easter egg's...any lie,even in fun, is still a lie,influencing their young education..
JOE

Dalton, GA

#12 Mar 23, 2013
My biggest concern about gun control,is that the law does you no good when they are needed the most.As you can see in this case ,they did a good job after the crime was commited,but that is simply to late.The lady"might"have been able to save her baby and herself from being shot if she had been carrying a "concealed" gun.Why did they pick her,simply becase she looked like she could not defend heself.
Bobby

Chatsworth, GA

#13 Mar 24, 2013
dwarf wrote:
<quoted text>relax...democrats don't want to take your children either.
They want to kill your children and yes they want your guns. They have been trying to take them little by little for 50 years and trying to use tragedy and the death of children to pass laws that have nothing to do with stopping crime. In a free society we have to accept a certain amount of crime because of the freedoms granted in the Constitution. If we continue to allow these people to restrict our freedoms then we will no longer be a free Nation. It has just about gone too far already.
corporate

United States

#14 Mar 24, 2013
Justhefacts wrote:
Actually it was Feinstein that pushed the bill. Reid got scared and only wanted to introduce a partial bill concerning magazines and background checks. The other democrats in fear of their jobs didn't want anything to do with a gun control bill.
Doo

Dalton, GA

#15 Mar 25, 2013
corporate wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was Feinstein that pushed the bill. Reid got scared and only wanted to introduce a partial bill concerning magazines and background checks. The other democrats in fear of their jobs didn't want anything to do with a gun control bill.
Actually not many people are for gun control reguardless of their party. The big stir is a few are trying to appease the families of the murdered children but in reality there is not much one can do to fix the problem. There's always crazies that can get their hands on guns, knives or ball bats. That's just the way it is.
corporate

Norman Park, GA

#16 Mar 25, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>Actually not many people are for gun control reguardless of their party. The big stir is a few are trying to appease the families of the murdered children but in reality there is not much one can do to fix the problem. There's always crazies that can get their hands on guns, knives or ball bats. That's just the way it is.
For once we agree.
Doo

Dalton, GA

#17 Mar 25, 2013
corporate wrote:
<quoted text>
For once we agree.
Let's see if we can agree on something else. I think Americans are too politically bias on both sides therefore contrubuting to the failure of our own Government when we are all Americans and sould be pulling for one cause and that is to make America the greatest Nation on Earth again. Right now I am beginning to wonder if it still is. Anyways it could be a lot better than it is becoming. There is too much hate and crime these days for everyone to be happy. If I'm lucky, I may have twenty more years here. I would like them to be peaceful happy years. For this to happen, Health Care is my number one priority and money and assets don't mean that much anymmore. I watch people everyday trying to make another dollar to obtain wealth and happiness. Happiness don't have a lot to doo with wealth. Health is much better.
corporate

Norman Park, GA

#18 Mar 25, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see if we can agree on something else. I think Americans are too politically bias on both sides therefore contrubuting to the failure of our own Government when we are all Americans and sould be pulling for one cause and that is to make America the greatest Nation on Earth again. Right now I am beginning to wonder if it still is. Anyways it could be a lot better than it is becoming. There is too much hate and crime these days for everyone to be happy. If I'm lucky, I may have twenty more years here. I would like them to be peaceful happy years. For this to happen, Health Care is my number one priority and money and assets don't mean that much anymmore. I watch people everyday trying to make another dollar to obtain wealth and happiness. Happiness don't have a lot to doo with wealth. Health is much better.
I agree. But every American pulling together and agreeing on everything is not going to happen. People are different and have different ideas on what is right for the nation. I too hope to have 20 more years left and health is a main issue to me but I don't think the Obama health care is the answer. It has already caused problems in my health care as well as my son's and my daughter's health plans. It caused my
son's employer to cut their hours and they changed health plans because of costs. My daughter has to pay more co-pay and deductible on their plan. So I don't think Obamacare is working and I think thee are some democrat senators that feel it is not working also.
Doo

Dalton, GA

#19 Mar 25, 2013
corporate wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But every American pulling together and agreeing on everything is not going to happen. People are different and have different ideas on what is right for the nation. I too hope to have 20 more years left and health is a main issue to me but I don't think the Obama health care is the answer. It has already caused problems in my health care as well as my son's and my daughter's health plans. It caused my
son's employer to cut their hours and they changed health plans because of costs. My daughter has to pay more co-pay and deductible on their plan. So I don't think Obamacare is working and I think thee are some democrat senators that feel it is not working also.
I am not smart enough to solve the problem for sure but I doo know that the Health Care Industry and the Drug Industry have a sure fire clinch on my earings every year and it gets worse everytime the mail man runs so to speak. We MUST get some kind of control of places like these if we ever have any means of existing financially. Free Enterprise sometimes backfires on people when these giants get greedier and greedier without our best insterest in mind. It's all about money these days. If you can't pay big bucks then they will let you die for sure. The Affordable Health Care Law is a step in the right direction towards this goal. It may not be perfect but the Health Care System was broken all to peices before Obama got into office. Mine went up every year without fail. It is an abused system by patients and Doctors and Hospitals too. Needs regualtion!
Bobby

Johnson City, TN

#20 Mar 26, 2013
Doo wrote:
Why don't you turn into a Democrat? It's like saying you are a sailor and you've never been on a ship.
You see, doodypile doesn't vote he just runs his mouth and shows his ignorance of real facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ranger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BOTULISM Dented cans, leaking cans expired cans 1 hr safe 20
Good single women 2 hr Doyle is gay 8
whats wrong with chatsworth?? (Dec '16) 6 hr Jealous are you 17
Rib Country Waitress 11 hr You are a dweeb 77
Tsunami at Carter's Lake!!!!! (Oct '14) 18 hr dale 105
CB Radio shop Gets nailed for illegal equipment! (Jan '11) 19 hr Hambone 94
Loves handsome men 20 hr Veal Brauth 6

Ranger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance