murray county rec department

murray county rec department

Posted in the Ranger Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A-HOLE

Cleveland, TN

#1 Mar 5, 2013
There is a bunch of lying dumbasses that work there. They have coaches for t-ball that doesn't know anything about the game.
Ball Ground Citizen

United States

#2 Mar 5, 2013
Most of the time T-ball coaches are just parents wanting to be apart of there kids activities, and learning themselves in the process. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you know so much about T-ball then why not volunteer yourself A-HOLE?

Since: Aug 09

Greenville, SC

#3 Mar 5, 2013
A-HOLE wrote:
There is a bunch of lying dumbasses that work there. They have coaches for t-ball that doesn't know anything about the game.
Lol are you seriously complaining about T-ball coaches? Do you also boo the other t-ball team when they come up to bat?
Bixhop

Decatur, TN

#4 Mar 5, 2013
I'm not worried about T-ball coaches just glad someone will do it.
The Murray County Rec DEpt. has been a good old boys club for the lat 25 years at least. If you are a member of the club you get special treatment and if you are not you get treated like crap.
Several managers have gone through there and it is always the same, they gather a group up around them and they run the Rec Dept and don't have to follow the rules. Chastain was the worst of the bunch but Polly, Sam and the others were not much betteer. I suspect Pittman will be no better as he learned from Chastain and supported him in some of his BS.
Nothing out there ever seems to change.
A-HOLE

Tucker, GA

#5 Mar 5, 2013
I feel like there cutting the kids short. T-ball is where they are suppose to learn the fundamentals of the game. What I'm really complaint about is the coach is depending on her neighbors 8 year old son to teach the kids how to play. I would coach but i don't have the time to be at practices or games. I have that thing called a job.
In Chatsworth

Ringgold, GA

#6 Mar 5, 2013
A-HOLE wrote:
I feel like there cutting the kids short. T-ball is where they are suppose to learn the fundamentals of the game. What I'm really complaint about is the coach is depending on her neighbors 8 year old son to teach the kids how to play. I would coach but i don't have the time to be at practices or games. I have that thing called a job.
Have you stopped to consider that the T ball coaches might also have a job? Have you considered the possibility that the fact that they work may be why they don't have more time to concentrate on the sport, or why they might not know much about it themselves? I agree with the other, if, despite your job, you seem to know more about it, why dont YOU volunteer? I mean, you apparently had the time to go out there and watch them coach, spend enough time to sit there and form what you consider a constructive criticism about the job they do....it doesn't take any longer to coach than it does to watch. And you even had time afterward to come here and complain on topix about it! Coaches are unpaid volunteers, many times only volunteering after the rec goes down a list of parents practically begging everyone to take on the task. If you want your child to have what you would consider 'quality' coaching, then pay the big bucks for formal training....someone who will tell a 4 year old that t ball is all about winning winning winning, not having fun. Oh, but sorry, that's not around here...you would have to drive them to Chattanooga or Atlanta and, well, you do have to work. Sheesh. As you might have guessed, i have coached in the past...soccer, in my case. And guess what else....I had a full time job at the time!
okkk

Cleveland, TN

#10 Mar 6, 2013
If the problems only ended with t-ball. Just wait until you have to deal with the coaches only letting certain kids have positions and only the select few making all-stars. Enjoy your tball worries, it can get worse. My advice is to coach your child yourself.
citizen

Tucker, GA

#11 Mar 6, 2013
The man works 70+ hours most weeks and is on call 24/7. That's why he didn't coach his own team. He also told the the coach he would be more than willing to help when he isn't at work. I heard him day It. I see his point in being upset, the coach just told the kids to go out there and practice knowing they didn't know what to do. A few parents were a little concerned about the coaches willingness to do what is expected. I am just hoping these kids have fun.

Since: Aug 09

Greenville, SC

#12 Mar 7, 2013
citizen wrote:
The man works 70+ hours most weeks and is on call 24/7. That's why he didn't coach his own team. He also told the the coach he would be more than willing to help when he isn't at work. I heard him day It. I see his point in being upset, the coach just told the kids to go out there and practice knowing they didn't know what to do. A few parents were a little concerned about the coaches willingness to do what is expected. I am just hoping these kids have fun.
So that's his excuse eh? No time for his kids. Then let the coach quit. Your kids will be better off after all.

I love that quote too, "I'd help when I'm not at work". "Words empty as the wind are best left unsaid"
A-HOLE

Tucker, GA

#13 Mar 7, 2013
TheSmartGuy wrote:
<quoted text>So that's his excuse eh? No time for his kids. Then let the coach quit. Your kids will be better off after all.

I love that quote too, "I'd help when I'm not at work". "Words empty as the wind are best left unsaid"
I forgot this forum is full of lazy ass people that doesn't have a clue what a job is. I'm sorry I have a family to support. And that I don't leave it up to government hand out to support my family.

Since: Aug 09

Greenville, SC

#14 Mar 7, 2013
A-HOLE wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot this forum is full of lazy ass people that doesn't have a clue what a job is. I'm sorry I have a family to support. And that I don't leave it up to government hand out to support my family.
Supporting your family includes being there. 70 hours a week sounds to me like you're an absent parent. Oh but that's ok, keep on using that excuse that you're doing it for your family. You've already proven that money > family anyway. Right? Maybe if you yell at a few more people who should be doing your job as a parent your kid will turn out alright.
In Chatsworth

Ringgold, GA

#15 Mar 7, 2013
A-HOLE wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot this forum is full of lazy ass people that doesn't have a clue what a job is. I'm sorry I have a family to support. And that I don't leave it up to government hand out to support my family.
Most of the people who coach, myself included, have a job as well as a family to support. Most of them have kids on the team. Why do you think they're out there, because they don't have kids and want to 'adopt' someone else's for awhile? Sorry, your lazy rear no job theory doesn't hold any water, never took a penny of handout from either the government, member of my family, or anyone else for that matter. Can you say the same? Simply trying to justify your right to complain again. You haven't come up with one yet that has given you the green light.
A-HOLE

Cleveland, TN

#16 Mar 7, 2013
TheSmartGuy wrote:
<quoted text>Supporting your family includes being there. 70 hours a week sounds to me like you're an absent parent. Oh but that's ok, keep on using that excuse that you're doing it for your family. You've already proven that money > family anyway. Right? Maybe if you yell at a few more people who should be doing your job as a parent your kid will turn out alright.
You think it's an excuse that I work as much as I have to. So your saying I should quit and let tax payers support my family. Sounds like a typical Murray county resident. Maybe one day you can get off the couch and get a job. If it wasn't for people like me working the government wouldnt be able to support your sorry ass.

Since: Aug 09

Greenville, SC

#18 Mar 8, 2013
A-HOLE wrote:
<quoted text>
You think it's an excuse that I work as much as I have to. So your saying I should quit and let tax payers support my family. Sounds like a typical Murray county resident. Maybe one day you can get off the couch and get a job. If it wasn't for people like me working the government wouldnt be able to support your sorry ass.
Yeah, you keep on dreaming that I'm on government assistance.

My 40 hour work week brings in more than the national US HOUSEHOLD. That's not even including my wife, who makes almost as much as I do. Sorry to burst your bubble.
okok

Cleveland, TN

#24 Mar 8, 2013
I wouldn't want to coach because of all the parents and when they get older you have to deal with the bad refs!
clyde

Dalton, GA

#25 Mar 8, 2013
Good lord, lets not even try to talk down the refs. They do it theirselves with their calls.
get em

Tucker, GA

#26 Mar 8, 2013
my goodness if you have your kid playing then its not unfair to expect the coaches to teach them someting. If they don't have time or don't know the game they should have never signed up to coach. If we wanted an 8yr old to teach them we could have just had the neighborhod kids get to gether and not learn aything.com e on people its the "REC" not an ole field out behind the barn we should expect something more. not saying they should be pros but teach SOMETHNG work with them on what you do know instead of putting it off on other kids to teach them.
monster

Canton, GA

#27 Mar 9, 2013
The current rec progam murray county has in place now is a complete and total failure. At the rec stage next years middle school and eventually the high school athletes are supose to learn and get prepared for the next level of their sport. From first hand experience I have seen some of the kids waste away in this program. Future star athletes were never developed and ended up quiting sports. That is one reason the murray county football program is a disaster. Lazy employees without vision is another reason. From experience I know of coaches that were completly unqualified to coach at any level get handed the clipboard and a team. Of course they lost most all of their games but still had their job the next year. In the end the kids suffer from this system and the employees in charge of the programs do nothing to change.
Always The Truth

Dalton, GA

#28 Mar 9, 2013
get em wrote:
my goodness if you have your kid playing then its not unfair to expect the coaches to teach them someting. If they don't have time or don't know the game they should have never signed up to coach. If we wanted an 8yr old to teach them we could have just had the neighborhod kids get to gether and not learn aything.com e on people its the "REC" not an ole field out behind the barn we should expect something more. not saying they should be pros but teach SOMETHNG work with them on what you do know instead of putting it off on other kids to teach them.
Isn't the point of youth /rec league sports supposed to be also fun for the kids. It is the parents that hung up on winning games not the kids. They just want a structured environment to play their sport of choice and have some fun and maybe learn something about the game along the way. Parents quit taking the fun out of youth sports. Try encouraging you kid and don't bad mouth the coach or ref. if you try that I bet you will see the results you are wanting. I would suggest to people to try the First Kids Sports available through 1st Baptist in Dalton. The kids love playing in those leagues. One reason is the parents have to be supportive of both the refs and coaches. If they show their butts they will be called out on the carpet for not doing the right thing. My kids played 1st Kids Sports and loved it back in the day. Upward is another alternative to Rec Ball and it has the same type rules and has produced the same positive results.
get em

Tucker, GA

#29 Mar 9, 2013
Always The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't the point of youth /rec league sports supposed to be also fun for the kids. It is the parents that hung up on winning games not the kids. They just want a structured environment to play their sport of choice and have some fun and maybe learn something about the game along the way. Parents quit taking the fun out of youth sports. Try encouraging you kid and don't bad mouth the coach or ref. if you try that I bet you will see the results you are wanting. I would suggest to people to try the First Kids Sports available through 1st Baptist in Dalton. The kids love playing in those leagues. One reason is the parents have to be supportive of both the refs and coaches. If they show their butts they will be called out on the carpet for not doing the right thing. My kids played 1st Kids Sports and loved it back in the day. Upward is another alternative to Rec Ball and it has the same type rules and has produced the same positive results.
I totally agree but the complaint wasn't about them not winning it was about as you put it structured environment and having fun and to learn something about the game along the way. thats the point no structured environment and not learning along the way. If they teach them the best they can and they don't win oh well they did their best but when they are not teaching them anything depending on the other kids to teach them, and what does that teach our kids ? sports to me taught me many things that i carry to this day as you put it structure and working with others team work. Teaching does not take the fun out if done right and everybody wants to act like winnings not a big deal but ask those kids if they enjoy loseing i never did.Even when i fell at something today i can always feel better about it if I gave it my all but not if i was ill informed or slacked myself and guess what i learned that as a child playing sports.All we want is some adult supervision if you except the coaching job then COACH win or lose and the parents will suport you, but not if your doing nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ranger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where did you live after you moved out of your ... 4 hr worker 7
anyone notice that John walton is still living ... 6 hr Mamie Baldwin 7
brmemc 9 hr Messed Up 25
Congratulations Hill - suck-ups Fri Macaroni 1
Work for medicare Fri Retard 17
Married Men In Blairsville Having Gay Sex In Re... (Jun '09) Thu NJ T 27
Will Trump turn Gay when he goes to prison? Thu Not yours 29

Ranger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ranger Mortgages