|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Goodness wrote:
I have sat here and read this whole tread and I am amazed by the number of comments that are completely evil and nasty. Wonder why people don't want to get involved in churches, this thread is a perfect example.
Two pastors stepped down. For whatever reason, THEY felt God was done with them there! Pray for them that God will lead them to the next step in their walk with HIM. The church family will continue. People don't choose to stay or leave based on one person. Most that will leave will be because they find that at this time of change they want to reevaluate their family needs and see if they "fit" somewhere else better, this church has had a great impact in the community and I am sure will continue to do so. Pray for all the people involved! Don't tear down either. Yes, all are hurting, change is hard. But God has great things in store for this church family. Anyone who's heart is not where it should be, God will take care of them!! Rumors are just that RUMORS. Gods church will prevail. And God's men will move forward - this is an exciting time to step back and see what God has in store for some very good people!!
You are talking out of your head. I don't think with all that is going on in the world, HGBC drama is top priority for God or the people of our community right now. People just need to pull their big boy underwear up and go on and get over themselves.
nuts

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Luke wrote:
The two men that are no longer there are Godly men.They know it and God knows it. The bus driving cancer remains just to tear down Gods work. He knows it and God knows it. Period.
If Tommy, yes the bus driver has a name, is so bad why didn't God tell him to leave? I think he is standing up for God, and I think God knows it. Period. Why the bitterness toward him? If you are a true Christian, get that bitterness out of your heart.
Local

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

nuts wrote:
<quoted text> If Tommy, yes the bus driver has a name, is so bad why didn't God tell him to leave? I think he is standing up for God, and I think God knows it. Period. Why the bitterness toward him? If you are a true Christian, get that bitterness out of your heart.
Been here a long time and this makes how many churches that Tommy has been involved with that split? I have heard of 3 since I have been here. I have been invited to that church before and I wouldn't go because of him.
Ask Tommy how many churches he has been a member of in the past 20 or so years. The answer will surprise you.
invited too

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here a long time and this makes how many churches that Tommy has been involved with that split? I have heard of 3 since I have been here. I have been invited to that church before and I wouldn't go because of him.
Ask Tommy how many churches he has been a member of in the past 20 or so years. The answer will surprise you.
My family was invited too, but I would not go because of the two pastors.
nuts

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Pull your big girl panties up and get over it. Didn't the two former pastors come there from Pine Top? Why did they leave that church? Do you have the answer?
Local

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

nuts wrote:
<quoted text> Pull your big girl panties up and get over it. Didn't the two former pastors come there from Pine Top? Why did they leave that church? Do you have the answer?
Whatever you say....people who know him and have lived around here know the truth. Don't worry it will just be a matter of time....people will wise up to him and then he will leave and start somewhere new. He always does. Just like he left HOP then he left Antioch.....then he helped start New Hope.....then they had a split there and he left there and I think went to HG. Déjà Vu.
hmmm

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say....people who know him and have lived around here know the truth. Don't worry it will just be a matter of time....people will wise up to him and then he will leave and start somewhere new. He always does. Just like he left HOP then he left Antioch.....then he helped start New Hope.....then they had a split there and he left there and I think went to HG. Déjà Vu.
Spreading the word?
Local

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

hmmm wrote:
<quoted text> Spreading the word?
Nope....just taking a stroll down memory lane.
skeletons

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope....just taking a stroll down memory lane.
Be very careful, someone else make take a stroll down memory lane.
Local

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

skeletons wrote:
<quoted text> Be very careful, someone else make take a stroll down memory lane.
Oh no! I am so scared! Bring it on!
nuts

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
It hurts to be on the outside looking in doesn't it big boy. Like I say pull your big boy shorts up and get over it. Nothing lasts forever.
Local

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

nuts wrote:
<quoted text> It hurts to be on the outside looking in doesn't it big boy. Like I say pull your big boy shorts up and get over it. Nothing lasts forever.
Looking into to what???? The past repeating itself?? What are you so angry about? Is not what I have said the truth?? He knows it is the truth. So does a lot of other people. The sad thing about it all is that churches don't follow the word like they used to. Years ago had someone been in a church, no lets make that several churches, and had been involved with stirring the pot like he does, he would have been brought before the church and he would have either stopped his behavior or been kicked out. Church now is too political and so worried about offending someone. We all have our issues. If what I have said touched a nerve maybe you should question why. I have never had a problem with Tommy personally. If I see him I speak. People know. Really they do. If you want to know the best predictor of future behavior look at past behavior. Plain and simple.
nuts

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking into to what???? The past repeating itself?? What are you so angry about? Is not what I have said the truth?? He knows it is the truth. So does a lot of other people. The sad thing about it all is that churches don't follow the word like they used to. Years ago had someone been in a church, no lets make that several churches, and had been involved with stirring the pot like he does, he would have been brought before the church and he would have either stopped his behavior or been kicked out. Church now is too political and so worried about offending someone. We all have our issues. If what I have said touched a nerve maybe you should question why. I have never had a problem with Tommy personally. If I see him I speak. People know. Really they do. If you want to know the best predictor of future behavior look at past behavior. Plain and simple.
There is a difference between stirring the pot and being man enough to stand up for what is right. You must be a buddy to the two that left. Get over it.
Bobby

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

The bus driver "Being man enough",now there's a joke for you - LOL!
Click,Click ....click,click....click,click -(Is that you bus driver?)LOL !!!!!!HaHaHaHaHa
Local

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

nuts wrote:
<quoted text> There is a difference between stirring the pot and being man enough to stand up for what is right. You must be a buddy to the two that left. Get over it.
You sound so childish. No I am not a buddy to the two that left. What he did, from what I have heard, has nothing to do with being a man and everything to do with being in control. Its about power. Nothing more nothing less. It comes from being insecure. A real man would not be divisive just because everything doesn't go his way. So from what I have heard he was upset because the preacher spent too much in gas money going to visit the sick and because the other guy spent too much money taking sick or disabled children hunting. That may be your idea of a man standing up for what is right, but its not mine. That's my idea of someone who is insecure and controlling. That's not a man. That's a troublemaker. Deja vu.
steward

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound so childish. No I am not a buddy to the two that left. What he did, from what I have heard, has nothing to do with being a man and everything to do with being in control. Its about power. Nothing more nothing less. It comes from being insecure. A real man would not be divisive just because everything doesn't go his way. So from what I have heard he was upset because the preacher spent too much in gas money going to visit the sick and because the other guy spent too much money taking sick or disabled children hunting. That may be your idea of a man standing up for what is right, but its not mine. That's my idea of someone who is insecure and controlling. That's not a man. That's a troublemaker. Deja vu.
Sounds like Tommy was just trying to be a good steward of GOD'S money. Maybe they were spending too much money, that is what you just stated. A true Christian would spend their own money and not have their hand out. Weren't they getting paid to do what they were doing, and paid very well? Maybe the church was over budget for fuel, and if they were someone needed to stand up and question it. I would say that pickup with Extreme painted all over it is a fuel guzzler, and why drive it all over town. Being paid a salary, going on expensive hunting trips out of state, and expecting the church to foot the bill, now that is extreme in my book. Isn't it strange how everything always boils down to the dollar sign, and that my friend is what separates the the real men of God from the false prophets.
Bobby

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

steward wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like Tommy was just trying to be a good steward of GOD'S money. Maybe they were spending too much money, that is what you just stated. A true Christian would spend their own money and not have their hand out. Weren't they getting paid to do what they were doing, and paid very well? Maybe the church was over budget for fuel, and if they were someone needed to stand up and question it. I would say that pickup with Extreme painted all over it is a fuel guzzler, and why drive it all over town. Being paid a salary, going on expensive hunting trips out of state, and expecting the church to foot the bill, now that is extreme in my book. Isn't it strange how everything always boils down to the dollar sign, and that my friend is what separates the the real men of God from the false prophets.
Keep talking bus driver. If you keep telling yourself that you are a Godly man, sooner or later you will believe it. As for you convincing others that you are, you can forget it. Everybody knows what you are and what you stand for. We all see straight through you. Maybe that's why the choir has half the members it did a year ago. Also, hows the deacon ministry going that you were heading up? I'll tell you. It is nonexistent! And the GROW ministry - same story. Talk about a waste of money!!
Local

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Where does Tommy work?
by stander

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep talking bus driver. If you keep telling yourself that you are a Godly man, sooner or later you will believe it. As for you convincing others that you are, you can forget it. Everybody knows what you are and what you stand for. We all see straight through you. Maybe that's why the choir has half the members it did a year ago. Also, hows the deacon ministry going that you were heading up? I'll tell you. It is nonexistent! And the GROW ministry - same story. Talk about a waste of money!!
Waste of money? I think God took care of the waste of money, twice. We all know that, just ask anybody. Is jealousy rearing it's ugly head? Greed reared it'd ugly little head and looked what happened. Maybe the other two should have spent more time in these ministries and less time on those expensive EXTREME hunting and fishing excursions that someone had to pay for. I heard the fuel bill was extremely high for the year, way over budget. Why should anyone expect Tommy to keep everything going when the other two are off in some other state on a big game hunt or fishing trip. Seems like Tommy should be commended for taking a stand against wasting God's money.
nuts

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Just scratch your mad place, pull your big boy panties up, suck it up and go on. You are not convincing anyone, because we all know the truth, and the truth has set some people free.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ranger Discussions

Search the Ranger Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Paving Companies 2 hr Cracker Jac 10
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr rename 49,838
resturant 4 hr Cletus in Union County 4
Nudist colony in Union County ? 7 hr Cletus in Union County 29
Halsey siblings score Jr. Dragster wins at Comm... 8 hr Antonio 2
Bank Closing 12 hr Marilyn 16
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts 12 hr CARE AND CONCERN 27
•••
•••

Ranger News Video

•••
•••

Ranger Jobs

•••