jail is finally open
george

Pigeon Forge, TN

#1 Jul 19, 2013
Our multi million dollar jail is finally open.
Ol Buzzard

Chatsworth, GA

#2 Jul 19, 2013
Gary did in 6 months what Howard couldn't do in 4 years.
yeah

Dalton, GA

#3 Jul 19, 2013
Ol Buzzard wrote:
Gary and Brittany did it.
Ol Buzzard

Chatsworth, GA

#4 Jul 19, 2013
True
Bobby

Chatsworth, GA

#5 Jul 20, 2013
Ol Buzzard wrote:
When your taxes go up next year or a member of your family gets a ticket from our new Sheriff I hope you will be happy to pay them to help finance the new jail.
curious

Dalton, GA

#6 Jul 20, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>When your taxes go up next year or a member of your family gets a ticket from our new Sheriff I hope you will be happy to pay them to help finance the new jail.
Don't break the law and you shouldn't get a ticket but there will be those dumbbutts that get out drinking and driving and get a ticket. To those I say thank you for the new jail. As far as taxes go we have the lowest tax mileage rate locally so if that is what it takes then so be it.
Why

Conway, SC

#7 Jul 21, 2013
What are the 11 new employees required to open the jail gonna do with not enough prisoners?
Merl Haggart

Chatsworth, GA

#8 Jul 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't break the law and you shouldn't get a ticket but there will be those dumbbutts that get out drinking and driving and get a ticket. To those I say thank you for the new jail. As far as taxes go we have the lowest tax mileage rate locally so if that is what it takes then so be it.
You apparently don't have to pay taxes because you know nothing about taxes.
Sitting at the County line taking money out of hard working people's pockets during these hard times will get Mr Langford sent back home after one term.
Ask Ray Swanson what writing chickenshit tickets will get you and Pittman will get to go home with him.
I don't give a crap about the jail. They should have to stay in a tent or sleep on the ground. I didn't cause them to be there so why should my taxes go up to stroke Mr 3 grand openings Langfords ego?
curious

Dalton, GA

#9 Jul 22, 2013
Merl Haggart wrote:
<quoted text>You apparently don't have to pay taxes because you know nothing about taxes.
Sitting at the County line taking money out of hard working people's pockets during these hard times will get Mr Langford sent back home after one term.
Ask Ray Swanson what writing chickenshit tickets will get you and Pittman will get to go home with him.
I don't give a crap about the jail. They should have to stay in a tent or sleep on the ground. I didn't cause them to be there so why should my taxes go up to stroke Mr 3 grand openings Langfords ego?
Your taxes should go up just to help support the county you live in. Grow up and carry your own weight.
wondering

United States

#10 Jul 22, 2013
What's worse empty multimillion dollar building or opening it and put it to use??? Gary didn't build it he was left with a mess trying his best to clean it up and do some good. As far as tickets go obey the laws and you should be fine
Get a clue

Ringgold, GA

#11 Jul 22, 2013
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
When your taxes go up next year or a member of your family gets a ticket from our new Sheriff I hope you will be happy to pay them to help finance the new jail.
jail was paid for with splost money so don't worry about financing it. The same people griping about tickets are usually the same ones griping about speeding vehicles in their neighborhood. Never can make anyone happy on here. I guess everyone just likes to bad mouth people for a hobby. What's it to anyone regarding an open house? I don't think it cost anyone any money to go look at the new jail and the grand opening was just a ribbon cutting celebrating the fact the place was finally open just like anything else that opens in this ungrateful county.
pauline

Chatsworth, GA

#12 Jul 22, 2013
Get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>jail was paid for with splost money so don't worry about financing it. The same people griping about tickets are usually the same ones griping about speeding vehicles in their neighborhood. Never can make anyone happy on here. I guess everyone just likes to bad mouth people for a hobby. What's it to anyone regarding an open house? I don't think it cost anyone any money to go look at the new jail and the grand opening was just a ribbon cutting celebrating the fact the place was finally open just like anything else that opens in this ungrateful county.
What the hell is SPLOST money? TAXES. The jail can't run on SPLOST money. 4 years ago projected cost to run the new jail was over a million dollars a year, I am sure it is much higher now. Where, clueless, do you think that money is coming from. You probably think Obama is going to print it up and send it to us or it will come from heaven.
Shouldn't comment if you don't HAVE A CLUE how things work. Makes you look dumber if that is possible.
Never been a State Trooper in the State of Georgia that made a good sheriff, all they know how to do is ride around and rite tickets. Many of them make good taxi drivers.
george

Pigeon Forge, TN

#13 Jul 23, 2013
pauline wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is SPLOST money? TAXES. The jail can't run on SPLOST money. 4 years ago projected cost to run the new jail was over a million dollars a year, I am sure it is much higher now. Where, clueless, do you think that money is coming from. You probably think Obama is going to print it up and send it to us or it will come from heaven.
Shouldn't comment if you don't HAVE A CLUE how things work. Makes you look dumber if that is possible.
Never been a State Trooper in the State of Georgia that made a good sheriff, all they know how to do is ride around and rite tickets. Many of them make good taxi drivers.
First of all a lot of personnel have been trained to do multiple jobs, so they did not have to hire so many people. They also got rid of some dead wood. The new sheriff also went in with 30,000 less in salary, which pays almost 2 jailers salaries. The people of Murray voted for the splosh, it was not created and it was used to build the jail and pay for it.
Get a clue

Lawrenceville, GA

#14 Jul 23, 2013
pauline wrote:
<quoted text>
hey you ignorant heffer, yes splost money is tax money that everyone pays even outsiders and financing is a long term payment plan. The jail isn't financed, it is paid for and the county is paid to house prisoners by the state when they are sentenced and by other counties when they house their inmates so you are the clueless one.
dontgiveahoot

Moultrie, GA

#15 Jul 23, 2013
Gary and Brittany 2013 slogan: Spending The Tax Dollars Murray Don't Have!
pauline

Chatsworth, GA

#16 Jul 23, 2013
Get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>hey you ignorant heffer, yes splost money is tax money that everyone pays even outsiders and financing is a long term payment plan. The jail isn't financed, it is paid for and the county is paid to house prisoners by the state when they are sentenced and by other counties when they house their inmates so you are the clueless one.
Never said the Jail was financed. Said it will cost over a million dollars to operate a year and that will have to be paid for by the property tax payers. You can paint it anyway you want it will still cost us a lot more money than we have to operate and all that crap about operating cheaper is just that crap. Nobody pays for us to put DUI's and drug dealers in jail. If they are sentenced the State pays us a small amount for a few days to keep them. We don't now and never have housed prisoners to amount to anything for the State. Every County around us has a new jail and we don't house prisoners for them. This jail is a boondoggle and opening it is an even bigger boondoggle and will cost Langford and Pittman their jobs.
Hell, with 300 jail cells we should start our own prison.
Worst decision along with putting water in Little Murray ( cost us a Million we didn't have)that was ever made in Murray County
george

Pigeon Forge, TN

#17 Jul 24, 2013
The jail is working within the budget and they did not have to hire 11 jailers. They are using the people they have with only a few new jailers. This could have been done by Ensley and he would also have been on budget, but he had too many of his friends and relatives in positions that were useless personnel. The old jail was over crowded and all it would take is one lawsuit to cost this county plenty.
wcso

Dalton, GA

#18 Jul 25, 2013
Yes, Murray has housed inmates from surrounding counties, state etc. And it did make a profit, until the old jail became over crowded with it's own Murray Criminals, which in turn, caused a need for more space. Now Murray Co. Sheriff dept has a chance to make some money, that will lighten the load for the county budget. It is a sound business plan.
mandella

Chatsworth, GA

#19 Jul 25, 2013
wcso wrote:
Yes, Murray has housed inmates from surrounding counties, state etc. And it did make a profit, until the old jail became over crowded with it's own Murray Criminals, which in turn, caused a need for more space. Now Murray Co. Sheriff dept has a chance to make some money, that will lighten the load for the county budget. It is a sound business plan.
It is a pile of bull shit. Taxes will have to be raised. The new Sheriff said it himself. Government doesn't have any idea what a business plan is. They only know how to spend money.
They have never housed enough prisioner to pay one months
power bill. That is the same excuse every county uses to get the SPLOST passed. Dalton doesn't hold prisioners for ICE any longer because the Feds won't pick them up or pay them for keeping them.
300 jail cells in a County of 40,000, that is a disgrace and it is going to cost us a ton of money. If it was so damn great why has it sat empty and unrented for 4 years. Ensley wasn't in charge of finances the County commissioners were.
If my property tax goes up one cent for this crap I will spend every cent I have to get these two goobers out of office.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ranger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cindy Roberts cocaine cowboy (May '15) 7 hr Just Saying 30
Sex toys 12 hr Al Gore 25
What does Blairsville need? Fri B-ville raised 190
When that BK opening Dec 8 BK LOVER 1
Do you hate all Floridiots regardless of their ... Dec 7 Wow u are dumb 56
l can't believe that I am going to college Nov 25 thomas short bus 4
rail road Sep '16 clif booker 1

Ranger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance