Areas To Avoid
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Acworth, GA

#1 Apr 22, 2013
Are there any areas to avoid in Chatsworth? We were thinking about moving there but don't know the best and worst areas. Any advice given will be appreciated. Thank you!
1unhappycamper

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Apr 22, 2013
Are you talking about the City of Chatsworth or the County? So much of Murray County is called Chatsworth.
yes

Dalton, GA

#3 Apr 22, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Are there any areas to avoid in Chatsworth? We were thinking about moving there but don't know the best and worst areas. Any advice given will be appreciated. Thank you!
areas to avoid?..yes,if possible avoid this whole county of Murray.
not joking,not trying to be sarcastic,there are muchmuchmuch better areas to relocate into.
In Chatsworth

Sevierville, TN

#4 Apr 22, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
areas to avoid?..yes,if possible avoid this whole county of Murray.
not joking,not trying to be sarcastic,there are muchmuchmuch better areas to relocate into.
.....says the person from Dalton.
Chatsworth does have it's problems, but there is much, much more of Murray County that can be considered safe than Dalton/Whitfield County. You should feel fairly safe anywhere within the city limits of Chatsworth, Eton or Springplace. The areas I would be most concerned about, if any, would be the extremely rural areas....like 5 miles down a dirt road in a residental neighborhood. But most places like that have been owned by the same families for years and there is little chances houses would come up for sale.
There are many nice subdivisions as well, the best being Moravia. of course, it is the most pricy too, but there is also a nice, fairly new subdivision on Duvall Rd. Farmington is great as well, as is the Indian Trace Subdivision.
The best thing to do is to consult a realtor, many of them have lived here all of their lives and are quite knowledgeable about safe/unsafe locations.
Wondering

Acworth, GA

#5 Apr 22, 2013
Thank you! I really liked it when I was visiting there. It seems like a very nice place to live.
Wondering

Acworth, GA

#6 Apr 22, 2013
I was talking about the city actually but rural would be ok if not too far out.
1unhappycamper

Dalton, GA

#7 Apr 22, 2013
Wondering wrote:
I was talking about the city actually but rural would be ok if not too far out.
There are some nice and not so nice subdivisions in the city limits. The county subdivisions are hit/miss too. The RE agents will paint lovely pictures just to make sales. The reality is that there is no perfect place anywhere. I would avoid some of high traffic areas near the schools. Avoid the Old Federal Road South area of the county. Lots of crime, drugs, and break-ins. The new sheriff is cleaning this drug-infested county up. It will take time. High dollar subdivisions don't necessarily mean high-class people. This is still Murray County. You may want to check with the sheriff department regarding crime. Hope this helps.
Curious

Ellijay, GA

#8 Apr 22, 2013
Not trying to be mean, but why would anyone want to move to this area? That includes all of Northwest Georgia. I hope you are retired, and don't have to work for a living. This area has seen some rough times over the last 5 years. Things were good here in the 80's and 90's , but that is ancient history now.
bashful

Lithonia, GA

#9 Apr 22, 2013
Does anyone know when brett morrison will be back from Afghanistan
BaconBoy

United States

#10 Apr 23, 2013
bashful wrote:
I hope he never does. Keep him there.
corporate

Dalton, GA

#11 Apr 23, 2013
bashful wrote:

When this mess with Bryant Cochran is over. Maybe.
news

Cartersville, GA

#12 Apr 23, 2013
Wondering wrote:
actually, if you have an area you're wanting to move to, you can call your local 911 non emergency line and ask them about the calls they've had in that area to see if they have a lot of crime in that neighborhood. you can also request any reports made at a certain address or area.
Wondering

Acworth, GA

#13 Apr 23, 2013
Thank you all for your honesty.
Please

Chatsworth, GA

#14 Apr 23, 2013
Stay away from the South End of Murray. The Long's live in that area & they are always in trouble with the law.
itsme

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Apr 23, 2013
Long Ave...can't go wrong there.
chat town man

United States

#16 Apr 23, 2013
Hyden Tyler Rd, Beautiful view of mountains, but as you go north, there is nothing but meth heads and meth dealers. Also, nasty, messy Cochrans live north on the road, junky houses and trailers.
umm

Dalton, GA

#17 Apr 24, 2013
Holly Creek rd area..very pretty
Crazyboy

Dalton, GA

#18 Apr 24, 2013
Chatsworth/Murray is like most every city,town,county it has great, good,in the middle and bad. It can be what you make of it. This is a residential area with good people.
Having lived here for almost 40 years we've never had any problems.
lives in plantation acres

Fitzgerald, GA

#19 Apr 24, 2013
stay away from MOUNT CARAMEL ROAD worst area in murray.
Ramhurst

Dawsonville, GA

#20 Apr 24, 2013
Topix would be the last place I would ask advice on if you should move here or not. I have lived in Savannah and Augusta Ga. Bigger towns with higher crime rates. Murray County is rural and is a great place to live. It is the uneducated morons that stay in jail that think that it is so horrible. Truth being though they will never leave this town no matter how much trash they talk. There are good and bad people everywhere you go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ranger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Exit interviews 41 min Tim 9
River Sosebee is gay 2 hr Fair and Balanced 9
Places for rent. 9 hr Make that money b... 11
Why are people so rude amd hateful on this page 11 hr dgd478 75
NGN lied in article 20 hr T Hamby 23
Where's Timmy ? 21 hr MMA FIGHTER 13
ATT cell service or lack thereof Mon thankful 2

Ranger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance