Blue Ridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

How about a special election to cut the school budget by reorganizing the top heavy administration.
chevy

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

uct wrote:
How about a special election to cut the school budget by reorganizing the top heavy administration.
Top heavy? You mean overpaid principals who couldnt manage their way out of a fire and assistant principals to help them cause they are so overworked all of them work only 9 months out of the year

why would we expect more when they are government schools and are wasteful and incompetent we keep spending and spending for schools and they keep dumbing down the kids.
AGREE

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

It's just a penny!

Problem is, after you add in the State pennies, the Federal Pennies, the Property Tax pennies, the credit card service fee Pennies, the banks checking account fee Pennies, the wierd little FCC and other phone bill Pennies, the Splost Penny, the Lost Penny, the Gas Tax Pennies, Regualtory Pennies, Business License Fee Pennies, Car Ad Valorem Tax Pennies, and all the other little Miscellaneous F#%!#% Tax & Fee Pennies....

thats about what is left.... A F#%!#% Penny!

FIGHT HAS TO START SOMEWHERE - ONE PENNY AT A TIME!
AGREE

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Oh yeah, and the bank is taking 6 Pennies on the Dollar in interest just for the privilege of them getting our Pennies in advance, before we've even paid them.
not likely

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Yep wrote:
Happy to see an organization opposes the tax. Afraid it may be too little too late.
Yep, maybe we should mandate, by vote, that all future ELOST votes be taken during the same year(s) that Board of Education seats are voted upon. Of course itemized mandatory audits of the system should be required at least a couple of months prior to the votes.
Also, another item that shouldnít be forgotten.
Along with the 7% you are paying upon everything Ė-- now the credit card companies are allowed to tack on an additional 2-4% of each purchase you make using a credit card (look at the new pricing at Hughes).
So if you pay with a credit card, you are now paying 7%+ 4%= 11%(minimum) on your purchases.
And thatís just for starters, the State, and Obama has many other fees (taxes) coming down the pike.
http://business.time.com/2013/01/25/a-4-surch...
Very Likely

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

not likely wrote:
Yes likely. What do you expect the bought and paid for news media to say? They'll start rolling out these fees ever so slowly until everyone is doing it. Will everyone be doing it next month. Not likely. But within a year or two after the outrage has died down and it is off the publics radar, will it be entrenched as standard procedure? Very Likely.
uct

Blue Ridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Has already started at several local gas stations
Yep

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

chevy wrote:
<quoted text>
Top heavy? You mean overpaid principals who couldnt manage their way out of a fire and assistant principals to help them cause they are so overworked all of them work only 9 months out of the year
why would we expect more when they are government schools and are wasteful and incompetent we keep spending and spending for schools and they keep dumbing down the kids.
But yet you want to arm these incompetents to protect the children?
Yep

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Chaos wrote:
<quoted text>The great and powerful oz has spoken.
You are limited aren't you.(retorical question)
chevy

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>But yet you want to arm these incompetents to protect the children?
absolutely not
Yep

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>But yet you want to arm these incompetents to protect the children?
Imposter not my post.
Yep

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Imposter not my post.
Whatever
yep

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Imposter not my post.
I am a secret liberal.

“Whine-It's all Bush's Fault”

Since: Feb 13

Blairsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Ok, simply for all you imposters, included but not limited to froggy and chaos, I've registered so, for your pleasure, and in your "down time" you may, of course, add me to you play lists of IPs and "IDs".

For the more serious contributors, if Yep- isn't signed in; the post is that of imposters, and not from the pen name I have written under, for a while now, and of which you probably recognize by now.

Thanks to everyone new and old who have been reading my postings and expressing interests in the many issues of importance to us as a community.

Itís a pleasure, for a change to listen to comments of reason lately that many have so eloquently made showing the folly of the few mischief-makers and jerks for what they really are.
boycott

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

uct wrote:
Then don't go there, use your debit card or cash.
GasStations

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

uct wrote:

Please name the stations so we can avoid them.
Savetaxmoney

Blue Ridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

But wrote:
<quoted text>
the school property taxes can go toward other things such as salaries. In the end, it all goes to the school to waste.
On excessively and outrageously high salaries.Same as liemores six figure salary...Totality unnessary because their is individuals willing to do the job for one third as much salary.
Chaos

Demorest, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Yep- wrote:
Ok, simply for all you imposters, included but not limited to froggy and chaos, I've registered so, for your pleasure, and in your "down time" you may, of course, add me to you play lists of IPs and "IDs".
For the more serious contributors, if Yep- isn't signed in; the post is that of imposters, and not from the pen name I have written under, for a while now, and of which you probably recognize by now.
Thanks to everyone new and old who have been reading my postings and expressing interests in the many issues of importance to us as a community.
Itís a pleasure, for a change to listen to comments of reason lately that many have so eloquently made showing the folly of the few mischief-makers and jerks for what they really are.
There are rules on Topix and you have pissed a lot of us off thru your arrogance. Try respecting us and we will respect you.
uct

Hayesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

GasStations wrote:
<quoted text>
Please name the stations so we can avoid them.
Circle k both and Hughes Valero
GasStations

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

uct wrote:
<quoted text> Circle k both and Hughes Valero

Thanks a bunch!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ranger Discussions

Search the Ranger Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 29 min General Robert E Lee 49,863
Yes He Can (NOT) 29 min Dudley 3
your opinion on blairsville methadone clinic (Dec '09) 2 hr Logic 147
eton fleamarket 3 hr pumpkin 1
Would you support/shop @ Starbucks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 3 hr Chainsaw Five 36
h7n9 (May '13) 4 hr ACOG 78
Union County Development Authority 4 hr PTM 11
•••
•••

Ranger News Video

•••
Ranger Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ranger Jobs

•••