Goddard Mom

Teaneck, NJ

#21 Feb 26, 2013
My biggest concern is that nobody seems to be giving a staight consistent story, which makes be think something is being covered up. I received a completely different story from the director of my kid's Goddard than what I'm hearing from Goddard corporate. If there is nothing for us to be concerned about, then why isn't there full disclosure (aside from the offender's name due to him/her being a minor). I agree with prior posts, let's keep each other informed and try to get the media to help out (they always seem to get the answers).
Eric

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#22 Feb 26, 2013
My conversation today with a Randolph High School official stated that the matter was being handled internally within the school. He could not give any details due to privacy laws.

According to Goddard this was a junior at the HS and a captain of the lacrosse team. I am not sure if it was Varsity or JV.

I am also concerned that no media outlet is investigating this.

The HS official also stated when I asked that they did not investigate the validity of the threat and relied on the local authorities to make the determination that it was not serious.

Privacy laws here need to be questioned. The shooters at Columbine also fell under the laws protecting minors. If they were questioned prior to their rampage would the local authorities also have deemed them a hoax?
Concerned Parent

Danielson, CT

#23 Feb 26, 2013
Agreed- There is an air of something being covered up to protect certain individuals v. The ethical and legal responsibility to be transparent to the families and community in general. Maybe contacting Randolph High School or a petition for records release. There needs to be more information to put everyone at ease.
Denville

Danielson, CT

#24 Feb 26, 2013
My other question to the HS is why are students Tweeting while they should be in class .. I did uncover a last name while searching twitter - however I am not sure if this is the individual or is even involved but in a series of tweets regarding the threat -another student asked if anyone knew of anyone with the last name Bradshaw - not sure of this is even helpful or even is the individual .
Goddard Parent

Garfield, NJ

#25 Feb 26, 2013
Concerned Parent wrote:
I received an update today that the individual who made the tweet will be dealt with through the Juvenile Court System. I wish I had more details as to what charge(s) are pending against him.
I also heard the individual's father is a lawyer with a lot of connections and something to the extent he got an injunction against the media getting involved. I don't the validity of the father's role in this issue as of yet, but am certain about the individual being charged in the Juvenile Court System.
There is an article in the Star Ledger. Not much additional information. Not sure how the father would be able to get a TRO/injunction. The only apparent grounds he would have would be that he does not want his son's name in the press. However, juvenile proceedings are sealed.
Eric

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#26 Feb 27, 2013
This is the link to the NJ.com article. It still amazes me that all this information is being covered up. Once a tweet gets sent it is on the public domain for all to see, regardless of it being removed or not.

It doesn't take an adult to decimate anyone. Minors can cause mayhem just as easily and

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2013/02/tw...
Concerned Parent

Budd Lake, NJ

#27 Feb 27, 2013
A saw a small article written on nj.com -http://www.nj.com/morris/inde x.ssf/2013/02/twitter_entry_de emed_not_credi.html
Concerned Parent

Livingston, NJ

#28 Feb 28, 2013
Concerned Parent

Budd Lake, NJ

#29 Feb 28, 2013
The article posted on NJ.com was a pathetic excuse of coverage. Why is this being swept under the rug? To my understanding, the individual's father is an "affluent lawyer who filed and injunction protecting his son" -- seriously? Protecting HIS son?

Who is protecting our children?!

This individual is being charged with a third degree charge under the Juvinille system which really means a slap on the wrist with perhaps some community service. Then when he turns 18 the records will be sealed and this kid who is clearly not mentally "right" will go off to college and potentially pose a much larger threat!

Have we learned NOTHING from the events of just two months ago in CT? I recall the government claiming that ALL instances of threats would be considered criminial and treated as such. If this is Randolph or Goddard Corporate office's way of handling that then I may seriously need to reconsider sending my child to such a daycare.

The upsetting aspect of this (amongst the already long list) is that the owner of our Goddard (Randolph) has done a very good job of informing the parents based on what they actually know. The owners also told me that the Corporate Office has given them very evasive information from minute #1. When the police came to the school when the original threat was seen, they didn't even tell them what they were checking for because the police COULD NOT FIND THE INDIVIDUAL!!!!!!

This is not only ludacris but extremely discerning.

I think that major news outlets should be informed - since the Media is so successful at causing a frenzy, perhaps they can get us all satisfactory answers at the very least.
Goddard Mom

Danielson, CT

#30 Feb 28, 2013
I have been working with Goddard CR pretty much begging them to file a TRO against this child and I have not gotten very far. I received an email from them today ref the article - at this point they are just as guilty as the boys parent !! At the very least a photo of this boy should be shown and signed off on by everyone that works at our local Goddard's - so they are aware of who he is and if they see him they know to be alarmed. I agree this child is mentally disturbed to even think of a comment like that let alone post it on social media - My only advise is to continue to follow up with Goddard CR and just like myself let them know you want more to be done to protect our babies
Concerned Parent

Budd Lake, NJ

#32 Feb 28, 2013
NJ statute 2C:12-3 defines "terroristic threats" as the following:
a. A person is guilty of a crime of the third degree if he threatens to commit any crime of violence with the purpose to terrorize another or to cause evacuation of a building, place of assembly, or facility of public transportation, or otherwise to cause serious public inconvenience, or a reckless disregard of the risk of causing such terror or inconvenience. A violation of this subsection is a crime of the second degree if it occurs during a declared period of national, State or county emergency. It shall not be a defense that the actor did not know that there was a declared period of emergency at the time the crime occurred.
b. A person is guilty of a crime of the third degree if he threatens to kill another with the purpose to put him in imminent fear of death under circumstances reasonably causing the victim to believe the immediacy of the threat and the likelihood that it will be carried out.
Goddard Parent

Morristown, NJ

#33 Feb 28, 2013
I spoke with a Mom who has a child in Randolph HS who says that she knows the kid - he's a little off but she doesn't really think that he would do anything. She wouldn't tell me his name though, which really surprised me - so I asked if the rumor of his Father being a lawyer was true, which she confirmed.

I am PISSED that for whatever BS reason, this kid's Father seems to be deemed more important than the parents of all of the Goddard parents across the State of New Jersey, who received emails saying that there were threats made against their children.

As the parent, I should be the one who decided is a threat is to be taken seriously. I strongly feel that we have the right to know what the tweet said, at the very least. And, a 17 year old should be tried as an adult.
Goddard Mom

Danielson, CT

#34 Feb 28, 2013
Goddard CR released the tweet to me - " when life gives you lemons shoot up g@ddard schools" - how they could label this a hoax - joke - being taken out of context is beyond me - His father should really take a step back and imagine him self receiving that email and then making that phone call to hear that your child's school was threaten in that manor - when your child has issues as he obviously does DEAL with them dont just protect them - just a thought if you are reading these posts and you are this big time attorney maybe if you would have spent more time with your son rather than your career - you wouldn't have to be protecting him right now!!!
Denville Goddard parent

Dumont, NJ

#35 Feb 28, 2013
"a little off but doesn't think he'd do anything"? It's that thinking that's made me so mad. Are the police investigating enough for us to know that for sure? Apparently noone thought Adam Lanza (Newtown CT), Cho Seung-Hui (VT massacre) or Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold (Columbine)would do anything either (or they would've been receiving help) but they did.......

I called Goddard headquarters today as well and got no answers.
Denville Goddard parent

Dumont, NJ

#36 Feb 28, 2013
Goddard Mom wrote:
Goddard CR released the tweet to me - " when life gives you lemons shoot up g@ddard schools" - how they could label this a hoax - joke - being taken out of context is beyond me - His father should really take a step back and imagine him self receiving that email and then making that phone call to hear that your child's school was threaten in that manor - when your child has issues as he obviously does DEAL with them dont just protect them - just a thought if you are reading these posts and you are this big time attorney maybe if you would have spent more time with your son rather than your career - you wouldn't have to be protecting him right now!!!
I have a friend who is a police officer and spoke to a police officer on site at one of the local schools the day this occurred and this was the quote given to him as well.
Goddard parent

Dumont, NJ

#37 Feb 28, 2013
From President Obama's comments after the Newtown shootings:

But the fact that this problem is complex can no longer be an excuse for doing nothing. The fact that we can't prevent every act of violence doesn't mean we can't steadily reduce the violence, and prevent the very worst violence.
Concerned Parent

Budd Lake, NJ

#39 Mar 1, 2013
One thing is clear - this is unacceptable.

What can we do as parents? I personally want to hold the CR Goddard responsible for muddying this down while the Randolph Goddard owners were not even granted the courtesy of details.

Can we as parents, come together to put pressure on the Randolph Police and CR Goddard to actually take this matter seriously?

The fact that this matter was ever referred to as a joke has, in my opinion - a much longer tragedy down the road. This individuals father should be ashamed of himself and this individual needs serious help. Saying "sorry" to the home office isn't showing remorse to us as parents. It's nauseating.
Denville Goddard Mom

Parsippany, NJ

#40 Mar 1, 2013
Agree - its just unacceptable. And I'm not okay with anyone making comments about shooting up a pre-school. Especially if there are people who think that he is "off". NO WAY. He should be tried as an adult and the system can decide if it was a "joke".

Maybe a better way to deal with this is by writing letters to our local government. I wonder if they are aware? Not one of them would want something bad to happen on their watch - especially if they plan on running for office again ....
Goddard Parent

Dover, NJ

#41 Mar 1, 2013
Also, I wonder if any Goddard parents are lawyers who can weigh in here?
Lock Down- Another School

Dover, NJ

#42 Mar 1, 2013
Lock down in North Warren School for past 40 minutes-

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randolph Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mezuzah Campaign: Protect your Home and Your Ho... Aug 31 shell 1
Review: Roxbury Auto Wreckers Aug 21 Jessie 1
Review: Eastern Dental Of Parsippany - Martin S... (Feb '09) Aug 18 tim 12
Citizens group presses Morris freeholders to sa... Aug '14 Luigi 1
John Miller and Sooner Copy Machines Norman, O... (Jan '11) Aug '14 RHD 40
Review: RBM General Contracting May '14 Mary 1
arrest Mar '14 flick 1
•••

Randolph News Video

•••