Driver, 86, hits Randolph girl at pol...

Driver, 86, hits Randolph girl at polling place

There are 2 comments on the Boston Herald story from Feb 7, 2008, titled Driver, 86, hits Randolph girl at polling place. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

“Schools should either be closed all day or at drop-off and pick-up time or they should not be used for voting”

The 8-year-old girl was playing with friends outside the school at 8:40 a.m. when William Geisler, 86, of Randolph allegedly lost control of his vehicle hitting the child while as many as 70 students watched on ... via Boston Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

Brian

Brockton, MA

#1 Feb 7, 2008
My son is a student at the Lyons School and I hope that the girl is going to pull through and be ok our thoughts & prayers are with the family.I just want to say that the Randolph schools should have never had the school open for voting while children are in the school this is ridiculous any pedophile can gain access to our children that are suppose to be safe while in school why would the Lyons school not realize this.My son will never go to school if I know any stranger can come into the school while they are in class thats totally ridiculous.
One more thing why wouldn't the town at least have a police detail there to direct traffic to protect the children from this happening is it
because of there money problems or just nobody cares to think what could happen until something like this happens?? Not to mention why would the school allow vehicles in the rotary when children are coming into school?? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to think about blocking traffic in that circle in front of the school.
I think the Town should be held personally responsible for being so negligent NO POLICE DETAIL,NO TRAFFIC PLAN = tragic consequences to our children.WAKE UP RANDOLPH you should use your town hall to vote don't put our children in jeopardy.

“Making any blog enjoyable!”

Since: Feb 07

Randolph, Massachusetts

#2 Mar 5, 2009
Brian wrote:
My son is a student at the Lyons School and I hope that the girl is going to pull through and be ok our thoughts & prayers are with the family.I just want to say that the Randolph schools should have never had the school open for voting while children are in the school this is ridiculous any pedophile can gain access to our children that are suppose to be safe while in school why would the Lyons school not realize this.My son will never go to school if I know any stranger can come into the school while they are in class thats totally ridiculous.
One more thing why wouldn't the town at least have a police detail there to direct traffic to protect the children from this happening is it
because of there money problems or just nobody cares to think what could happen until something like this happens?? Not to mention why would the school allow vehicles in the rotary when children are coming into school?? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to think about blocking traffic in that circle in front of the school.
I think the Town should be held personally responsible for being so negligent NO POLICE DETAIL,NO TRAFFIC PLAN = tragic consequences to our children.WAKE UP RANDOLPH you should use your town hall to vote don't put our children in jeopardy.
They already have put kids in Jeopardy...think Randolph Community Middle School - even teachers get jumped there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randolph Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review- I Love Kickboxing Randolph (Aug '15) May 26 Jennifer Gonzalez 12
ILKB - Easton/Stoughton May 26 sab5624 5
Shirts Pressed May 16 Pop the Weasel 2
Tom Flaherty May 8 Privacy Rights 1
News Dealing with Public Disapproval when You Have a... May 4 Regina 1
News Customer allegedly threatened clam shop staff o... May 4 Barbara 1
Sex in weymouth (Jun '14) Apr '16 Jackolanternx 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Randolph Mortgages