To become a citizen

Full story: Baltimore Sun
Two years after a soldier raised in Randallstown was killed in Iraq while on an errand to fulfill a bureaucratic requirement to become an American citizen, Maryland lawmakers are still trying to remove such ... Full Story
Lynne

United States

#1 Nov 11, 2007
It is not just those that are out fighting for a country we all call home,
I am waiting for my final swearing in to become a US Citizen, however have encounted issues with the office who can not take fingerprints, can not communcate that there is a problem or give any information to you unless you take a trip to the office to discuss with them.
it has now been 1 year since I submitted paperwork, and have been told it could be another year for the swearing in,
I have pasted all the tests and fingerprints after taking those 3 times because they can not read them, due to errors in the taking of them.
I would dearly love to vote for the next President, but also I want to proundly say I am an Amercian Citizen
Yes the system needs help and needs changes but is anyone listening or ready to make the change!!!
Bobby Hanafin

United States

#2 Nov 11, 2007
I found this article posted on our non-tradtional Veterans Organization website. Coincidentally, I am doing research on this exact issue from various angles. Thank you for posting it. I am a strong advocate for Immigrants serving in our Armed Forces to EARN their U.S. Citizenship. However, research and figures I've received from the same Citizenship and Immigration Service under Homeland Security, complained about here, shows a very troubling trend. In the Peacetime years before America goes to war, at least since WWI, our government has shifted from low Naturalizaton rates during Peacetime then increasingly higher surges during wartime. You can locate (on-line)Table 20: Petitions for Naturalization Filed, Persons Naturalized (to U.S. Citizens), and Petitions for Naturalization Denied: Fiscal Years 1907 to 2006 from the Office of Immigration Statistics, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, Department of Homeland Security that gives a listing of military related Naturalizations going back to 1907. I am passionately against the exploitation of Immigrants to serve in my U.S. Military only during wartime. If preferential treatment is going to be given to foreign born in order to recruit them for WAR, I find nothing wrong with that, but immigrants should receive the same level of attention during Peacetime, and they ARE NOT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randallstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IDT Energy Is this legit or scam? (Jun '13) Dec 17 JOHN RAMIL MAPATAC 99
Man charged with Lochearn murder Nov '14 willjones 1
Pikesville Music Emporium (Oct '12) Nov '14 Musikologist 11
advertising property as a private owner Nov '14 AnneF 1
City man charged in Woodlawn shootings (Jul '07) Nov '14 Mother in law 30
Review: Baltimore Certified Movers Oct '14 Bonny 1
Baltimore Stands with Israel Sep '14 Zioni 80
Randallstown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web