Discrimination in Ruxton

Discrimination in Ruxton

There are 4 comments on the The Baltimore Sun story from Apr 25, 2011, titled Discrimination in Ruxton. In it, The Baltimore Sun reports that:

Our view: Strident opposition to a rehabilitation facility in Ruxton reveals an ugly intolerance toward those receiving mental health care , April 25, 2011 bs-ed-ruxton-20110425 Community meetings don't usually attract the disinterested or curious.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Baltimore Sun.

george barnett

Manteca, CA

#1 Apr 25, 2011
The mentally ill are occasionally dangerous,and are always a pain in the ass.The Liberals who support these facilities in other peoples' neighborhoods would NEVER allow it in their backyard.Might adversely affect property values,you know.
earl

Westminster, MD

#2 May 11, 2011
i dont blame them. i wouldnt want this in my back yard either. i've seen what group homes accomplish and that is next nothing. they are used by families to dump their problem family member on someone and someplace else. the family doesnt visit their mentally ill relative and when the group home decides they dont feel like dealing with one of their clients any more they call the police and try to get them eval'ed....how do they expect the person to act.....they are mentally ill and should not be in a home setting. we need state mental hospitals brought back but managed correctly with respectful and correct care. if you could visit many of the group homes in randallstown/milford mill/woodlawn you will see that they are not much more than a "puppy mill" for the mentally ill. poor care is provided to clients with serious deviant sexual and physical behavior. i dont have all the answers but i know my answer would be dont put that nonsense in my backyard also.
earl

Westminster, MD

#3 May 11, 2011
why is it that you cant argue against anything anymore without DISCRIMINATION being the first thing the other side throws out. maybe the person who wrote this opinion in the Sun should have these mentally ill folks live in there house. im sure the state would be happy to provide some poorly educated, possibly certified care providers to help them care for the people.
Fetus T Bluster

Windermere, FL

#4 May 18, 2011
put these fruitcakes where they belong-spring grove.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randallstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IDT Energy – Is this legit or scam? (Jun '13) Jul 23 Ellen 132
Pikesville Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jun '16 Musikologist 14
smokers are losers (Jan '11) May '16 Dustin Fitz 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) May '16 PFC Jones 19
News Presidential Candidates Making Rounds In Maryland Apr '16 FirstGentleman 2
News Galloway v. Santander Consumer Usa Inc Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News GameStop Robber Sentenced to 9 Years: U.S. Atto... Feb '16 EMMA 2

Randallstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Randallstown Mortgages