Banks in Md, Calif shuttered; 141 fai...

Banks in Md, Calif shuttered; 141 failures in '10

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 5, 2010, titled Banks in Md, Calif shuttered; 141 failures in '10. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Regulators shut down banks in Maryland and California on Friday bringing the 2010 total to 141, topping the 140 shuttered last year and the most in a year since the savings-and-loan crisis two decades ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

bankalchemist

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2010
go back and read all the applications for charter, the business plans and the regulatory reports on these banks and the pattern will be evident as to what the issues were and who is to blame for allowing them to come to market and fail. bankalchemist.
carl

Westminster, MD

#2 Nov 8, 2010
"First Vietnamese American Bank in Westminster, with assets of $48 million"
Really....really....there is a First Vietnamese American Bank. Have they run out of names for banks? I may be wrong but i don't really see a connection with Vietnamese people in Westminster MD, nor do i envision Vietnam as a wealthy country that would establish a bank in America. I'm not sure how banks get their names like this. Maybe someone can inform this poor ignorant farm boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randallstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IDT Energy Is this legit or scam? (Jun '13) 5 hr Spellfira 168
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jan 14 FireFellow44 21
Pikesville Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jan 10 Musikologist 16
News Baltimore County police arrest Backpage bandits (Feb '17) Oct '17 NSG 3
Review: Blue Sky Van Lines (Apr '17) Oct '17 hermanBlanchard 27
News Baltimore County police charge four in shooting... (Apr '17) May '17 Peace Selamta7x 2
News Is Obama's Legacy Among World's Muslims Tarnished? (Jan '17) Feb '17 Rabbeen Al Jihad 95

Randallstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Randallstown Mortgages