Boy, 6, Found With 2 Loaded Handguns At School - News Story - W...

Baltimore County police said a 6-year-old boy has been turned over to his parents after he was caught with two loaded handguns at Randallstown Elementary School. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Columbia, MD

#41 Apr 1, 2008
Anacostia Born wrote:
A B**ch Set him up!
Exactly
Natural Born Skeptic

Washington, DC

#42 Apr 1, 2008
Concerned Parent wrote:
This is appauling and shocking. I hope this boy is not allowed to return to any school. I hope his parents face charges as well. I am so glad that my child does not attend public schools.
To imply that things like this wouldn't happen because your child attends private school is both elitist and naive. it is important for every parent to explain to their children, whether public or private school students, that guns are not to be touched. End of story.

“Ravens SUCK!”

Since: Mar 08

Baltimore, MD

#43 Apr 2, 2008
Thx Michelle. Poor Kid, I'm glad he wont be charged. Now his uncle is another matter.
Michelle wrote:
OK Heres the REAL SCOOP!!
(CNN)-- A 7-year-old first-grader showed up at school Monday with two loaded handguns, Baltimore County, Maryland, police told CNN Tuesday.
One of the guns was discovered about 10:15 a.m. when it fell out of the student's pocket at Randallstown Elementary School, just outside of Baltimore, police said. The teacher immediately took the student to the office and police were called.
After police arrived, they searched the child's locker and found another loaded handgun in a book bag, Baltimore Police Cpl. Mike Hill said.
He said police believe the 7-year-old stayed at an uncle's house in Baltimore over the weekend, and found the guns there. Police believe he thought they were toys, he said.
"We don't believe the child had any idea that he still had the guns or do we believe he had any intentions to use the guns in a harmful way," Hill told CNN in a phone interview. Police believe the child got onto the school bus with both guns in his book bag and later discovered the weapons while he was at school.
Police would not comment on what kind of guns they were.
No charges will be filed against the 7-year-old, Hill said, but the uncle could face charges of child endangerment and leaving guns within reach of a child.
School officials called it a very unusual occurrence and would not comment on the status of the first-grader. Bringing a weapon to school carries a mandatory punishment of expulsion, according to Baltimore County Public Schools policy. E-mail to a friend
JoeDaBeast

Columbus, OH

#44 Apr 2, 2008
Natural Born Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
To imply that things like this wouldn't happen because your child attends private school is both elitist and naive. it is important for every parent to explain to their children, whether public or private school students, that guns are not to be touched. End of story.
Come on Natural Born Skeptic, you KNOW Concerned Parent believes the storyline to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Once you go to a pompous school, then all of your problems are solved. UNTIL THAT ZIT COMES ONE DAY BEFORE THE PROM and the kids decides to shoot up the school. Oops, sorry, just spoiled the next teenage school movie.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#45 Apr 2, 2008
The boy "got the guns from his uncle." So, did good ol' Unk give him the guns, did the kid steal them from a dresser drawer, or what? In any case, I hope that the uncle is charged to the max for either giving guns to the kid or leaving them where a child could gain access to them. Some of the stories are saying the child is 6, some are saying 7. Now maybe I'm a bit naive, but with a kid that age, doesn't the parent/guardian look over the childs' book bag/backpack before he goes to school to make sure he has everything? And if they do, aren't they going to think that maybe, just maybe, having a gun in the bag is a bit odd? Really weird...
JoeDaBeast

Columbus, OH

#46 Apr 2, 2008
Pachacutec wrote:
The boy "got the guns from his uncle." So, did good ol' Unk give him the guns, did the kid steal them from a dresser drawer, or what? In any case, I hope that the uncle is charged to the max for either giving guns to the kid or leaving them where a child could gain access to them. Some of the stories are saying the child is 6, some are saying 7. Now maybe I'm a bit naive, but with a kid that age, doesn't the parent/guardian look over the childs' book bag/backpack before he goes to school to make sure he has everything? And if they do, aren't they going to think that maybe, just maybe, having a gun in the bag is a bit odd? Really weird...
With my daughters, the "bookbag check" is normally done the night before, to ensure homework was done (correctly) and that anything that needs to go back to school are inside. The only reason why the check would get done in the morning is if a snack or lunch was going with them as well. This kid was definatelt not monitored properly.

Since: Mar 08

Alexandria, VA

#47 Apr 2, 2008
LLAA wrote:
Actually it could have very well been given to him by another student or sibling, why do you believe it came from his house. Children are very sneaky at times and I doubt his parents had any knowledge of this.
the story said the boy got the guns from his uncle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randallstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IDT Energy Is this legit or scam? (Jun '13) Sep 16 Zenitram_77 96
Baltimore Stands with Israel Sep 16 Zioni 80
Milford Mill students get a boost before they g... Aug 30 jbzook 2
Fight erupts outside Randallstown High graduation Aug 30 jbzook 2
When Will Our Leaders Stand Up for Israel? Aug '14 lavon affair 1
bike found Aug '14 leeann233 2
2 in Custody After Teen Stabbed Near Randallsto... May '14 carlos 1

Randallstown Jobs

Randallstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE