Boy, 6, Found With 2 Loaded Handguns ...

Boy, 6, Found With 2 Loaded Handguns At School - News Story - W...

There are 47 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Apr 1, 2008, titled Boy, 6, Found With 2 Loaded Handguns At School - News Story - W.... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

Baltimore County police said a 6-year-old boy has been turned over to his parents after he was caught with two loaded handguns at Randallstown Elementary School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

Michelle

New York, NY

#21 Apr 1, 2008
that answers alot.
Natural Born Skeptic

Washington, DC

#22 Apr 1, 2008
Please, PLEASE tell me that the parents and/or guardians are facing charges. There is a specific charge in Maryland for allowing access to a firearm by a minor. Although I would hope that the charges don't just stop there. Negligence, endangerment, etc. are more than appropriate terms to use when someone allows a 6 year old to take those kinds of weapons to a school.
Strawberry

Washington, DC

#23 Apr 1, 2008
PLEASE wrote:
Anyone else think someone in that "Family" is involved in the Drug Trade or some other illegal activity?
I MEAN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BALTIMORE!
Hell Yeah! The triflin ass parents are drug dealers or the sorry ass boyfriend of the mother. I know people that live in B'more and drugs are on every block especially Pennsylvania Ave. OMG! That child could have killed himself or others!!
CL Johnson

Woodbridge, VA

#24 Apr 1, 2008
Why in God's name would a six year old be doing with gun? His parents need to go to jail.
PWC Resident

Upper Marlboro, MD

#25 Apr 1, 2008
What an uncle that poor child has.
And why would the parents drop the kid of at an uncles house over the weekend anyway?
Strange story.
Manassas resident

Baltimore, MD

#26 Apr 1, 2008
How stupid!! The boy was released to his irresponsible parents!! He should be put into protective custody while the parents are investigated!!!!!!!!!!Unbeliev able!!
PWC Resident

Upper Marlboro, MD

#27 Apr 1, 2008
Good God ,have all the elementary kids gone mad?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/15761895/detail....
Hate Ignorance

Silver Spring, MD

#28 Apr 1, 2008
Oh my goodness, how ignorant do YOU sound? I LIVE and GREW UP in Baltimore and I am NOT a drug dealer, neither is anyone in my family. Drugs are NOT on my corner or EVERY corner in Baltimore. No wonder the other countries hate America because we have some IGNORANT SIMPLE people who don't know what to say out of their mouths. And has anyone even looked around some areas of DC lately?

ANYWAY.....

Back to the STORY at hand, it is sad and I do hope that serious charges are brought up against the uncle and this is to show that parents should be very careful about who they allow their children around, even family members.
Strawberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell Yeah! The triflin ass parents are drug dealers or the sorry ass boyfriend of the mother. I know people that live in B'more and drugs are on every block especially Pennsylvania Ave. OMG! That child could have killed himself or others!!
Concerned Parent

Bethpage, NY

#29 Apr 1, 2008
This is appauling and shocking. I hope this boy is not allowed to return to any school. I hope his parents face charges as well. I am so glad that my child does not attend public schools.
Michelle

New York, NY

#30 Apr 1, 2008
OK Heres the REAL SCOOP!!

(CNN)-- A 7-year-old first-grader showed up at school Monday with two loaded handguns, Baltimore County, Maryland, police told CNN Tuesday.

One of the guns was discovered about 10:15 a.m. when it fell out of the student's pocket at Randallstown Elementary School, just outside of Baltimore, police said. The teacher immediately took the student to the office and police were called.

After police arrived, they searched the child's locker and found another loaded handgun in a book bag, Baltimore Police Cpl. Mike Hill said.

He said police believe the 7-year-old stayed at an uncle's house in Baltimore over the weekend, and found the guns there. Police believe he thought they were toys, he said.

"We don't believe the child had any idea that he still had the guns or do we believe he had any intentions to use the guns in a harmful way," Hill told CNN in a phone interview. Police believe the child got onto the school bus with both guns in his book bag and later discovered the weapons while he was at school.

Police would not comment on what kind of guns they were.

No charges will be filed against the 7-year-old, Hill said, but the uncle could face charges of child endangerment and leaving guns within reach of a child.

School officials called it a very unusual occurrence and would not comment on the status of the first-grader. Bringing a weapon to school carries a mandatory punishment of expulsion, according to Baltimore County Public Schools policy. E-mail to a friend
Michelle

New York, NY

#31 Apr 1, 2008
Concerned Parent wrote:
This is appauling and shocking. I hope this boy is not allowed to return to any school. I hope his parents face charges as well. I am so glad that my child does not attend public schools.
Its not the 7 year olds fault-- its the parents and the uncle..Its not too late for the kid- hopefully he' ll be taken away from this mess and raised in a more positive enviroment.
Balti Moron

Apollo Beach, FL

#32 Apr 1, 2008
Hate Ignorance wrote:
Oh my goodness, how ignorant do YOU sound? I LIVE and GREW UP in Baltimore and I am NOT a drug dealer. Drugs are on EVERY corner in Baltimore. And has anyone even looked around some areas of DC lately?
<quoted text>
PG County is the next BALTIMORE.. Drug deals, drive by murders, corrupt politicans. What do you expect from "Charm City"
Debbie

Beaumont, CA

#33 Apr 1, 2008
This is bad, real bad. At least the gun fell out of his pocket and the other was found prior to shots being fired. This child should be expelled from school and whoever this kid got the guns from should be in jail.
Corey

United States

#34 Apr 1, 2008
Thank you for the real story. Way more detailed than NBC 4. While this is still one of the worst things ever, you can understand and cannot automatically blame the parents. It is just a shame that parents, uncles, family nowadays are so wreckless. If I have a gun in the house, I will be checking for that gun before and after that child stays with me. If I even have to have a gun in the house. This is so outraegous that you really cannot put it into words.
RLD

Hagerstown, MD

#35 Apr 1, 2008
Problems starts at home with the parents. How can a teacher teach any child with out the backing of the parents. Teachers are faced with to many distractions. thus taking away their ability to teach kids that want to learn. As a result every Child will suffer. What would you do when you tell a child to have a seat and in return he tells you to mind your own business and then procedes to curse at you or maybe ( pull out a gun). What happens next? The child goes home and tells his parents that he is being herassed. The parent then calls the principal, or Lawyer and proceeds to criticize the school. The teachers in return develope attitudes I don't care anymore. This problem did not just start. We are now just seeing the repercussion from years past as the children get older. Not all teachers are professional, however most are. These problems occur in both Urban and Rural areas and are not new but every one seems to point the finger in the wrong direction. You can't point the finger at the criminal Justice system because they are just trying to clean up what the parents failed to do. we are at fault in the first place for not raising our children correctly. A good child can very easy be manipulated by their peers. You have to get that Child away from influencial peers immediatly.When they get older you will not be able to control their behavior. Do not blame it on poor neighborhoods. Blame it on who they hang around with or who influences them. Yes I know your going to ask how do I get away from bad influences. There is no other choice but to find an area that has less crime but you will have to do this when your child is very young. I am not a teacher however I am 51 years old and know that I was raised to respect. This is the problem today, they do not respect others.
Where did it come from? THE PARENTS""" """"" ""
Papasanden

United States

#36 Apr 1, 2008
Since when do 7 year olds get assigned lockers in school? There should be no "may be charged" for the uncle. He should be put away or better yet, made to serve two years under supervision in a day care center.
Papasanden

United States

#37 Apr 1, 2008
Concerned Parent wrote:
Well that's quite an elitist answer. I'm sure that if we all sent our children to private schools we wouldn't be having this problem. The problems we'd be facing is children committing suicide. With regards to the seven year old, we should just go ahead and send him straight to jail since he's going to end up in prison anyway having received public education.
Papasanden

United States

#38 Apr 1, 2008
Papasanden wrote:
Since when do 7 year olds get assigned lockers in school? There should be no "may be charged" for the uncle. He should be put away or better yet, made to serve two years under supervision in a day care center.
I agree completely. The first teachers of a child are the parents. They are responsible for the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of a child. Not the teachers.
Manassas resident

Baltimore, MD

#39 Apr 1, 2008
Concerned Parent wrote:
He's in 1st grade for goodness sakes! He didn't know any better, he should be allowed to return to school. blame the adult he was last with and hopefully his parents will not let him alone with his uncle ever again.
Anacostia Born

West Monroe, LA

#40 Apr 1, 2008
A B**ch Set him up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randallstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IDT Energy Is this legit or scam? (Jun '13) Jan 15 laurieanna 167
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jan 14 FireFellow44 21
Pikesville Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jan 10 Musikologist 16
News Baltimore County police arrest Backpage bandits (Feb '17) Oct '17 NSG 3
Review: Blue Sky Van Lines (Apr '17) Oct '17 hermanBlanchard 27
News Baltimore County police charge four in shooting... (Apr '17) May '17 Peace Selamta7x 2
News Is Obama's Legacy Among World's Muslims Tarnished? (Jan '17) Feb '17 Rabbeen Al Jihad 95

Randallstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Randallstown Mortgages