Boy, 6, Found With 2 Loaded Handguns At School - News Story - W...

Baltimore County police said a 6-year-old boy has been turned over to his parents after he was caught with two loaded handguns at Randallstown Elementary School. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
John

Silver Spring, MD

#1 Apr 1, 2008
OK, I'll be the first to bite ... Where and how did a 6 year old get two loaded hand guns?
Debra

United States

#2 Apr 1, 2008
This is so pathetic!! Where in the world are his parents? They are the ones who should be thrown underneath the jail for this 6 year old's behavior. I am appalled! Someone could have gotten seriously injured or even killed because of this foolishness!! God help us!!!
YosemiteSam

United States

#3 Apr 1, 2008
This has to me a mis-print, they do mean 16 years old right? I can't even begin to wrap my mind around a 6 year old with loaded guns.
JoeDaBeast

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 1, 2008
I would have to look at the parents or whomever the guardians were that were watching him the night prior and that same morning. Could of been an older sibling that brought it for "protection" from a bully and did not want the parents to find it, so hid it with their younger sibling. I am just waiting for the whole, "I bet the parents are on welfare" or "I know that they are illegal" or even "Where was the mother, buying crack" let the stories begin!!
Winston Smith

Washington, DC

#5 Apr 1, 2008
Clearly, better parental supervision is called for.

If you don't know what your 6-year-old is doing, at least know where your guns are.
NMS

Washington, DC

#6 Apr 1, 2008
What is the world and socitey going to do?? And the better question is where was this childs parents and why didn't they know that this child had not one but two loaded handguns. This is really sad, this child needs to be in the cutody of someone that will take care of him and not expose he to the ills of society!!
Kev

Washington, DC

#7 Apr 1, 2008
I'll bet is was extremely negligent parent(s). I'm just glad the ordeal didn't turn out any worse than it did.
KQuiana

Chandler, AZ

#8 Apr 1, 2008
I am appauled by the situation also. I am actually a parent of one of the classmates of this child.I am very concerned with why it is that the child was returned to the parents. How in the world is a 7 year old able to get a hold of a Gun ?? There is no way the child should be able to walk out of the house with not one but two hand guns. I thank God that the teacher is the way that she is and was able to see that something wasn't right. I wanted so bad to keep my child home but then you can't allow them to see the fear in you.
I will continue to pray and aks God to watch over all babies and fools.
PLEASE

Washington, DC

#9 Apr 1, 2008
Anyone else think someone in that "Family" is involved in the Drug Trade or some other illegal activity?

I MEAN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BALTIMORE!
LLAA

Denver, CO

#10 Apr 1, 2008
Actually it could have very well been given to him by another student or sibling, why do you believe it came from his house. Children are very sneaky at times and I doubt his parents had any knowledge of this.
Sandy

Washington, DC

#11 Apr 1, 2008
WHERE ARE THESE PARENTS/PARENT? These children raise themselves and the cycle continues.
oh well

College Park, MD

#12 Apr 1, 2008
2 MANY DAMN RAP VIDEOS. Kids wanting to play with guns and shoot people. DAMN RAPPERS and we aren't even going to start to talk about the parents.
Mike Priorities

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Apr 1, 2008
I can guarantee you that the murder rate in any American city INCREASED with the INCREASE of guns on the streets.

By the way...we still allow gun manufacturing here in America?????

Who really cares...."its not our children" (typical American response)
JAH

Chester, VA

#14 Apr 1, 2008
This doesn't make any sense at all.
JAH

Chester, VA

#15 Apr 1, 2008
Not sure if you can say videos in this case, you must find out why he took a gun to school, is someone bothering him or did he do this to show off.
Concerned

Fairfax, VA

#16 Apr 1, 2008
WHAT is going on with our children these days....or should I really should say the parents???

I don't care where you live, NO child should be able to get their hands on ANY type of deadly weapon.
Wendy

Washington, DC

#17 Apr 1, 2008
For Real where are the parents/parent/guardian??? 6 Years old wow I'm shocked. And for real why was he let back with the parents??????? There should be some sort of investigation into this by social services.
LLAA

Denver, CO

#18 Apr 1, 2008
CNN.com has more/better information about this case

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/01/school.gu...
Michelle

New York, NY

#19 Apr 1, 2008
oh well wrote:
2 MANY DAMN RAP VIDEOS. Kids wanting to play with guns and shoot people. DAMN RAPPERS and we aren't even going to start to talk about the parents.
Rap has nothing to do with a childs up bringing. Parents need to start raising there children and teenagers- teach them right from wrong (connect everyday) Or Dont have children. If it is a 6 year old child the parents are to blame! The question is why would you turn the child back to the parents-Where did the child get the guns from? More Details please!
Michelle

New York, NY

#20 Apr 1, 2008
OK Heres the REAL SCOOP!!

(CNN)-- A 7-year-old first-grader showed up at school Monday with two loaded handguns, Baltimore County, Maryland, police told CNN Tuesday.

One of the guns was discovered about 10:15 a.m. when it fell out of the student's pocket at Randallstown Elementary School, just outside of Baltimore, police said. The teacher immediately took the student to the office and police were called.

After police arrived, they searched the child's locker and found another loaded handgun in a book bag, Baltimore Police Cpl. Mike Hill said.

He said police believe the 7-year-old stayed at an uncle's house in Baltimore over the weekend, and found the guns there. Police believe he thought they were toys, he said.

"We don't believe the child had any idea that he still had the guns or do we believe he had any intentions to use the guns in a harmful way," Hill told CNN in a phone interview. Police believe the child got onto the school bus with both guns in his book bag and later discovered the weapons while he was at school.

Police would not comment on what kind of guns they were.

No charges will be filed against the 7-year-old, Hill said, but the uncle could face charges of child endangerment and leaving guns within reach of a child.

School officials called it a very unusual occurrence and would not comment on the status of the first-grader. Bringing a weapon to school carries a mandatory punishment of expulsion, according to Baltimore County Public Schools policy. E-mail to a friend

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randallstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IDT Energy Is this legit or scam? (Jun '13) Sep 16 Zenitram_77 96
Baltimore Stands with Israel Sep 16 Zioni 80
Milford Mill students get a boost before they g... Aug 30 jbzook 2
Fight erupts outside Randallstown High graduation Aug 30 jbzook 2
When Will Our Leaders Stand Up for Israel? Aug 26 lavon affair 1
bike found Aug 26 leeann233 2
2 in Custody After Teen Stabbed Near Randallsto... May '14 carlos 1
•••
•••
•••