Letters to the Editor -

Letters to the Editor -

There are 2 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jul 19, 2007, titled Letters to the Editor -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Reform regressive state income tax When George F. Harrison says the sales tax is "arguably Maryland's most regressive tax" , I interpret this to mean that I'm allowed to argue about the adjective "most." I ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Grant

College Park, MD

#1 Jul 19, 2007
This format is terrible. How about setting off the headlines of each letter so I can tell when one ends and another begins?

This is what bothers me most about website format changes. The old format was fine, and then they bring in this new one and it hasn't even been fully thought through.

This probably isn't the right placce to put this, but I couldn't find a place for feedback on the changes (an essential part of any redesign)
Wikll Grossi

United States

#2 Jul 22, 2007
Let California be an example. Our price per gallon of gas includes a sales tax (8.85%), as well as state and federal taxes, or about 63 cents per gallon. Sacramento is awash in gasoline sales taxes, yet our streets and highways are neglected! You can guess what the politicans do with this income! So, fight increases in any sales tax scheme. Once in place, they never decrease. Also, tolls on the SF Bay and Golden Gate Bridges were once 25 cents and were to be removed when the construction costs were paid.'Today, tolls are $4 and $5 respectively, and scheduled to rise again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randallstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IDT Energy Is this legit or scam? (Jun '13) May 22 mss 107
News Help Wide Angle Youth Media of Pikesville Paint... May 15 Avery 1
News Developer hopes to bring stores to riot-damaged... May 5 Chasity 1
News Commercial real estate boom reaches Baltimore May 4 Muhamad 5
News Continue Reading... May 3 Overcomer 1
Pikesville Music Emporium (Oct '12) Apr '15 Musikologist 12
News Residents oppose the location of Dundalk methad... (Nov '06) Mar '15 dan 26
More from around the web

Randallstown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]