Mexicali hotel a haven for deported migrants

Full story: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Mario Ramos, 42, poses in the pantry that he oversees as chief cook at the hotel in Mexicali, Mexico.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Amazing

Montebello, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Simply amazing.
Concerned

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

This is what the greedy companies of America created. Look at Wal-Mart and Home Depot with isles of merchandise written in Spanish and English. This is sending a message that Mexicans are welcome.

The problem is that even Americans loose they jobs and many are out of work and are loosing their homes. So if it is happening to Americans that helped to build America and were born here, then why can it not happen to Mexican people also.

That is life. But where should the allegiance go to first. American citizens or illegal foreigners no matter where they are from.

Free rides do not last forever, and even Americans loose their unemployment money after a time.

You have to feel sorry for everyone involved, but this is not surprising to me as to many people came to take advantage of the system. As another article says, many of the deported are going to Tijuana and other areas are being deported because they are criminals. What would anyone think should happen to them. They just did not wear out their welcome, they earned an early trip home. Just as I would here in Mexico if I committed crimes.

Over all there are many sad stories for Mexicans, Americans and people all around the world. Greedy companies created the current world crisis, and many people tried to take advantage of it and it bit them in the but also. Mexican people say the growth happen in the USA and they did the same. But things have changed for everyone.

If you do not feel sorry for them you have no heart. But sadder things are happening all over the world. America and other more successful countries cannot be the dumping grounds for every other countries poor, failures and criminals.

I try to help the poor here in Mexico when possible but I can only do so much. When somebody sees me give a handout I am sometimes flooded with people asking for money. The problem is there is a limit as to what I can do. This is also true for America.

You do realize when you look at the poorer countries problems, most of it is blamed on education. The more educated people here in Mexico just as in the USA make the most money and fair the best. Mexico has an average adult 4th grade education as written in all the media here. Mexico even states that they need to work on education and that is a big problem. But there are many others that are quite obvious also.
Concerned

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

You must realize. They came to the USA poor and they left poor. If it was all that good for them in the USA you would have thought they could have saved up a few thousand dollars to prepare for this day. These are the people that were costing the citizens of the USA a lot of money. But making the big corporations and business money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rancho Santa Margarita Discussions

Search the Rancho Santa Margarita Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 36 min Anyways 200,323
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 37 min Ocean 7,835
Sex charges against 'Purpose Driven' Pastor McF... (Dec '12) 19 hr EAGLE 444
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Tue Ronald 2,251
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Racjei 4,885
On the road alone in L.A. (Jun '07) Jul 16 Human at Earth 129
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
•••
•••

Rancho Santa Margarita News Video

•••
•••

Rancho Santa Margarita Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rancho Santa Margarita People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE