Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,420)

Showing posts 188,381 - 188,400 of199,114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Melanie

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>It was nice talking to you. Have a good night, Dan. Take care.
:)
Melanie

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Wow,
People were actually nice to each other
tonight.... Bravo boys!!!!

Since: Jul 13

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I had trouble searching for it too... I'm sure he won't mind me providing the address of his public blog. http://watchmann.blogspot.com/
PM'ed you.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
I have found Kimare...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
LOVED it. Thanks for posting this!

Since: Jul 13

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Melanie wrote:
Wow,
People were actually nice to each other
tonight.... Bravo boys!!!!
In the midst of chaos, there are always good people.:)
A lot of hostility too. Fun night fun night.
Melanie

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>In the midst of chaos, there are always good people.:)
A lot of hostility too. Fun night fun night.
I agree wholeheartedly......Live and let
live....I laughed a lot tonight myself!
Some of these people are hilarious :)
Melanie

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Whoever is trying to send me a PM,
It won't let me retrieve it.....

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Melanie wrote:
Whoever is trying to send me a PM,
It won't let me retrieve it.....
Perhaps that's because you are not a registered user, so there is no way to send you a PM. Please... LOL
Melanie

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps that's because you are not a registered user, so there is no way to send you a PM. Please... LOL
no shit Sherlock...
I'm having a problem with my account!
What do you care...? Lol at you
Melanie

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Melanie wrote:
<quoted text>no shit Sherlock...
Had to change my whole profile.....

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Melanie wrote:
<quoted text> no shit Sherlock...
No need to be rude, dear. Just chill out and it will turn out alright. Have a nice evening.
Melanie

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>No need to be rude, dear. Just chill out and it will turn out alright. Have a nice evening.
You were rude first....You thought it was funny....Just Sayin.... Not that important of who messaged me from here. You
Have a great night as well

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Melanie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha,what a load of crap.If that is true,
Get your three nipples rings,some crotchless panties and join a Carnival!
Thanks for supporting my outing. I'm overwhelmed by the support and compassion!

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, veryvermilion. I have seen his track record and noticed he is on homosexual topics frequently.
Although I do not agree with him on many aspects, its more efficacious to discuss points with someone rather than to flame them. I just want to understand why he feels so strongly about this, because I did notice he is on a lot of these threads.
I personally do believe that homosexuality is natural as seen in the animal kingdom. I agree with you on your views of homosexuality for the most part.
I like to play devils advocate to facilitate good discussions as I like to study the art of persuasion and debate. There is something called the backfire effect in psychology/persuasion. Feeling so strongly about a subject will only reinforce kimare's beliefs. Knowing this, I am not trying to convince him. I just want to understand his reasoning for this.
But on the note of young gays in the closet, I think that is horrible. I feel that we should be more accepting to the prospect of homosexuality. It's ruining young lives.
Ah, debate without integrity...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
I am fully cognizant of the impact of broken homes. I was questioning the ss couples with question. How about if they can provide a loving and nurturing environment for a child like a regular marriage? Where they are raised is probably big too. I mean, San Francisco may be more accepting than say Wichita Kansas.
1. While the Regnerus study (the latest, largest, and most scientific study to date) is castigated, lesbian family studies are lauded, even though their methods are knowingly unscientific and deliberately deceptive.

2 Interestingly, there are NO studies of gay couples with children. Hence Regnerus' problem in finding stable long term ss couples...

3. You cannot reasonable disconnect heterosexual family studies from homosexual. Especially when default homosexual studies not only claim equality with birth families, but even BETTER outcomes for children! And you were going to give them a break for location...

4. A deficit of one gender, even in a loving home, cannot help but still create a negative consequence. This still ignores the statistical impact of a default family.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You called it a "logical response". I didn't make those words up, Kim. They're directly from your blog.
And the context of the scripture you use has nothing to do with "a human response to being abused in the most intimate relationship possible."
First off, being the child of a same-sex couple is not "being abused in the most intimate relationship possible." That's a bunch of horseshit and you know it.
Secondly, the text indicates the wickedness of children turning on their parents; brothers turning on brothers. It has nothing at all to do with abuse.
You use scripture--the very words that you claim we should all follow--in a deceitful manner. You twisted this verse to make a point that it was never intended to make.
If you had any decency, you would remove the blog. But I won't hold my breath. You've rarely shown decency.
I call you on a lie, and you ignore it and spew another lie.

I didn't misuse scripture as you asserted, I quoted a passage about the end times. And I postulated about how such a unnatural event could occur in the context of our culture.

When we barbarically mangle marriage and motherhood at the expense of children, and now seek to diminish and downgrade the bonds between mother and father and child so ss couples can 'equate', is it not logical that children will respond at the diminished level society sets? And that an assault on that most basic relationship will affect every single other relationship???

As I have stated from the beginning. You cannot make a fundamental change in a natural relationship without monumental impacts. Your claim that there are no negative is simply a diabolical lie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's look at it this way... Homosexuals are raising a lot of children. The figures range from 6 million to 14 million children being raised by gay people.
The vast majority of these children come from the foster care system or through other adoption programs. LGBT parents are put through a thorough screening--very likely a more thorough screening than heterosexual parent.
And as is the case with any adopted child, these children are truly wanted by the person or people adopting them.
So, I think that it's safe to assume that children who are raised by same-sex parents or a gay parent has about the same chance of having a good childhood and will be as successful in life as any other child.
Now, Kimare is going to throw a study in here that indicates lesbian parents are the worst parents a child can have. But what he will fail to mention is that the children of LGBT couples can have outcomes as adults that have nothing to do with the skills or gender makeup of their parents.
For example, if a child is taken from a broken home and spends years in a foster home before being adopted, this will have an impact on their behaviors. No matter how good a parent's skills, a child's background prior to adoption can and does have a lifelong impact.
But Kimare's study doesn't take this into account. And he also won't tell you that the study he likes to utilize against same-sex parents was funded by a conservative think-tank. And it was timed to be released before the Supreme Court heard arguments and made their decision on same-sex marriage.
The bottom line is that gay parents have the same skills to raise kids as straight parents. They do the best they can do to raise a child to independence and maturity.
If there were significant problems with kids raised by LGBT parents, then courts and social service agencies would have stopped the practice long ago. And we would see widespread problems that could be directly linked to same-sex parents. There would be multiple studies indicating that gay parents do not possess the skills needed to raise children. These studies do not exist.
Where there is no smoke, there is no fire.
1. Read the first sentence from Dan's first site listed;

http://www.aamft.org/imis15/content/consumer_...

Now equate that to your numbers.

2. I have posted studies of lesbian families and the rare instance where there methods are posted. I have also posted a study of those studies that expose the unscientific methods and deception used. That in addition to the fact that the studies are conducted by biased sources. The same criticism you level against Regnerus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

douchebaggery wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan posted several links that showed gays are good parents. Considering that homosexuals have to adopt, they must really want and be ready for a child before doing so. Conversely, we have straight couples that accidentally get children. In such a case, homosexuals will probably raise the better child. QED. Good stuff, guys.
Good point.

That should make a statistical study of all types of default families with birth families slanted in favor of ss couples, right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There's one element, one connection that can only be provided by one's own mother and father, biological, all other factors being equal. We are all products of a man and a woman.
And hence the point that King Solomon honed in on in I Kings 3, deciding between the real mother of a child.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2013

Judged:

Oh the adage that blood is thicker than water.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 188,381 - 188,400 of199,114
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rancho Palos Verdes Discussions

Search the Rancho Palos Verdes Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Pack coal in deep 7,328
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr Hole 15,676
SOUTH BAY HISTORY: Fletcher Oil Fire in Carson (Jul '10) 4 hr anthony rock 7
Hermosa Beach California Parking Ticket Scams (Oct '10) Tue Stacey 7
Elin Vanderlip dies at 90 at her Rancho Palos V... (Jul '09) Apr 19 Just Saying 84
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Apr 19 Drafty 4,559
Gardena police officer gives emotional testimon... (Aug '10) Apr 16 Eric hyde 19
•••
•••

Rancho Palos Verdes News Video

•••
•••

Rancho Palos Verdes Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rancho Palos Verdes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••