Guest commentary

Full story: Lake County Record-Bee

On the evening of Dec. 20, Clearlake Mayor-elect Joyce Overton presided over a town hall meeting that was lively and well-attended, but dominated by misunderstandings and mistaken premises.
Comments
21 - 35 of 35 Comments Last updated Jan 3, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Philip Murphy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Grady wrote:
<quoted text>
Joyce has not been right since she has been on the Council. She is always a train wreck. She is a contineous liar, always back peddeling when she realizes she screwed up. She will never be more than a "want-to-be". The city pays more for her health insurance than anyone else. Now here tell that those that campaigned against the Council receiving health insurance have now signed up themselves for the health insurance. I guess campaign promises mean nothing.
actually, Joyce has never been a beacon of clarity or a pillar of stability, she is however now the mayor and the target of a lot of pressure from people who are either just out for themselves or want to undo the last election, and just so we're clear on this I mean the cops and people who were pining for lowes to come to town.
Joyce will continue to be a train wreck but that doesn't mean she has to be the one dragging progress to a halt, everybody in that town needs to focus a lot more on the problems and a lot less on the personalities, accountability is one thing and nitpicking is another.
Cloudy Days Are Ahead

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Phil, If you think Victoria is so great then why don't you send her to the City of Clearlake. After all they do need a City Administrator. That way she could show the citizens of Clearlake how goverment should work. Just think she could still live in Lowerlake.
That will be the day

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

Lowell if you want to pay more taxes go ahead, it is not against the law, I am sure the powers to be would gladly waste it on some pet project. I for one pay way more than my share while I see the unemployed collecting unemployment checks and working for cash, the welfare cheats wanting cash, and the bums on Social security complaining about the $800 a month they get because they didn't pay into the system most of their lives. If you don't pay property taxes you should not be allow to vote on how the property tax money is spend, the same goes for income tax, why should people who don't pay income tax be able to vote on laws concerning those who pay taxes, why don't we just hand our wallets over to the non productive people in our society. Go sit in front of any coffee shop and see who the people are that are telling us how to spend our money.
Lowell you are basically the biggest crook of crap.
Victoria is crap

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Judged:

Victoria Brandon is nothing but an anti growth leach.
The Sierra Club members are leaches
Victoria should go back to the town she came from and get out of Lake County. Take the magot attorneys with you.

And no Hilary and Bill Clinton are much smarter than Victoria will ever be. At least Bill and Hilary know when to compromise and stop filing suits.

Even if Lowes created 5 new jobs that is better than the no jobs the Sierra Club or Victoria Brandon ever created. Just look at the waste of $10K spent on water bottles in the oaks to grow tules. Take that idiot Denise Rushing with you. Go make trouble somewhere else.
Philip Murphy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Victoria is crap wrote:
Victoria Brandon is nothing but an anti growth leach.
The Sierra Club members are leaches
Victoria should go back to the town she came from and get out of Lake County. Take the magot attorneys with you.
And no Hilary and Bill Clinton are much smarter than Victoria will ever be. At least Bill and Hilary know when to compromise and stop filing suits.
Even if Lowes created 5 new jobs that is better than the no jobs the Sierra Club or Victoria Brandon ever created. Just look at the waste of $10K spent on water bottles in the oaks to grow tules. Take that idiot Denise Rushing with you. Go make trouble somewhere else.
yes, Victoria is such a lame-o, that's why the state of California offered her the job of chairperson of the state invasive species program last year, she would be running a huge, multi-million dollar a year program but she turned them down (and took a pass on a six figure salary), to stay HERE and help Lake County for free instead.
I believe that Kelly Cox will do everything possible to help the city of Clearlake now that most of the obstructions to progress are gone, there will also be a improved attitude at the BOS on dealings with the city now that they aren't trying to stab the rest of us in the back.

Now here's some advice for you: crawl into a ditch and stay there, because if I ever find your cowardly behind it will be thrashed beyond recognition-got that you gutless slug?
Philip Murphy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Cloudy Days Are Ahead wrote:
Phil, If you think Victoria is so great then why don't you send her to the City of Clearlake. After all they do need a City Administrator. That way she could show the citizens of Clearlake how goverment should work. Just think she could still live in Lowerlake.
help for the city will be coming from all directions in Lake County, now that they aren't trying to stab the rest of us in the back. There will be a whole different attitude at the BOS and things are going to change for the better, it isn't in the bag yet but at least all things key elements are there at the same time for once so we have to make the most of the opportunity as it may not come along again for some time.
Resident

Clearlake Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Philip Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, Victoria is such a lame-o, that's why the state of California offered her the job of chairperson of the state invasive species program last year, she would be running a huge, multi-million dollar a year program but she turned them down (and took a pass on a six figure salary), to stay HERE and help Lake County for free instead.
I believe that Kelly Cox will do everything possible to help the city of Clearlake now that most of the obstructions to progress are gone, there will also be a improved attitude at the BOS on dealings with the city now that they aren't trying to stab the rest of us in the back.
Now here's some advice for you: crawl into a ditch and stay there, because if I ever find your cowardly behind it will be thrashed beyond recognition-got that you gutless slug?
my goodness. Starting out the new year with threats of violence, heh?
The rant from that guy was rude, but on point.
Now here's some advice for you;
We don't want you here in Clearlake, so butt out.
pot head

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Jim T Hole wrote:
You better stick to your rocking chair, you senile wind bag.
The bar took away your license to practice law?
What is a 311.11(a)?
Ddd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Philip Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeeze there is one born every minute. She gave up a 6 figure GOVERNMENT salary to work in Cesspool California for free? More like she wouldn't survive the public scrutiny when she was GIVEN the job. How would you get credibility for a job like that??? Base your accomplishments on how many businesses and peoples lives you ruin, in the name of...well...a slug?
Philip Murphy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Ddd wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeeze there is one born every minute. She gave up a 6 figure GOVERNMENT salary to work in Cesspool California for free? More like she wouldn't survive the public scrutiny when she was GIVEN the job. How would you get credibility for a job like that??? Base your accomplishments on how many businesses and peoples lives you ruin, in the name of...well...a slug?
it's a civil service post dummy, not a political appointment so there wouldn't be any public review. She already is the head of the Sierra Club's california state invasive species program, you couldn't find anyone in the public sector who knows more about the subject than her and she has an extensive background in dealing with government agencies so it's VERY doubtful they could have found anyone more qualified for the job-that's why she was offered the position.
She was also chosen "woman of the year" by our state senator in 2009 for her outstanding work getting the wilderness area and wild and scenic areas passed here, and knowing Barbara Boxer and Mike Thompson personally doesn't hurt either.

nobody's life or job has been "ruined" by her, dale ruined his own little world and no one will miss his weasel face anyway. If you don't care about the environment and local businesses then head for santa rosa where they don't notice your kind so much!
Huh

Clearlake Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Yes, the SC and Victoria have a definite "in" with all of the political mucky mucks.
How's it working for us?

20% unemployment in Lake County.(on the books)
15% unemployment statewide (on the books).

quite an impressive resume.
Philip Murphy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Huh wrote:
Yes, the SC and Victoria have a definite "in" with all of the political mucky mucks.
How's it working for us?
20% unemployment in Lake County.(on the books)
15% unemployment statewide (on the books).
quite an impressive resume.
yes, I can see that's all Victoria's fault as she was behind the effort to keep the derivatives market from being regulated properly AND for the unbridled greed and stupidity of the mortgage lenders and insurance industries!
I heard she's also responsible for the slow bass fishing this season and a number of earthquakes as well-but I heard that from one of the sore losers over in Clearlake so that might not be right!
Huh

Clearlake Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Philip Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, I can see that's all Victoria's fault as she was behind the effort to keep the derivatives market from being regulated properly AND for the unbridled greed and stupidity of the mortgage lenders and insurance industries!
I heard she's also responsible for the slow bass fishing this season and a number of earthquakes as well-but I heard that from one of the sore losers over in Clearlake so that might not be right!
No dummy, the derivitive problem was a direct result of the repeal of Glass-Steagall signed into law by President Clinton in 1999.
I didn't realize that Victor/victoria was owning so many problems. It's about time the SC owned up to something.
Philip Murphy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
No dummy, the derivitive problem was a direct result of the repeal of Glass-Steagall signed into law by President Clinton in 1999.
I didn't realize that Victor/victoria was owning so many problems. It's about time the SC owned up to something.
hmm, I seem to remember that GS was authored by a republican senator who went to work for the banking industry after he left office and who unlike Clinton has never said it was a mistake. I kind of think it didn't help to have a republican chairman of the fed who was asleep at the wheel while things turned south, and that virtually the entire derivatives market evolved during the bush administration who did NOTHING to oversee it.
Plenty of blame for both parties to share on that mess, and obama has proven he's learned nothing from the experience.
Huh

Clearlake Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2011

Philip Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
hmm, I seem to remember that GS was authored by a republican senator who went to work for the banking industry after he left office and who unlike Clinton has never said it was a mistake. I kind of think it didn't help to have a republican chairman of the fed who was asleep at the wheel while things turned south, and that virtually the entire derivatives market evolved during the bush administration who did NOTHING to oversee it.
Plenty of blame for both parties to share on that mess, and obama has proven he's learned nothing from the experience.
Clinton signed the repeal of Glass Steagall into law. Own it.

And soon, victor/victoria will need to own part of the poverty and unemployment in Lake County. The sierra club is anti growth, and no growth means no jobs. Own it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rancho Mirage Discussions

Search the Rancho Mirage Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Right Direction 200,361
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr SS stuff again 4,896
desert hot springs, ca. unkept yards 10 hr Rayan 4
Body Found in Indio Identified as Dr. Marshall ... (Sep '07) 20 hr Angel 18
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 21 hr Nose Jobs 641
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
•••

Excessive Heat Warning for Riverside County was issued at July 30 at 12:00PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Rancho Mirage Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rancho Mirage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••