Bellflower pastor charged with felony bigamy

There are 20 comments on the Apr 8, 2010, Long Beach Press-Telegram story titled Bellflower pastor charged with felony bigamy. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A Southern California preacher has been charged with bigamy after his wife found his latest marriage records on the Internet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Spike

San Jose, CA

#1 Apr 8, 2010
No doubt heterosexual christian family values gone bad due to GAY MARRIAGE !!!!

Gays marry, christian preachers driven to bigamy.

Gays denied the right of marriage, preachers go back to young boys.

Cause/effect.

popcorn

La Verne, CA

#2 Apr 8, 2010
Well spike, at least bigamy is biologically compatible.
I'd seem to think you would be all for bigamy since the laws against bigamy are based on religious doctrine.
Jim P

Renton, WA

#3 Apr 8, 2010
Ah those wacky Christians!
Yes, sir, family values all the way with double stamps on Tuesday I guess.

If he just tries a bit harder, he can make it big as a Catholic priest.

You guys ever wonder why your "pastors" refer to you as a "flock"? Sheep do all the work and the shepherd gets all the money after he fleeces you well and truly.
YeahSureUhHuh

AOL

#4 Apr 8, 2010
He so valued the sanctity of his heterosexual marriage that he decided to have a collection.
michael

Newport Coast, CA

#5 Apr 8, 2010
felony bigamy dont the police have better things to do and what about the courts they have nothing else to do what a joke.
Croak

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Apr 8, 2010
"Church of the Great I Am"? Seriously?
Brigham

AOL

#7 Apr 8, 2010
Brother Silas is a jack Mormon. I know several who have similar situations and are experiencing difficulty maintaining their multiple households in this economy. We must be strong and bear up under the yoke until we might be delivered.
Croak

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Apr 8, 2010
Hmm, the pastor's website says he spent a lot of time in jails and prison when he was younger. Will this new felony charge put him in second or third strike territory?
Unit 801

La Habra, CA

#9 Apr 9, 2010
Croak wrote:
"Church of the Great I Am"? Seriously?
Right On! SERIOUSLY?
Suede Denim Secret Police

Long Beach, CA

#10 Apr 9, 2010
http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_14838643

"Silas' eight-page rap sheet includes convictions for pimping, assault with a deadly weapon, burglary and other crimes. He's been arrested more than 25 times, and convicted of more than five felonies and more than five misdemeanors, according to records attached to his court file."
LBCityGirl

Seal Beach, CA

#11 Apr 9, 2010
LOL! What a stupid woman! She won't divorce him to give him his freedom... I think she should be tried with a crime.
Big Eddie Fregosi

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#12 Apr 9, 2010
think of the children...most holy men do!
Croak

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#13 Apr 9, 2010
Suede Denim Secret Police wrote:
http://www.dailybulletin.com/c i_14838643
"Silas' eight-page rap sheet includes convictions for pimping, assault with a deadly weapon, burglary and other crimes. He's been arrested more than 25 times, and convicted of more than five felonies and more than five misdemeanors, according to records attached to his court file."
Wow, how did he ever have time to go to church, he was so busy committing crimes.
Croak

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#14 Apr 9, 2010
He's such a great catch -- two women married him.
Amen

United States

#15 Apr 9, 2010
Spike wrote:
No doubt heterosexual christian family values gone bad due to GAY MARRIAGE !!!!
Gays marry, christian preachers driven to bigamy.
Gays denied the right of marriage, preachers go back to young boys.
Cause/effect.
"what in the name of jesus"
LX7LB90802

Torrance, CA

#16 Apr 9, 2010
Another homophobe done gone...
onemansopinion

La Habra, CA

#18 Apr 9, 2010
Another "son of the Lord" gone astray......he did not know he was not divorced??????
Amen brother...you can always remarry in jail...
Jim P

United States

#19 Apr 9, 2010
Unit 801 wrote:
<quoted text>Right On! SERIOUSLY?
Tsk, you slept through bible study again. God refers to "himself" as "I am" when Moses asks who he should say has given him the Law.... I suspect it loses in translation from the Hebrew since English doesn't have a variation in "to be"...think of it like "estoy" vs. "soy" in Spanish...the first indicates a staus that has limited duration, the latter a permanent state of being.

Might be beter translated as "I am that which is and always will be." but I'm no Hebrew scholar so take this as opinion only.

So the name is not really all that silly and certainly no more silly than mos tother religious names.
Spike

San Jose, CA

#22 Apr 9, 2010
popcorn wrote:
Well spike, at least bigamy is biologically compatible.
I'd seem to think you would be all for bigamy since the laws against bigamy are based on religious doctrine.
"at least bigamy is biologically compatible"

Oh really.

bigamy: the act of entering into a marriage with one person while still legally married to another

Please explain. I see no reference to biology in this definition.
Croak

Folsom, CA

#23 Apr 9, 2010
@Jim P

On the Bible App on my phone, nothing turns up in a seaerch for the term "I am."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr tom wingo 29,669
free fun 14 hr daddysboy 1
News Charges filed in Victorville teen slaying (Jul '09) 17 hr anonymous 31
News Lung Cancer Smoke Screen (Jun '09) 23 hr Kwane Mfusi 34
News Faking it the green way: Artificial grass looks... (May '09) Mon Zoe Smith 26
Pomona California Police Please Read This Sun Charlie Sheenn 2
Lesbian snapchat users? (Oct '14) Sun fee24 89
More from around the web

Rancho Cucamonga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]