San Bernardino County Grand Jury inve...

San Bernardino County Grand Jury investigating possible Rancho ...

There are 133 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Apr 17, 2009, titled San Bernardino County Grand Jury investigating possible Rancho .... In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

The San Bernardino County Grand Jury is investigating if any favoritism has been given to a developer in the possible purchase of 1,200 acres of land in Rancho Cucamonga.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

JailBianeNow

Pinehurst, NC

#61 Apr 24, 2009
The 1200 acre flood control "excess" conservation lands, the 308 acre Nature Sanctuary and 762 acre North Etiwanda Preserve aare all in Biane's district. All have restricted deeds with conservation easements. Two areas, the 1200 at Deer & Day, along with the 762 are federal project related. The 308 is specific mitigation under state law and settlement of a lawsuit. Biane has crossed over into federal law issues now, taking any future lawsuits out of his influence and County.

If you enjoy the paper chase go to the Army Corp of Engineers and start pulling records via FOIA on the Day Canyon Debris Basin Flood Control Project and same with Deer. U.S. Bureau of Reclaimations could be FOIA'ed also. Most likely records will be "lost" from County departments. Need to get the NEPA Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and EIR with the Record of Decision (ROD). Those will have maps and details on how many acres the feds set aside to be conserved, expecting County Flood to make sure they are. You could also FOIA US Fish & Wildlife Service. All this should be done NOW as none of the agencies are in a hurry to turn over records. Maybe Grand Jury can get these documents, as evidence, faster thaan you and I.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#62 Apr 24, 2009
JailBianeNow wrote:
The 1200 acre flood control "excess" conservation lands, the 308 acre Nature Sanctuary and 762 acre North Etiwanda Preserve aare all in Biane's district. All have restricted deeds with conservation easements. Two areas, the 1200 at Deer & Day, along with the 762 are federal project related. The 308 is specific mitigation under state law and settlement of a lawsuit. Biane has crossed over into federal law issues now, taking any future lawsuits out of his influence and County.
If you enjoy the paper chase go to the Army Corp of Engineers and start pulling records via FOIA on the Day Canyon Debris Basin Flood Control Project and same with Deer. U.S. Bureau of Reclaimations could be FOIA'ed also. Most likely records will be "lost" from County departments. Need to get the NEPA Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and EIR with the Record of Decision (ROD). Those will have maps and details on how many acres the feds set aside to be conserved, expecting County Flood to make sure they are. You could also FOIA US Fish & Wildlife Service. All this should be done NOW as none of the agencies are in a hurry to turn over records. Maybe Grand Jury can get these documents, as evidence, faster thaan you and I.
It's not that I enjoy the paper chase but I was pushed in. I have investments at risk
Halkshaw

United States

#63 Apr 25, 2009
idealmaker wrote:
<quoted text>Well this I know. If eveyrone got arrested for political corruption that was corrupt there would only be very few left. This also I know there is a huge network of fraud in inland empire. Some are Judges many are Lawyers,Morgage brokers,computer techs,some politicians,Doctors, ECT the list goes on. They will not get cought. They have a justification for everyone they target and steal from. I know it is so I happen to know a few of them personally. I hate what they do but it would take a well organised well funded counter group to take them down. It will not be the FBI that does it.
I will say you did not leave any one out. The name used in that one blog is offensive and slander i think he could win a court case on that. I will remind you the riverside offical who sued collected so it does not matter what i think.
Free Speech

Pinehurst, NC

#64 Apr 25, 2009
Halkshaw wrote:
<quoted text>I will say you did not leave any one out. The name used in that one blog is offensive and slander i think he could win a court case on that. I will remind you the riverside offical who sued collected so it does not matter what i think.
More tactics to try to intimidate the public from speaking out. What happened to the Free Press, Free Speech, America the Free? Go Google the legal definition of Slander and some case law. Generalizations are not slanderous. You must be specific and there must be proof that it caused harm. Even then it's not that easy. The Riverside case was very different. People are allowed to give opinions, predictions and question government representatives. Nothing unlawful about it.

Location hidden

#65 Apr 25, 2009
Halkshaw wrote:
<quoted text>I will say you did not leave any one out. The name used in that one blog is offensive and slander i think he could win a court case on that. I will remind you the riverside offical who sued collected so it does not matter what i think.
Ok then cowboy up put up or shut up. If you want to sue then do it you little weasel. By the way it is not slander if it's true. I left lots of people
out. Why don't you repost it. Look my Father told me when you throw a rock into a pack of dogs the one that makes the noise got hit.

Location hidden

#66 Apr 25, 2009
Well john I should go to the state bar and show the picture of you and my ex. I could say more you want?
Halkshaw

United States

#67 Apr 26, 2009
idealmaker wrote:
Well john I should go to the state bar and show the picture of you and my ex. I could say more you want?
Your good. The name that one bloger used implies something that is not true. You can not do that I am all for free speach it Riverside County a bloger was sued for slander i think it was 2 or them the elected offical collected. you can say what ever you want the name that one use was the problem not what he said.
Free Speech

Pinehurst, NC

#68 Apr 26, 2009
Halkshaw wrote:
<quoted text>Your good. The name that one bloger used implies something that is not true. You can not do that I am all for free speach it Riverside County a bloger was sued for slander i think it was 2 or them the elected offical collected. you can say what ever you want the name that one use was the problem not what he said.
Do you think LockUpBiane is slanderous? Same thing as jailed or caged. Then there could be Expel, Recall etc. What do you think they imply? A person can "Name" themself whatever they want here. The "Name" is not a "Comment." You protest too much.

Stick to the real subject, Biane's role in the $102 million sweetheart deal to his buddy Burham that takes him for private jet rides to party functions AND how it fits in to the latest deals of the 1200 acres of restricted flood control for conservation that are being developed AND now the 300 acres the County took from the land trust under legal protest, with the developers buying it for the price of 2 acres.

Go pull Biane's donor filings and LAFCO hearings for the Henderson Creek project. He admits he accepted money from the developer of Henderson Creek, Richland and others. The developers, city reps and Biane all met at his office right before the City made their manuver to make up a list of qualifications that they knew the Habitat charity could not pass. There is so much more to these stories than the news ever covers. It's just a matter of time before the Grand Jury and Attorney General's office catches up.

Location hidden

#69 Apr 26, 2009
Look I have learned to reserve Judgement. Sometimes things are not what they seem,That being said I have chosen to reserve my Judgement
of Biane at this time. I feel that other's have the right to express their opinion of a Public Official. I also reserve judgement on LockUpBiane
Now.
It would be very hard to prove. Defenses to claims of defamation include:

Statements made in a good faith and reasonable belief that they were true are generally treated the same as true statements; however, the court may inquire into the reasonableness of the belief. The degree of care expected will vary with the nature of the defendant: an ordinary person might safely rely on a single newspaper report, while the newspaper would be expected to carefully check multiple sources.

It seems to me Jail Biane now has quoted multiple sources.

Location hidden

#70 Apr 26, 2009
By the way I do feel these thing must be investigated at the federal level

Location hidden

#71 Apr 26, 2009
Halkshaw wrote:
<quoted text>Your good. The name that one bloger used implies something that is not true. You can not do that I am all for free speach it Riverside County a bloger was sued for slander i think it was 2 or them the elected offical collected. you can say what ever you want the name that one use was the problem not what he said.
Did you pick the wrong post or did you have a change of hart?:)
Free Speech

Pinehurst, NC

#72 Apr 26, 2009
I would expect that the Grand Jury would look at the list of developers positioned on the 1200 acres and compare them to campaign contributions to Biane and RC City Council members.

They should also look at the BIG contract Architerra Design Group got,$1.6 million to destroy protected habitat in the North Etiwanda Preserve. Biane used $700,000. of restricted funds from the federal agreement with Federal Highways to protect the ENIRE 762-acre North Etiwanda Preserve. The contracts specifically state that the $700,000. was to remain in a non-waisting bank account. In addition, Biane's Open Space District guys got State Park Prop funds to turn the Wildlife Preserve into a people Park. They failed to notify the State adequately that the federal agreements with Fed Highways does NOT permit habitat destruction. Biane and his boys never bothered to consult or get approval from Federal Highways to go destroy protected habitat in the mitigation site (North Etiwanda Preserve) for the Rt 30/210 Highway Project. Now Federal Highways is looking at a federal lawsuit. Believe me when I say, the County will ultimately be paying, while Architerra walks away with the $1.6 million. Now they also get a piece of the 1200 acres?

You all want to know the connection to Richland?
Free Speech

Pinehurst, NC

#73 Apr 26, 2009
The Architerra contract for Biane's - Preseve and Open Space Enhancement Enhancement Project - was on the County website last time I looked.

Go get a copy of Biane;s latest - CSA-120 Reorganization - Maps & Land Owner Info with APNs from Kathleen at LAFCO.

Richland & Warm Springs are John Schafer

Rancho 2004 (BJ Delzer) and Granite Homes (Daniel Kassel) are partners in Granite Homes. Dorian Johnson of Granite was also chair of the Building Industry Assoc. Is Tim Johnson in Biane's office related to Dorian Johnson? Who is Matt Brown related to?

Did you notice in the news storyt who the lawyer was representing developers that ripped off the Habitat Charity for the 308 acres? Another Kassel!

How are Steven Stewart (SPS Services) and Robert Berwick (Henderson Creek Properties) connected? They jointly asked for the court judgmment against Habitaat Trust charity and Levy on the 308 acres. Yet if you check the Secretary of State Business Portal, SPS Services is suspended and not allow to conduct business in CA. Why is Berwick/Henderson Creek Properties acting on behalf on the defunct SPS? It was Stewart and SPS Services that made the initial out of court settlement with the Sage Council and Habitat charities.

Where is Steven Stewart now? He left Orange County after making these deals, that led up to the developers getting the charities 308 acre Nature Sanctuary. yep it's true. He went to Charleston, SC, spent millions buying and restoring a big old mansion. He even won award from the historical society. The story is on the net and address listed is 33 Montague Street.

Let's face it - Biane and all his developer collegues involved in ripping off the Sage Council and Habitat charity don't want the Breech of Contract case to continue - probably because they do not want to take the Stand in front of a Jury. Seems like they will just do their best to discredit the charities, rack up outrageous attorney costs for them in hopes that they will file bankruptcy or fold before the case gets to trial.

Why didn't the developers & County wait for a final court outcome BEFORE taking by protested Levy all 308-acres thate are undevlopable? If it was really about money, why didn;t they let Peter Joris & San Bernardino Mountains Conservancy buy the Etiwanda Canyon Nature Sanctuary?

If you want to know what specifcally was illegal about the County Sheriff Levy auction, go request a copy of the communications (letters and court documents) that the Sheriff's office received from the lawyer representing The Habitat Trust for Wildlife.

Location hidden

#74 Apr 26, 2009
Free Speech wrote:
The Architerra contract for Biane's - Preseve and Open Space Enhancement Enhancement Project - was on the County website last time I looked.
Go get a copy of Biane;s latest - CSA-120 Reorganization - Maps & Land Owner Info with APNs from Kathleen at LAFCO.
Richland & Warm Springs are John Schafer
Rancho 2004 (BJ Delzer) and Granite Homes (Daniel Kassel) are partners in Granite Homes. Dorian Johnson of Granite was also chair of the Building Industry Assoc. Is Tim Johnson in Biane's office related to Dorian Johnson? Who is Matt Brown related to?
Did you notice in the news storyt who the lawyer was representing developers that ripped off the Habitat Charity for the 308 acres? Another Kassel!
How are Steven Stewart (SPS Services) and Robert Berwick (Henderson Creek Properties) connected? They jointly asked for the court judgmment against Habitaat Trust charity and Levy on the 308 acres. Yet if you check the Secretary of State Business Portal, SPS Services is suspended and not allow to conduct business in CA. Why is Berwick/Henderson Creek Properties acting on behalf on the defunct SPS? It was Stewart and SPS Services that made the initial out of court settlement with the Sage Council and Habitat charities.
Where is Steven Stewart now? He left Orange County after making these deals, that led up to the developers getting the charities 308 acre Nature Sanctuary. yep it's true. He went to Charleston, SC, spent millions buying and restoring a big old mansion. He even won award from the historical society. The story is on the net and address listed is 33 Montague Street.
Let's face it - Biane and all his developer collegues involved in ripping off the Sage Council and Habitat charity don't want the Breech of Contract case to continue - probably because they do not want to take the Stand in front of a Jury. Seems like they will just do their best to discredit the charities, rack up outrageous attorney costs for them in hopes that they will file bankruptcy or fold before the case gets to trial.
Why didn't the developers & County wait for a final court outcome BEFORE taking by protested Levy all 308-acres thate are undevlopable? If it was really about money, why didn;t they let Peter Joris & San Bernardino Mountains Conservancy buy the Etiwanda Canyon Nature Sanctuary?
If you want to know what specifcally was illegal about the County Sheriff Levy auction, go request a copy of the communications (letters and court documents) that the Sheriff's office received from the lawyer representing The Habitat Trust for Wildlife.
OOOH ssshiiiiiiit.Thank you thank you.

Location hidden

#75 Apr 26, 2009
Do the names beazer homes,k hovnanian homes,Contractor: Tri-Mark Enterprises and RPM MANAGEMENT meen anything to you.
Free Speech

Pinehurst, NC

#76 Apr 26, 2009
My pleasure :-) there's soooo much more. It would make for good movie deal, especially if in the end there are indictments.

Whether you're an environmentalist or not, these two charities should get kudos. Especially Spirit of the Sage Council that's been legally taking on the City of RC, County a developers for 17 years. Thank them for any natural areas that remain in the west valley foothills. TheHabitatTrust (dot) org accepts charitaable contributions from their website.

These "trails" that Biane is making in protected habitat areas are to help the developers get higher prices. Get the maps from Kathleen at LAFCO and you'll see who owns the land, which developers will benefit.
http://www.americantrails.org/resources/devel...

Location hidden

#77 Apr 26, 2009
ALSO Shea Homes
Free Speech

Pinehurst, NC

#78 Apr 26, 2009
hovnanian homes - I believe they are the actually builders, coming in after the developers have made the deals. They are one of the builders within the Rancho Etiwanda Estates, just below the North Etiwanda Preseve.

I read recently that Granite got Watt Homes to partner with them in the completion of the Henderson Creek development (now Ironwood Estates) to the southeaast of the Preserve and Nature Sanctuary.
Free Speech

Pinehurst, NC

#79 Apr 26, 2009
Shea and any of the well known builders, come in later after the tentative tracts and development projects have been approved. Couldn't tell you much more than that really. My source says, that usually by the time the actually builders come in all the dirty work has been finished.

You might be on to something though. Who knows if the big builders fund the developers and holding companies? Looks like Granite might have been at the helm though of the Henderson Creek project with Dorian Johnson of the Building Industry working for them. Too much of a coincidence with the Kassel names - Andrew and Daniel.

I was told that Sheriff Hoop did not like the forced Levy Auction of the Nature Preserve occuring on Earth Day. Lt Wilkes spent most of the prior day trying to get the developers nd County Counsel Stringer to postpone to a later date. According to Lt Wilkes, developers and county counsel (Stringer?)unless there in a Singletry (?) gave marching orders, regardless of the letters and documents the attorny for the habitat charity sent over.

Seems a very clear conflict for the County to conduct the auction when they are a one of the judgment creditors.

You know the Attorney General requires very specific procedures when there is a Sale of Charitable Assets - which the Etiwanda Canyon Nature Sanctury was. Besides the requirement to notice the AG, all sales must be at Fair Market Value. The County started the Levy Auction at $0.0 and refused to consider what the independant appraisal stated the land was worth. The land out there in Etiwanda is valued as high as $200,000. an acre. Land that has a conservation easement on it is $9,000. per acre. The developers got it at the forced Levy auction for $255,000. go figure.

The Sheriff could have levied just 1 of the 3 parcel and if sold at FMV would have covered the judgment for lower court fees.

Tell you what though, I think the charities should do a private investigation of the judge.

You or the Grand Jury will see all this if you go get copies from Sheriff Hoop, Lt Wilke or Ms Schonfeld. They may make you file a PRA and possibly, County Counsel will sit on it and make you file a lawsuit. Guess if the Grand Jury requested the documents, the County would have to turn them over so all the public could see.

Location hidden

#80 Apr 26, 2009
MY EX WAS VP OF SALES FOR ONE OF THOSE COMPANYS
IN 2003, AND HELD HIGH POSITIONS WITH TWO OTHERS
WE SEPERATED IN 95

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News High Desert residents struggle with wind turbin... (Mar '10) 13 hr Solarman 25
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Bruin For Life 32,288
News Fee eliminated for SB fix-it tickets (Jun '09) Fri Lawbreaker 10
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Jun 17 Silver Bullet 4,831
News Alta Loma High School teacher found dead (Jan '10) Jun 13 Desiree lopez 144
News WCS superintendent Winter follows her calling (Apr '09) Jun 12 tshanker 240
Hello every one Jun 9 Silvana johnston 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rancho Cucamonga Mortgages