Hit-and-run accident in Rancho Cucamo...

Hit-and-run accident in Rancho Cucamonga kills cyclist

There are 115 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Oct 26, 2008, titled Hit-and-run accident in Rancho Cucamonga kills cyclist. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A 19-year-old Nebraska cyclist died Friday evening after being run down in a hit-and-run accident earlier in the day, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
vote for pedro

Fontana, CA

#102 Nov 3, 2008
vote for me
Rose wrote:
I sickens me how people can make comments about a tragedy without nowing all the facts. My heart goes out to the family who lost there loved one. But the girl accused off this hit and run is innocent. Instead of people opening there mouths they should first get the true facts before posting comments. Every one will see that she will be proven innocent, because she is. People should not be making comments that hurt people without knowing the truth. They are wasting time. When they should be looking for the real person who did the hit and run. But instead valueable time is being wasted and the guilty party is most likely long gone by now. Some off the comments made goes to show what kind of a society we live in. Every one will eat there words when the truth comes out.
fyi

United States

#103 Nov 3, 2008
She did not leave the man, like the newspaper stated.
She made sure help was on the way and left him with a friend. She never new what, happened. She only found him. She did not know he passed away till the next evening, and for the record she went to find out the next morning how he was doing. They would not give her any info. She later realized she was being accused by the paper. You are all talking with out knowing. One more thing she is not illegal or in any way looks like one.
lovely

United States

#104 Nov 3, 2008
Us Americans are worse than voltures. Reading all this garbage makes me ashamed of being an American
Checkpoint Charlie

Del Mar, CA

#105 Nov 3, 2008
lovely wrote:
Us Americans are worse than voltures. Reading all this garbage makes me ashamed of being an American
Are you Michele Obama?
jamie

Van Nuys, CA

#106 Nov 3, 2008
The individual is no longer in custody. She was released today per the San Bernardino inmate locator. It appears she is also pleading not guilty. Another good search is defendant information in San Bernardino county...this gives all the case specifics. I can see that it may have happened by accident and she left frightened and shocked HOWEVER if she did do it, she should tell the truth! The truth will set you free...guess it will play out in our court system.
Answers Please

Charlotte, NC

#107 Nov 3, 2008
fyi wrote:
She did not leave the man, like the newspaper stated.
She made sure help was on the way and left him with a friend. She never new what, happened. She only found him. She did not know he passed away till the next evening, and for the record she went to find out the next morning how he was doing. They would not give her any info. She later realized she was being accused by the paper. You are all talking with out knowing. One more thing she is not illegal or in any way looks like one.
So why was she arrested, hmm? Why did the police find it necessary to take her in, book her, charge her with felony hit and run? Would you suppose there was evidence realted to the accident on or under her vehicle? Are you suggesting that the police took one look at her and said...'Good enough, she'll do'? I'm sorry but I cannot believe for one second there isn't more than what has been rleased in the papers. There had to be a reason they arrested her on the spot rather than calling her a person of intrest. That's usually how it works. They may have a hunch and bring them in for questioning without charging them. No, they went a step further with the woman and booked her. Why is that? And please tell me...what about the child that she allowed to exit the vehicle and view this young man dying on the street? That in and of itself was poor judgement on her part. Sickens me to be honest. How is that child doing after having a front row seat to the exact opposite of what SHOULD have happened. OH BUT WAIT....HERE'S THE BEST QUESTION OF ALL...He passed away the evening the accident happened. The papers released the story on the 25th stating they were looking for her. WHY DID IT TAKE AN ANONOMOUS TIP TO FIND HER RATHER THAN HER GOING TO THE POLICE STATION AND SAYING 'HEY, I THINK YOU ARE MISTAKEN AND I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE MY SIDE OF THE STORY'? Why didn't she go to them the following day when she read about herself in the paper rather than wait until she was arrested five or so days later?
ithink

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#108 Nov 5, 2008
Answers Please wrote:
<quoted text>
So why was she arrested, hmm? Why did the police find it necessary to take her in, book her, charge her with felony hit and run? Would you suppose there was evidence realted to the accident on or under her vehicle? Are you suggesting that the police took one look at her and said...'Good enough, she'll do'? I'm sorry but I cannot believe for one second there isn't more than what has been rleased in the papers. There had to be a reason they arrested her on the spot rather than calling her a person of intrest. That's usually how it works. They may have a hunch and bring them in for questioning without charging them. No, they went a step further with the woman and booked her. Why is that? And please tell me...what about the child that she allowed to exit the vehicle and view this young man dying on the street? That in and of itself was poor judgement on her part. Sickens me to be honest. How is that child doing after having a front row seat to the exact opposite of what SHOULD have happened. OH BUT WAIT....HERE'S THE BEST QUESTION OF ALL...He passed away the evening the accident happened. The papers released the story on the 25th stating they were looking for her. WHY DID IT TAKE AN ANONOMOUS TIP TO FIND HER RATHER THAN HER GOING TO THE POLICE STATION AND SAYING 'HEY, I THINK YOU ARE MISTAKEN AND I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE MY SIDE OF THE STORY'? Why didn't she go to them the following day when she read about herself in the paper rather than wait until she was arrested five or so days later?
Because she was scared
CSI-Rancho Cucamonga

New York, NY

#109 Nov 6, 2008
I work on this street and pass by the scene a couple times a day, thinking what a tragedy this was. And come up with questions here and there...

If she is innocent, has the car been investigated? That should be the only evidence needed.

Condolences to the friends and family of Justyn.
lou

Fontana, CA

#110 Nov 6, 2008
the facts, mexican are drunk drivers, blacks rob in 3's usually bank or jewerly stores. their love of gold. whites are child molesters and perverted.
wow

New York, NY

#111 Nov 6, 2008
lou wrote:
the facts, mexican are drunk drivers, blacks rob in 3's usually bank or jewerly stores. their love of gold. whites are child molesters and perverted.
Its sad when a nice guy like that is killed in an accident and someone like you is still walking around.
martha

Long Beach, CA

#112 Dec 11, 2008
Just Another Day wrote:
How disgusting to hit (Kill) a person riding a bike, then get out of your car (with your young daughter), do nothing to help, then simply get back in your car and leave. I'll bet any amount of money she was illegal and didn't want to get sent back to Mexico!
Will we ever be able to do something about these heartless, free-loading, dirt bags that contribute nothing and take all? Some poor family is receiing the most tragic news of their lives and the dirtbag illegal that killed this man is probably laughing knowing even if she is caught, nothing will be done. She'll pop out 10 more kids and never give what she did a second thought!
she wasnt illegal n that wasnt her daughter bitch
SHADDAP

Crestline, CA

#113 Dec 11, 2008
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Its sad when a nice guy like that is killed in an accident and someone like you is still walking around.
What are you??

Purple and perfect??
David

Bothell, WA

#114 Dec 11, 2008
She was a drunk mexican illegal alien. Nothing new here.
BisnarChase

Irvine, CA

#116 Sep 1, 2010
We are offering up to $1,000 reward for information leading to the felony confiction of this purpatrator. See www.hitandrunreward.com for information.
youareclueless

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#117 Sep 1, 2010
the comments in here are hilarious. We have bigots that hide behind a computer and we have an immigration problem in America. And we wonder why America is the way it is. It's not the illegals... its the bigots inside. All they do is talk and talk about problems, but they never do anything about it. If we want to fix America, we gotta rebuild from within. The first step is erasing racism and bigotry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wanted man fatally shoots himself during stando... (Jan '10) 8 hr Your Momma 78
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Brew In 32,590
News Man convicted in bizarre South El Monte home br... Sat Christsharian Col... 1
News Walmart workers protest wages, benefits at Onta... (Nov '13) Dec 2 Birds Landing Bob 26
News 150 pounds of meth seized in Mexican cartel rai... (Oct '09) Dec 2 Ifukcongress 44
News Joshua Tree man jailed for fatal shooting of fr... (Apr '10) Dec 2 Tobi 20
Reasons why San Bernardino does NOT suck. Dec 1 Mike 1

Rancho Cucamonga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rancho Cucamonga Mortgages