Pedestrian struck, killed by big rig

A 47-year-old West Covina man died Thursday after being struck by a big rig on the 210 Freeway, authorities said. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tom Corbitt

AOL

#61 Feb 26, 2009
My wife and I just found out yesterday (Feb 25) about Charles' passing. Sadly, it was from his mother. Charles and I had a business relationship for the past 7-8 yrs and I had not heard from him in a couple of weeks so I had called and left him a message which his dear mother returned my call only to hear of the tragic news. My wife and I were just stunned as she told us the news. My wife got on the internet today to try and find out what exactly happened and she came upon this open forum of comments about Charles. As sad as this situation is we have both been uplifted by the wonderful heartfelt comments about Chuck. Unfortunatley for us, we never had the pleasure of personally meeting Chuck even though both of us felt that we knew him by the many many phone conversations we have had over the last few years, not only talking business but sports as well. The old saying "its a small world" was never so true in this case. I know and work with Charles' mentors in the insurance business here in Tulsa, OK. Charles had told me many stories about his days playing for Coach Richardson at TU and his early days in the insurance business. I watched his team play many times not knowing he was a member. Since we both are sports junkies, we often talked about not only TU but Oklahoma University and football in general. After reading all of the previous quotes, our impressions of Chuck have been validated by all of the loving comments. I was keenly aware of his loving relationship with his aunt and his mother but certainly not surprised by all of his gym friends. We will miss him dearly and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Tom & Connie Corbitt
Peter Smith

New Kensington, PA

#62 Mar 13, 2009
I am sincerely saddened to learn here on this site that Chuck North has passed away. I fondly recall childhood days with Chuck from elementary school through Cameron Jr High, then WCHS and even after he went off to college for a bit. Growing up, Chuck had such a sense of humor and we had such fun hanging around with John Pags, Bryan Baker and would have so many laughs mimicking others and doing our own little parodies. Whenever Chuck came back to WC he would stop by my parents house on Vine just to say hello to Mom and Dad, even if I wasn’t there. He became such a gentleman and just a good man. It has been many, many years since I last saw Chuck and what makes me that much more saddened here is that Chuck was one person that I was really hoping to see at the 79 reunion this year. Such is life that we lose our friends and those we love, good people, and my dear old friend Chuck North was very good people.
I will miss Chuck and his parents did a very good job raising him to be the gentleman he always was.
Dana Cimmarrusti - AZ

Tempe, AZ

#63 Mar 14, 2009
I was reading about my brother and accidentally came across this site. I could not believe it and what a sadness filled my heart. Chuck was such a great guy, always so polite, easy to talk to and just gave you a warm feeling. He had a gentle spirit and made you feel good. He was just one of those people that, when mentioned, you would say, "he's a great guy!"
I am so sorry and you should be very proud to have raised a son like that. He will definitely be missed at our 30 year reunion.
Blessings ...
Michele Raimo- Fukui

Euclid, OH

#64 Apr 26, 2009
I just learned of Chuck's death today on april 26th and was shocked and saddened at this news. I found out about the accident because I was searching for Class of 1979 reunion information. I live in Hawaii so I had no idea. My first thoughts were "oh no! not Chuck he was such a nice guy" My prayers and condolences go out to his family. It appears that he was very loved and made a difference in this world. God Bless you all.
Brian Baiotto

AOL

#65 Jun 3, 2009
Dear Charles North's family-
my name is Brian and I worked out for four years at the same time Charles was there every night. I ran into a mutual friend, Scott Galetti today at a baseball game and he told me of Charles' death and I was shocked and saddened. I read all the comments, and I know in times like these...and despite being two months after the fact, I am sure words from strangers about your son/brother must at least help in some way. I also know its always the politically correct thing to do when someone dies, but I witnessed Charles on a nightly basis and looked up to him, because he was this ex-jock who was aging (mid-40's) but was in better shape than most people in his 20's and despite his ability to BS with the best of us, when it came to women, he had major game. Not in a sexist or arrogant way..he just always made sure women felt comfortable walking to their car late at night, he'd show them how to use a machine and he was just able to charm them to death. He was a very confident, but not arrogant guy...he was a wise man beyond his young years and knew how to act around whatever his company was at that particular time...in other words, he always knew how to adapt his language or conversation based on whom was in the inner circle. When we had one-on-one conversations, he always spoke about spending time with his mother and how much that meant to him, so if there is one thing I could say to make you feel better is that his mom and family meant more to him than life and I hope in some way this makes you smile. He was a very nice, caring and charismatic person.
Sincerely,
Brian Baiotto
Brenda Haile Pedersen

Saint Peters, MO

#66 Jun 30, 2009
I had a crush on Chuck, he was a great role model. I admired the way he handled himself all throghout our years in school. I got married and moved to St.Louis, but I always will remember Chuck, as the classy guy in High School

Brenda Haile Pedersen
Carol Murray - San Jose

United States

#67 Jul 18, 2009
I just found out about Chuck this week from MM and was so sad to hear the news. I've known Chuck for 25 years and cannot even think of the words to describe what a special person he was. I wish I had known sooner and could have had the opportunity to attend the memorial service. Chuck and I never lived in the same city, but as our lives changed we always stayed close. Even if we hadn't talked or seen each other for months or years, our friendship always picked up right where we left off. My son and I visited with him a year ago when we were in LA for a Disneyland trip, and as always Chuck was his kind, gracious, and humorous self. Mrs. North, my deepest condolences to you and your family - Chuck was always so devoted to you. I was blessed to have Chuck in my life, and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
David

Glendale, CA

#68 Sep 8, 2009
I think of Charles every time I watch or hear anything about Sooners football. Of course, he played for the Golden Hurricanes. But he always pulled for the Sooners, since they had a more accomplished football team and have been right up their with my Trojans in recent years.

I only knew him during the 2007 & 2008 seasons. As short of a time as it was, I miss those chats. He was very objective and always gave credit where credit was due.
----------
Sooners lost a tough one the other day, Charles! They'll bounce back.

P.S. BEAT THE BUCKEYES!!(I know wherever you are, you'll be watching that one this Saturday. Should be a good one!)
Mantis

North Hollywood, CA

#69 Oct 26, 2009
Chucky's head stone is absolutely gorgeous, and a truly fitting tribute to a man who was loved by so many. A day doesn't pass that my heart doesn't ache for the life that was lost so young. Thank you for your inspiration, support and never ending love and acceptance. You will be part of me forever.
Veronica

United States

#70 Dec 22, 2010
I too met charles at ballys. He was definitely the hot old guy that I looked forward to seeing everyday. He was a great motivator and the nicest guy I knew. He always had something encouraging to say! I have a hard time going to west covina ballys now because I know he's not on his machine. We will all miss you and hopefully see you in heaven!
Mmelinda Toth in Tulsa

San Antonio, TX

#71 Mar 27, 2011
I met Charles in 1985 We met at a club and he likened our chance meeting to the scene in the God father were Micheal Corleone first sees Appalonio, love at fir site, as I was alway taken aback from his classic good looks and charming smile. I reluctantly gave him my phone number and we spent many years enjoying the company of each other. One of our romantic nights, was spent in the board room of his penthouse office. He took me into the board room which had a full wall of glass. He stood towering behind me with his arms wrapped abound my waist, just smiling at our reflection in mirror. talking about how was looked amazing together. Several months we spent together and my love for him grew each day. He left Tulsa to return to CA to care for his ailing father. We kept in touch until 1997, after letting him know that I had married. I remember he cried at the news and told me that he finally realized that he was deeply in love withe me. I never stopped loving him and secretly hoped we would one day be together again. I'll miss and love you until the day I die. I hope our reunion in the hereafter allows us to rekindle the true love we once shared. I love until the day I die. Melimda in Tulsa, OK
Lisa gonzalez

Bixby, OK

#72 Jun 10, 2013
Wow it's 2013 and I just got news that my boyfriend from 1985 passed. What a great man.
Felicia chandler

Bixby, OK

#73 Jun 11, 2013
You will be missed ... I will never forget the spaghetti you made me in Tulsa. You will always have a place in my heart. I looked at your picture when you were 25. I can't believe what I read. My prayers go out to your mom and family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Chosen Traveler 28,705
Advocacy Workshop for Parents With Special Need... (May '06) 4 hr Afriend 6
Prostitution sting in Pomona nets 20 arrests (Mar '10) 5 hr Baddie 196
Montclair police told to make cuts or face layoffs (Jun '09) 10 hr decade resident 16
Silicon street Neglected by the city of Montclair 11 hr decade resident 1
Inland Valley schools show slight gains in stat... (Aug '10) Jan 22 MaltaMon 10
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Jan 19 Dave 4,811

Rancho Cucamonga News Video

More from around the web

Rancho Cucamonga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:05 pm PST