Cornerstone Property Management

Posted in the Rancho Cucamonga Forum

chuck concha

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1 Jul 15, 2009
Tom, what do you do when a tenant stops paying rent because you're in a loan modification and they've had people stop by and say the house has been sold? This is not true and your name is still on the deed but they feel that you've cheated them. I told them that they signed an agreement with me not the bank so they're still responsible for the rent. What are your thoughts on this?
laura

Salinas, CA

#2 Mar 17, 2011
chuck concha wrote:
Tom, what do you do when a tenant stops paying rent because you're in a loan modification and they've had people stop by and say the house has been sold? This is not true and your name is still on the deed but they feel that you've cheated them. I told them that they signed an agreement with me not the bank so they're still responsible for the rent. What are your thoughts on this?
No, Why should your tenants continue to pay rent even though you are going through a modification loan. This so call modification loan is not a for sure thing. Yet, your tenants might be out on the streets if the bank decides to place a lock on your door. I am assuming that you have not been making your payments so why should your tenants. Also it seems that you have not been honest to your tenants and that is not right... Maybe you should sit down with your tenants and decide what is best for both parties... I mean why should you be collecting money when you don't know if your keeping the home... NOT FAIR NOT AT ALL>>>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lesbian snapchat users? 2 hr calynnc83 43
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr stewart scott 29,071
Claims filed against Ontario, police after offi... (Aug '08) 8 hr ImNotWeTarDidButU... 21
Demolition of Sunkist site marks the end of an era (Apr '10) Mon ditto 21
Apple Valley teen escapes from juvenile hall, i... (May '10) Feb 28 Jackii 7
Slaying victim remembered 7 years later (Mar '08) Feb 28 nikki 4
"Massage Parlors" Used For Prostitution (Mar '07) Feb 26 George 353

Rancho Cucamonga News Video

More from around the web

Rancho Cucamonga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:02 am PST