Ontario Soccer Park getting ready for kickoff

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

Day or night, grass or no grass, wherever there's an open field in the city, chances are you will find someone playing soccer.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2013
Ms Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2009

Judged:

The park consists of disproportionate and selective sport activities. Is the community I have ventured into also this disproportionate in their sporting diversity? I also noted the presence of a discontinued golf course? Is this also revealing of the direction the City of Chino is going? What will the community determine to be effective for this use of space?., more soccer fields? I sincerely hope the city will consider construction of handball, racket-ball, and basketball courts in this area to help with the unequal disparity that exists with community sporting activity. A soccer stadium and excessive land for soccer is over the top. I detect a huge imbalance and a city catering to only selective groups, and building facilities for these groups only. By doing this, this city excludes others from participating in their activities and envites only selective groups. Do you realize that Ayala has seven soccer fields using 10000 gallons of water every few days and does not have one basketball court. They didn't even build one as a token gesture focusing only on soccer. This is totally discriminatory and reveals the whats going on with city leadership. You only need to open your eyes. With water a major issue, cultural diversity, and a multitude of sporting interests, both Ontario and Chino fail miserably in achieving any remoteness in equity to the fairplay that has allowed their existence. I am ashamed of what is going on, and of the representatives in these cities. These actions are intentional to create a community of selective races, and Chino and Ontario representatives have selected public parks to reflect their choice within the umbrella of change. Community members should be outraged at the exclusion of other sporting facilities, and the imbalance that exists in the parks. The associated costs are enormous, and there is nothing positive about what is being done or the expenditure of hard earned tax dollars for one class of people.
Ms Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2009

Judged:

Once this response was posted, they pulled it so fast from the front page it would make your head spin. Censorship is alive and well in the community. Facts are something your not entitled to, and an opposing opinion is cyber terrorism.
Ms Smith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2009

Judged:

They just finished seven soccer fields in Ontario that take 10000 gallons of water every two days and attract Mexicans as far as Oaxaca, Mexico. So, they will continue to divert water to growing communities of Hispanics while basketball, racquetball, and other sport activities in public parks become extinct. It’s very green at Ayala Park, and other Chino Ontario, and Montclair parks. And, while sobriety checkpoints continue to flourish, not one step toward illegal alien enforcement INS within the community, which in my estimation contains hundreds of thousands of illegals. People, they are preparing for passage of the "Dream Act" , and your not in their dream.
martin gracia

Arcadia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

Judged:

Want to know if an adult league will open?
really

South El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

Wow, you've gone there to interview people and find out where they come from?
Ms Smith wrote:
They just finished seven soccer fields in Ontario that take 10000 gallons of water every two days and attract Mexicans as far as Oaxaca, Mexico. So, they will continue to divert water to growing communities of Hispanics while basketball, racquetball, and other sport activities in public parks become extinct. It’s very green at Ayala Park, and other Chino Ontario, and Montclair parks. And, while sobriety checkpoints continue to flourish, not one step toward illegal alien enforcement INS within the community, which in my estimation contains hundreds of thousands of illegals. People, they are preparing for passage of the "Dream Act" , and your not in their dream.
Fabi - soccer mom

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2009

Dear Ms Smith

In reading your posting (and while respecting everyones right to their personal opinions), I could not help it but to wonder what exactly is it that you are so mad/upset about You seem to be using the much over due opening of the Ontario Soccer Park, as a way of venting your personal frustration in regards to water conservation & illegal Immigration.
You stated:They just finished seven soccer fields in Ontario that take 10000 gallons of water every two days and attract Mexicans as far as Oaxaca, Mexico My reply is simply WOW you must have nothing better to do than to go interview people using that soccer park about their place of Origin. HOWEVER, my Dear Ms Smith, my son and his team will be using that soccer park and let me just tell you that my son as well as all his teammates are not from Oaxaca but are American citizens, primarily white so please get your facts straight.
You went on to say:they will continue to divert water to growing communities of Hispanics while basketball, racquetball, and other sport activities in public parks become extinct. My dear Ms Smith, did you ever set foot at any public park before going to Ayala or Ontario SC??? I dont think so, had you done so, you wouldve realized that those public spaces for the most part, usually have Baseball fields or Basketball courts, Oh lets not forget Football fields Soccer was not even allowed to be played on those spacesAnd YOU want to talk about marginalizing a sport or sector of the community please!
The opening of the Soccer Fields such as Ayala Park, Ontario Soccer Park, San Bernardino Complex were not just something that was much over due, but they bring TONS of $$$$ to the city. Are you aware the costs involved in using such fields??? The San Bernardino Complex charges a fee for the fields + parking is $5 Did you have to pay that when you go play Basketball, Racquetball, or Football???
You are so entitled to your opinion, but with all due respect please do appropriate research before making wild and unfounded statements, perhaps with some validity to your statements, people would take you a bit more seriously.
Mr Rubalcava

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Ms Smith wrote:
Get over it it a brown world and you are the minority now,go to England mighty whighty
Mr Rubalcava

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Get over it it a brown world and you are the minority now,go to England mighty whighty
oswaldo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

f....races people hated by the world "peace"
oswaldo

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2010

hi world just leding u all know i love my wife vanessa
no name

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

I hope Ontario PD has extra cops to break up fights after the soccer games and to clean up all the trash left by the uncivilized brownies.
Letty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Ms Smith,

Instead of critiquing other people or should I say other races, you should probably focus on your own personal life because apparently you don't seem to have one. I'm sorry to know that you feel that way, but nonetheless, that you are a very insecure person, and you're probably not even married.

As an immigrant that I am, I can surely guarantee you that that I have more class and dignity than you will ever have in your entire life. Let me also remind you that you are also an immigrant if you reflect back to history. California as well as other states did belong to Mexico.

I would advised you to get your story straight and do some thorough research because it does make you look darn "stupid."
Letty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

no name wrote:
I hope Ontario PD has extra cops to break up fights after the soccer games and to clean up all the trash left by the uncivilized brownies.
I hope so too because I will be attending there this weekend for the first time, and I know they may get pretty crazy.
Jesus Prieto

Ontario, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Without a need to get offensive, and while I understand your point (an additional court of any other sport field wouldn't have hurt), nobody is screaming bloody murder when every park has all of the other courts you mentioned, but NOTHING for soccer players. I don't roller skate or blade, or skateboard, but I won't go all out to offend those that do. And then to turn around and make it racial and, put an ethnic group in the middle and insult it? Well that says a lot about you and where you come from. I wish all of the problems could be solved that easy, blame the Mexicans, deport them and that would make this place a paradise right? If you think that's eat, you my friend are in need of the dream act instead.
If you don't like soccer, go to the other parks, if you do, come to this one. I'm sure we can count how many of these places are out there with my right hand and have fingers left. In closing, you can express your disagreement without offending others, that's what makes you a FAIR MAN, regardless of your ethnicity. God Bless you and grant you peace.
hosmar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

I just want to know how can i found a team ill like to join some team, i use to play on vine land league this is my email zoerocker11@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Rancho Cucamonga News Video

•••
•••

Rancho Cucamonga Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Rancho Cucamonga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rancho Cucamonga News, Events & Info