Judge hears testimony on O.D. death

Judge hears testimony on O.D. death

There are 196 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Feb 22, 2008, titled Judge hears testimony on O.D. death. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A judge began hearing testimony Thursday to help him decide whether an Ontario man should stand trial on involuntary manslaughter charges for allegedly failing to summon medical help for his girlfriend as she ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Skye for Miranda

United States

#22 Feb 28, 2008
Shelly wrote:
Why is the family of the girl blaming everyone else? The girl chose to use drugs and she paid a price.
They're not blaming EVERYONE else. Just the two men that THREATENED peoples life if they were to call 911 to save her, take her to the hospital TO SAVE HER LIFE, and after she died...they THREATENED their life if they called the cops to mention she was dead. pffft some people are so MEAN!
Deb

United States

#24 Feb 28, 2008
wow... unbelievable people who don't know her

obvious to me they must know the murderer and feel the need to defend his actions by placing it all on her. are you not reading?

or they cannot read
Chearl

Ontario, CA

#25 Feb 28, 2008
Unless you were there you also don't know what happened and are making a judgement. An autopsy would determine if she was forced or not and since they aren't charging the guy with voluntary manslauter I'll let you come to the conclusion here...
Vanessa_il sis

Downey, CA

#26 Feb 28, 2008
"If you use hard drugs you will probably die. This girl had some serious problems and her family must TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER ACTIONS. It is sad but her family should have intervened!"

"THIS GIRL" your talking about is MIRANDA and she did not have serious problems at all, but you wouldnt know because you OBVIOUSLY did not know her at all!!! the only people held responsible for what happened to her are the people who refused help for her...ANDREW GIRVAN AND MECIAS...IF she were to take those drugs wouldnt it seem obvious that those assholes would get her help...NO because she was drugged or forced to take them!!! no matter what, they are held accountable because they would not help her nor let anyone else help her when she lay there in front of all of them for hours dying!! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND THE GUYS WHO KILLED MIRANDA WHO MAKE THIS WORLD A HORRIBLE PLACE!!!!!!!!!!
debbe case

United States

#27 Feb 28, 2008
Chearl wrote:
Unless you were there you also don't know what happened and are making a judgement. An autopsy would determine if she was forced or not and since they aren't charging the guy with voluntary manslauter I'll let you come to the conclusion here...
so were you there? cheryl, and why are you so hell bent on this story? what is your interest? are you a drug peddler too? afraid of the law coming after the drug dealers? if someone takes drugs it's because there is a criminal behind it in getting, them, that is illegal, so they should be put into PRISON so they CANNOT PEDDLE DOPE ANYMORE...SO YOU GET THE PICTURE?

Miranda is the VICTIM, this will unfold at trial, so why not wait on your hallucinagenic assumptions for what comes through at the trial? It's already made quite clear he had some reason (insane as it is) to let her die, otherwise, he would have allowed someone to take her as they begged to... he wouldn't have had to be involved.

now however, he let her die, do you hear me? HE LET HER DIE, MY DAUGHTER IS GONE?

why don't you go find someone else to harrass, this is not about my daughter being on trial -

there are consequences to everyone's actions. his is coming.

Do you just enjoy this? cheryl? You must have some ulterior motive, otherwise you would just keep your input out... it isn't a debate on drug use. This girl was intentionally and with malice allowed to die, and I don't care if she did take all those drugs herself.

So let me get this straight, If your sister decides to slit her wrists in your b/f house, he decides to let you lay there and bleed to death, while he plays pool and won't allow others to take you to the hospital, are you telling me that is okay? surely you would mourn the loss of your sister the same way, and say oh well, it was her own damn fault for slitting her wrists, she knew she would die...
omg.

you are pathetic, and why are we even giving you a second thought.

Please provide your real name if you are behind what you say...

and you best hope that someday your own child doesn't get drugged up by some monster and allowed to slowly die--- it can happen even if they don't know that person. and best hope someone who cares is in the close proximity to help them---have you heard of the date rape drug... do you know these drugs are slipped into drinks?

ah, you are a waste of my breath!
debbe case

United States

#28 Feb 28, 2008
another thing that bothers me is our laws, whereas, it is legal to sell alcohol, perfectly legal...however, should a person become too intoxicated to drive, and they are allowed to drive away from the bar, our laws hold the bartender who provided the alcohol and allowed that person to drive drunk responsible, if that person dies or kills someone else in the process of driving drunk.

also, our laws will convict a person of INHUMANE TREATMENT of an animal and get harsher prison term than for watching a HUMAN die without so much as calling 911, all the while threatening others from calling 911 to boot?

go check the story online about the cows mistreatment in chino... the cows didn't even DIE
and these men will face a harsher term at conviction.

I'm done with this. This is insanity at it's peak
Shawn

Lake Elsinore, CA

#29 Feb 28, 2008
THE FAMILY SEEMS VERY DEFENSIVE. WHY ARE THEY NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR DRUG-ADDICTED FAMILY MEMBER? IT'S REALLY EASY TO BLAME OTHERS INSTEAD OF OWNING UP TO ONE'S MISTAKES.
debbe case

United States

#30 Feb 29, 2008
Chearl wrote:
Unless you were there you also don't know what happened and are making a judgement. An autopsy would determine if she was forced or not and since they aren't charging the guy with voluntary manslauter I'll let you come to the conclusion here...
no they have not...but they did file murder charges...
kdee

Fontana, CA

#31 Feb 29, 2008
Chris wrote:
If you use hard drugs you will probably die. This girl had some serious problems and her family must TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER ACTIONS. It is sad but her family should have intervened!
WHAT!!! Are you freakin' serious? So now it is the families fault? No! It is nobodys fault except for the dirtbag drug dealer. Maybe the family didn't know what she was doing. Do you know where your kids are all the time and know what they are up to? I doubt it seriously. I am sure you don't know what they are doing 24-7. I am sure your kids have been in trouble plenty of times. You need to shut your freakin' mouth. DO NOT lay this on the family. They have gone through too much already. Show some freaking respect and sympathy. You weren't there. You don't know what truly happened. If you don't have anything supportive to say to this family that lost their daughter, then don't write anything in this post. Show some respect. To the family: May God Bless you all. Just know your daughter has gone home to be with the Lord. No more pain, no more sadness. You will get through this difficult time. Just know there are plenty of good people out there that care for you and are praying for you.
Denise Archambault

Salem, OR

#32 Feb 29, 2008
I am appauled that the State of California has allowed such a law to exist for so long that even the criminals know how to take another persons' life without ever being accountable or charged with the crime of murder because they know that all they need to do is give the person an lethal dose of these drugs (ie. ecstacy or morphine or herion or cocaine) and wait for them to be dead and then allow police to find the victim and call it an overdose (oops). However, the amount of drugs apparently induced into Miranda Daly far exceeds any given amount any person (man or woman) could possible take and live through. There is no way anyone, especially if they take drugs and are aware of their affect, would purposely take 10 morphine and then 13 ecstacy just for a good time and expect to survive. If you ask me, the girl was probably given that much lethal dose by being trick into taking a drink laced with such an amount and by the time she drank that she would not imagine it was happening to her and if she were alone with the person who intended her the harm from a lethal dose and no one around to help her she would be comatose and helpless. When the people who turned up there saw this happening and being told she was just "out of it" they would at first think she would sleep it off and by the time she was deprived of oxygen and they noticed her becoming blue and wanting to help her to a hospital, I would imagine the whole scene would become volitale and threatening. Seems to me Girvan and Macias planned the whole thing to happen in the presence of others to appear as a casual overdose, but why? why? they did not let those other people help her puts him in the place of deciding if she lived or not and apparently he did not want her to live and therefore, he needs to charged with murder. This needs to stop! This needs to go to trial and have a conviction of murder so that the next drug thug that thinks about killing another human being with an overdose so they can still live free to roam around and find another unsuspecting person they use and need no more and cannot allow them to ever tell anyone about these humans that use other people and get them to take drugs so they can say they merely overdosed and thus another person out of their way. If these people do not get away with this, it will at last bring a precedented case so that in the future people cannot simply kill people without getting caught. If you ask me, I am glad Miranda's mother is not giving up, because she and the unfortunate death of Miranda Daly, her daughter, will at least give other parents and loved ones an opportunity to protect their children from predators as this Girvan person. It will also give criminals such as Girvan a wake up call that if you try to kill people in this way, you too, will be caught and tried and put away. California needs to fix their laws to protect people not criminals. Thank you for hearing my thoughts on this. I hope I was polite enough to have this posted because the actual rage in me had to be controlled over the fact that another person can murder someone and actually get away with it - over and over again because they have figure out the system and use it to their benefit while the family(s) of these victims have to live each and everday of their lives in sorrow.
Supporter of Miranda

Tulsa, OK

#33 Mar 1, 2008
I guess I just don't understand. It does not matter whether she was a hardcore drug user or not he should have helped her. You guys are getting too far off the point of a human not helping another human when they were in danger. Honestly, looking at her pictures she doesn't look like a normal "hardcore" drug user. Also, even "hardcore" drug users wouldn't have taken 13 hits of ecstasy! So instead of saying hurtful words you should support this family because you never know...it could be your mother, sister, cousin, or aunt and you would want justice for them if no one helped them.
debbe case

United States

#34 Mar 1, 2008
Supporter of Miranda wrote:
I guess I just don't understand. It does not matter whether she was a hardcore drug user or not he should have helped her. You guys are getting too far off the point of a human not helping another human when they were in danger. Honestly, looking at her pictures she doesn't look like a normal "hardcore" drug user. Also, even "hardcore" drug users wouldn't have taken 13 hits of ecstasy! So instead of saying hurtful words you should support this family because you never know...it could be your mother, sister, cousin, or aunt and you would want justice for them if no one helped them.
Thank you... sincerely, from Mir's family... thank you
MICHAEL

Lake Elsinore, CA

#35 Mar 1, 2008
OREGON NEEDS TO FIX ITS LAWS SO IT DOESN'T CONTINUE TO FILL ITS STATE WITH BRAINDEAD LIBERAL HIPPIES. CA LAWS ARE SOME OF THE TOUGHEST IN THE COUNTRY. THE RAIN HAS SOAKED YOUR BRAIN. ENJOY YOUR DEPRESSING WEATHER!
your worst nightmare

United States

#36 Mar 1, 2008
totally uncalled for Michael...
you could start with being considerate to others

or is that not part of california lifestyle?
MICHAEL

Lake Elsinore, CA

#37 Mar 1, 2008
Your worst nightmare: You don't even make sense! Have you noticed the girl's family is trying anything to get the responsibility off the actions of this drug-addicted girl. Yes, the man who she was with should be jailed for a very long time but this girl was also to blame. Wake up people, you can't blame everyone else for a drug addicts death. It's tragic, but when you take drugs you MUST expect negative consequences! Obviously this girl was no angel as she associated with criminals and drug dealers and was a drug abuser herself. This is not cold or heartless to simply state the facts. Should we blame others when someone commits suicide then?
TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!!!!!
AMERICANS ARE SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE BLAMING OTHERS FOR THEIR PROBLEMS.
your worst nightmare

United States

#38 Mar 2, 2008
you do not know this girl... you do not know anything of the truth in this matter.

and please don't speak on behalf of all AMERICANS. I am an American and do not wish your cold blooded and heartless opinion waved around my American flag nor be my voice.
Deb

United States

#39 Mar 4, 2008
Thank you Mr.Dowd
Thank you everyone who is in support of Justice for Miranda...
Skye for Miranda

United States

#40 Mar 4, 2008
debbe case wrote:
<quoted text>
no they have not...but they did file murder charges...
YEAH THEY FILED MURDER CHARGES!! OH HAPPY DAY!!!! I BET THAT PUTS ALOT OF FEET IN ALOT OF MOUTHS AS FAR AS SOME OF THESE COMMENTS GO!

God isnt done yet, either....
Skye for Miranda

United States

#41 Mar 4, 2008
your worst nightmare wrote:
you do not know this girl... you do not know anything of the truth in this matter.
and please don't speak on behalf of all AMERICANS. I am an American and do not wish your cold blooded and heartless opinion waved around my American flag nor be my voice.
I second this....
Skye for Miranda

United States

#42 Mar 4, 2008
MICHAEL wrote:
Your worst nightmare: You don't even make sense! Have you noticed the girl's family is trying anything to get the responsibility off the actions of this drug-addicted girl. Yes, the man who she was with should be jailed for a very long time but this girl was also to blame. Wake up people, you can't blame everyone else for a drug addicts death. It's tragic, but when you take drugs you MUST expect negative consequences! Obviously this girl was no angel as she associated with criminals and drug dealers and was a drug abuser herself. This is not cold or heartless to simply state the facts. Should we blame others when someone commits suicide then?
TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!!!!!
AMERICANS ARE SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE BLAMING OTHERS FOR THEIR PROBLEMS.
I almost feel sorry for this guy. He must be a really sad and bored person to beg for attention in the most hurtful way possible. This drug dealer is a murderer and its because of people like you, that these people still roam our streets and hurt and manipulate our children and friends

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rip the pimp. Early 90s 2 hr Intrested 1
News Water stock offered on Web (Jul '08) 21 hr boxman0103gmailcom 10
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 23 Trojan 32,307
News California governor denies parole for Manson fo... Jul 22 never-Parole 1
Review: 1-800 Radiator (May '09) Jul 22 Trinity 121
News Pomona's Madison Park renamed Tony Cerda Park (Sep '08) Jul 22 Kaluah 40
lesbian or straigh snapchat names (Oct '15) Jul 21 Becky 6

Rancho Cucamonga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rancho Cucamonga Mortgages