Western Christian Schools to continue...

Western Christian Schools to continue acquisition of certain as...

There are 2050 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Jan 23, 2009, titled Western Christian Schools to continue acquisition of certain as.... In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

An injunction to halt the sale of certain assets of Upland Christian Schools has been set aside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

curiuos

AOL

#745 Feb 14, 2009
B L O G wrote:
Stealing one school's name ... strange behavior for a new "Christian" school!(UCS)
Stealing two school's names ... PRICELESS!(UCA)
I can't wait to see how this new school is going to be used to "unify" the Body of Christ!
WCS is an awesome Christian school with a rich heritage of forming Christian leaders for the past several decades. If UCS was being sold to a large secular corporation, I could understand the fury ... but another Christian school. I fail to see the rationale for starting another Christian school ... especially in this economy. Have you watched T.V. in the past five months?
Western Christian is not purchasing the name only the buildings. It has been a hostile takeover not a merger as some have be led to beleive. Over 50 people will be losing their jobs. For Mrs Winter and the Board with the economy as it is to be trying to expand and enlarge WCS seems to be financial suicide. Just an observation.
concerned

Los Angeles, CA

#746 Feb 15, 2009
I too am very concerned that the actions of Mrs. Winter and the board could very well cause the demise of two wonderful schools. In their strong desire and relentless priority to acquire the long-awaited for high school, they may have set up the perfect storm. The economy has never been worse since the Depression. The situation was handled so badly that many who may have come, won't come. There is still a blind eye to wrong actions and the realities of this economy. However, I do believe that God can do anything. He will bless it if it is in His will.

UCS will be gone and I pray that UCA will be able to emerge successfully in this economy. I pray WCS will emerge successfully in this economy. If I were on the board, I would need a clear conviction in my heart that God was absolutely calling us to move forward. It is a huge responsibility and the future of two schools have been impacted by their decisions.

God is in control and He will determine the future. I pray both schools can succeed.
curiuos

AOL

#747 Feb 15, 2009
Amen!
curious

AOL

#748 Feb 15, 2009
FDSA wrote:
"The actual problem with Western is the board. They keep hiring Superintendents without fully checking their background and do it without any input from the teachers or parents. If you read Western's background the one common element is a bungling school board."
"Not all the board members are blind. If they would have checked Karen's background, they would have found out that she was fired from her last job and that the staff felt a huge weight lifted when she was gone. That is what was discovered from a little investigating."
Doesn't this bother everyone just a little bit???
fdsa

Upland, CA

#749 Feb 15, 2009
curious wrote:
FDSA wrote:
"The actual problem with Western is the board. They keep hiring Superintendents without fully checking their background and do it without any input from the teachers or parents. If you read Western's background the one common element is a bungling school board."
"Not all the board members are blind. If they would have checked Karen's background, they would have found out that she was fired from her last job and that the staff felt a huge weight lifted when she was gone. That is what was discovered from a little investigating."
Doesn't this bother everyone just a little bit???
Either they didn't check or they didn't care.
GOD IS AWESOME

Glendale, CA

#750 Feb 15, 2009
After reading all of the blogs,I can say one thing,
WE HAVE AN AMAZING, AWESOME GOD, AND HE WILL FULFILL HIS PERFECT PLAN FOR UCA AND WCS. All of us who proclaim to be CHRISTIANS, need to look deep inside ourselves and examine what we are saying on this blog. WE ARE TO BE CHRISTS REFLECTION, TO MIRROR HIM, Is it sad what happened to UCS, Yes, should either school have bad feelings to the other, NO, we are to both continue to glorify God, HIS PERFECT PLAN WILL BE REVEALED JUST WATCH. HE PROMISES......."I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for a hope and a future,.......
TO HIM BE ALL THE GLORY....ALWAYS
agn

Upland, CA

#751 Feb 16, 2009
I believe that there is no Father in Heaven who can be persuaded by our prayers.
fdsa

Upland, CA

#752 Feb 16, 2009
“Listen, lad. I built this kingdom up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was swamp. Other kings said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one... stayed up! And that's what you're gonna get, lad: the strongest castle in these islands.”
Monty Python quote
concerned

Los Angeles, CA

#753 Feb 16, 2009
agn wrote:
I believe that there is no Father in Heaven who can be persuaded by our prayers.
The Father in Heaven who you don't believe can answer prayers loves you just the way you are. He will wait patiently and lovingly for you. I will pray for you. At worst, if I'm wrong, it's a wasted prayer. If I'm right, it's heavenly.
agn

Upland, CA

#754 Feb 16, 2009
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca the Younger
Truth hurts

United States

#755 Feb 16, 2009
agn wrote:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.- Seneca the Younger
Thats your right. But please tell me what this has to do with a school?
concerned

Los Angeles, CA

#756 Feb 16, 2009
Religion is not something I seek. It is a personal relationship that requires surrender of self. If you put yourself above God, you will never find Him. If we esteem ourselves and our intellect over all else, we are left with just ourselves. We consider ourselves wise and are unwilling to surrender to One wiser. Faith is not surrender of intellect, it is surrender of everything to the only One worthy of receiving that faith, the only One able to meet you exactly where you are. The wisdom I found was not the wisdom I thought I had, it was the wisdom of Truth.
UCS Parent

Chino, CA

#757 Feb 17, 2009
B L O G wrote:
Stealing one school's name ... strange behavior for a new "Christian" school!(UCS)
Stealing two school's names ... PRICELESS!(UCA)
I can't wait to see how this new school is going to be used to "unify" the Body of Christ!
WCS is an awesome Christian school with a rich heritage of forming Christian leaders for the past several decades. If UCS was being sold to a large secular corporation, I could understand the fury ... but another Christian school. I fail to see the rationale for starting another Christian school ... especially in this economy. Have you watched T.V. in the past five months?
Oh my! We stole our own name that no one else wants! How unchristian of us! And we don't want to put our kids under the care of those who have lied to us, treated us disrespectfully, and acted poorly. What is wrong with us? Well, I can certainly see how you "fail to see the rationale" for starting a new school. There's a lot about this situation you fail to see. Maybe I can clue you in.

Winter has modeled very poor Christian leadership in this particular situation, and I wouldn't put my child anywhere where she was in charge. Not to mention that the Naz District still owns the campus as of this moment, and so anyone enrolling at UCS now is enrolling their child in a school that Doane and his chronies are in charge of. Now THAT is a scary thought. Sue Chiappone, however, is an outstanding example of great Christian leadership. And, considering the current state of the economy, ridding ourselves of the debt attached to the old campus is actually a great move. It's a fantastic time to be a lessor or buyer, and the deals are abundant. What a great time to be looking for a new campus!

Great Christian leadership, and great opportunities for new facilities. We're off to a great start at becoming an outstanding Christian school - the school we love and chose to place our kids in.
Question

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#758 Feb 17, 2009
Curious wrote:
Doesn't anybody wonder just a little bit about why Karen Winter was asked to resign in June 07' by the board of Vacaville Christian School? She was employed there 17 years at the largest private school in Solono county and the largest christian school in the nation. It was right in the middle of a large expansion of their High School campus. Her son was arraigning financing also.
I have been very curious. I've also been very concerned about her.
Teacher

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#759 Feb 17, 2009
Curious wrote:
Most employers will do a background check on perspective employees. Do a background check on Doane, Kratz and Mrs Winter. You will be saddened by what you see. Mrs Winter is refered to as "Dragon Lady" by many of her former and present staff and teachers at both Vacaville and Claremont. I am deeply saddened by this. We need to be careful who we have lead and shape our childrens lives.
I know this is not the truth. The teachers would never refer to her in this way.
Curious

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#760 Feb 17, 2009
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>I know this is not the truth. The teachers would never refer to her in this way.
I am sorry but they do. It may have may have followed her from Vacaville.
Fred

Los Angeles, CA

#761 Feb 18, 2009
I found this article on the Claremont Courier about Dr. Karen Winter. It says nothing about her being fired from the Vacaville Christian School. In fact, it praises her.

http://www.claremont-courier.com/pages/Topsto...

Proverbs 3:3-5
Fred

Los Angeles, CA

#762 Feb 18, 2009
Another article on Karen Winter.
http://www.go-vcs.com/index.php/about/accredi...
Curious

AOL

#763 Feb 18, 2009
Fred wrote:
I found this article on the Claremont Courier about Dr. Karen Winter. It says nothing about her being fired from the Vacaville Christian School. In fact, it praises her.
At the management level being asked to resign is the same as being fired. Why would she leave VCS in the middle of their 17.5 million dollar expansion that she is taking credit for???
Knows the Truth

United States

#764 Feb 18, 2009
Fred wrote:
I don't know much about Karen Winter, but that article seemed more like a Press Release than balanced coverage. And besides, I doubt the Claremont Courier is going to call up her former staff members to "get the scoop."

I am very interested, though, in the relationship between her and Dr. Kienel. I hate to stir the conspiracy pot, but I do wonder how far back they go. I'm not trying to accuse anybody of anything immoral or such, but wondering if Dr. Kienel has more bias in the situation than has been presented.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr TooPharts 33,190
Clarence McGhee 8 hr CLARENCE E MCGHEE 1
News Code enforcement using new citation and collect... (Feb '10) Jun 23 Richard hollien 22
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Jun 22 CassH 4,849
Review: Rancho Cucamonga Metrolink Station Jun 21 Metrolink 1
News City of Fontana Tries to Restrict Californians'... Jun 19 lugnut 1
Shooting in Cherryville!!!!! (Apr '07) Jun 15 el paisa 347

Rancho Cucamonga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rancho Cucamonga Mortgages