UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl. Full Story

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#17742 Feb 8, 2013
Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Pemmie, let me be the first to say that I apologize if I said anything personally to upset you and your homosexuality!
Oh, aren't you clever? Oh, you sure got me good with this one!

/sarcasm

Grow up.
Trojan

Encino, CA

#17743 Feb 8, 2013
Inland emperor Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>How bout the tainted success of UCLA and John Woooden!, nobody likes to talk about that, as though its to sacred.
Trust me,there has never been a bigger officiating bias anywhere ,than when John Wooden coached at ucla ,you had to be about 20pts better than UCLA ,to over come it!
Reasonable Bruins and fans thereof wouldn't argue with you. They know their players were paid to win those NC's. Most Bruins I know fall into that category.

But some still have their heads buried in the sand. It's quite amusing.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17744 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Tainted? reeeeeeeeeally? The John Wooden teams were never on placed on probation.
The NCAA investigated, and according to them they either found nothing, or nothing warranting sanctions. The USC football program WAS found guilty of violations in those years win which they seemed unbeatable...I know you're going to ask, "how did that make Reggie a better player? it's not like he took steroids" - me response would be,'USC knew about the infractions, and did nothing, winning became more iportant'.
Do you remember DeShawn Foster? he showed up to school one day in a brand new SUV - what did UCLA do? the dismissed him from the team, EVEN IF he was the star of the program, playing by the rules, and protecting the integrity of the UCLA program became more important...something that apparently is not as important at USC.
Am I saying the UCLA players never received gifts from Sam Gilbert? no I am not saying that at all. But what I conted is, the severity or degree of those "infranctions" may not have been to the degree of other programs that got major sanctions. How many of us that tail gate at the Rose Bowl or Trojan fans at the Coliseum, are guilty of offerig food to the players once the game is over and they are making their way to find friends, family, or simply wating for the bus to depart to their destination albeit, Hotel, Airport, or back to the campus, the players always accept food or a soda after the games, shouldn't this also be an infraction? but why isn't being inforced? probably because it's so minute, and petty the NCAA ignores it.
Being a Trojan fan, I'm sure you are aware of Marv Goux, he was funneling money to the USC players from the Alumni and Boosters in the late '60s and 70's, the NCAA found USC guilty and were placed on probation...receiving $$$ and cars is very different from dinners, and small stuff. Unless you can post something on here that says UCLA/Wooeden were found found guilty of anything, I will dismiss your allegation as "hear-say".
My post wasn't meant to call out Wooden on recruiting improprieties , I'm just saying it was really unfair to teams in the pac 8 or elsewhere who had to play UCLA and had to deal with the refs licking Woodens balls to please him so they could continue to ref on the big stage......but it will say the Gilbert thing is interesting ,although it seems we will never get to the bottom of that issue because nobody seems interested in really finding out anything.....
...Oh BTW--did you see that clown(Shabazz)jumping up and down clapping his hands for the ball while Drew was trying to convert the winning basket last night?!!....amazing.......

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#17745 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>How bout the tainted success of UCLA and John Woooden!, nobody likes to talk about that, as though its to sacred.
Trust me,there has never been a bigger officiating bias anywhere ,than when John Wooden coached at ucla ,you had to be about 20pts better than UCLA ,to over come it!
Please man, dont get into the whole Wooden-and-how-he-was-a-cheat- too thing. That will set Rob off on a Topix tirade (with long, drawn out posts that last for miles) in trying to defend his beloved coaching hero. We heard similar defenses like when the entire Afro-American community in the DC area tried defending Marian Berry despite him being filmed on video buying coke. If video was available back in Woodens days we wouldnt even be having this conversation and the rafters at Pauley would be empty... HaHa
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17746 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, I get it, you don't like Shabazz...but he sorta does look a little like a turkey though, I will give you that much.
LMAO ,now you're making me laugh , never thought I could get you to give in!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#17747 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>My post wasn't meant to call out Wooden on recruiting improprieties , I'm just saying it was really unfair to teams in the pac 8 or elsewhere who had to play UCLA and had to deal with the refs licking Woodens balls to please him so they could continue to ref on the big stage......but it will say the Gilbert thing is interesting ,although it seems we will never get to the bottom of that issue because nobody seems interested in really finding out anything.....
...Oh BTW--did you see that clown(Shabazz)jumping up and down clapping his hands for the ball while Drew was trying to convert the winning basket last night?!!....amazing.......
See post above...

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#17748 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Okay, I get it, you don't like Shabazz...but he sorta does look a little like a turkey though, I will give you that much.
From my assessment of the games last night, the (B)ruins ecsaped with their life which proves they are in the middle of the pack in the Pac12, just like USC and Washington. The prima donnas will lose 3 to 4 more games before the Pac12 tournament and that whint turky Shabaaaaaz will bolt to the NBA and get as far away from Ben Howling just like that kid Honeycutt did... HaHa
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17749 Feb 8, 2013
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Reasonable Bruins and fans thereof wouldn't argue with you. They know their players were paid to win those NC's. Most Bruins I know fall into that category.
But some still have their heads buried in the sand. It's quite amusing.
Yeah , I used to laugh how in the 80's Bill Walton would do tv broadcasts of UCLA games , and I will never forget one of the SC games where Walton was appalled at the biased officiating against SC and mentioned it over and over again....and he is a guy(granted a great player)who was a beneficiary of the bias when he was a player....but even his eyes were finally open.
Inland emperor Trojan

Fontana, CA

#17750 Feb 8, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>From my assessment of the games last night, the (B)ruins ecsaped with their life which proves they are in the middle of the pack in the Pac12, just like USC and Washington. The prima donnas will lose 3 to 4 more games before the Pac12 tournament and that whint turky Shabaaaaaz will bolt to the NBA and get as far away from Ben Howling just like that kid Honeycutt did... HaHa
I think that Turkey(Shabazzzz)will have to bolt to 'Turkey'(no pun intended)to play pro BB in their league. He has no shot in the NBA...they'll just sit on his left side , and he'll never get a shot off!

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#17751 Feb 8, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>From my assessment of the games last night, the (B)ruins ecsaped with their life which proves they are in the middle of the pack in the Pac12, just like USC and Washington. The prima donnas will lose 3 to 4 more games before the Pac12 tournament and that whint turky Shabaaaaaz will bolt to the NBA and get as far away from Ben Howling just like that kid Honeycutt did... HaHa
ya this team is not gelling and Howland's, well you already know how I feel about him. Needing a buzzer beater at home against a team that had already lost 9 games?
I agree we could easily loss two more games and I don't see this team getting past the 2nd round, if invited in the 1st place.
Besides,......... were a FOOTBALL school
38-28 Bam !!!!!
Bruin Bob

Los Angeles, CA

#17752 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>LMAO ,now you're making me laugh , never thought I could get you to give in!
Oh she's quite easy all us Bruins are :)
Bruin Bob

Los Angeles, CA

#17753 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
ya this team is not gelling and Howland's, well you already know how I feel about him. Needing a buzzer beater at home against a team that had already lost 9 games?
I agree we could easily loss two more games and I don't see this team getting past the 2nd round, if invited in the 1st place.
38-28 Bam !!!!!
Not just any football school but a super gay football school, our Super Bowl rep is a flaming queen just like you BN. Go Bruins!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#17754 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
38-28 Bam !!!!!
Just like your turkey boy Shabaaaaaz, UCLA football = one and done! HaHa

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#17755 Feb 8, 2013
see the Stalker/Troll fom El Monte has a new name to add to all his others...fight_on, PPPrick, Arlean Manhattan, now Bruin Bob, how clever and original.
Putz

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#17756 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
see the Stalker/Troll fom El Monte has a new name to add to all his others...fight_on, PPPrick, Arlean Manhattan, now Bruin Bob, how clever and original.
Putz
BN, try to ignore the troll posts so you can interact with superior Topix posts like MINE! LOL

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#17757 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
Putz
Nation please, I have not been on Topix for over a month now as I gave my farewell manifesto, but I must protest if you continue to group me in with manhattan names, bob names and the like :/

We are forever musketeer Bruins and once you come to realize that, whether we win or more than likely lose, the better that will be for all us struggling fans of the sky blue and gold :)

Go Bruins, let's enjoy the exception known as the 2012 football season, shall we ;)

West Hollywood, CA

#17758 Feb 8, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>BN, try to ignore the troll posts so you can interact with superior Topix posts like MINE! LOL
I have heard from the girls that you have superior endowments Mister Traveler :)

Care to come to our Bruin hot tub party tonight for a change of pace? Lifer is going to wear the midnight blue Bruin speedos for the first time ;)

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#17759 Feb 8, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>BN, try to ignore the troll posts so you can interact with superior Topix posts like MINE! LOL
for once were in COMPLETE AGREEMENT :)

West Hollywood, CA

#17760 Feb 8, 2013
Bruin Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just any football school but a super gay football school, our Super Bowl rep is a flaming queen just like you BN. Go Bruins!
Hi there BB, care to come to the Bruin hot tub party? All the regulars will discretely be there, me, Nation, Lifer, Brewski, MBD and even a few Bruin athletes :)

But if you do, you must swear to secrecy as it would further ruin or football program if some of the names got out :/

Coach Jimmy would have to be let go then :(

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#17761 Feb 8, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>I have heard from the girls that you have superior endowments Mister Traveler :)
Care to come to our Bruin hot tub party tonight for a change of pace? Lifer is going to wear the midnight blue Bruin speedos for the first time ;)
No thanks, you can direct your posts to Artie and the others...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man robbed at Rancho Cucamonga gas station (Aug '09) 20 hr Voodoo57 102
helicopter what happened? Sun news cast 2
Annual San Antonio Heights Christmas Eve Sing-A... Dec 22 Ann 1
BLACKS in Rancho Cucamonga (Sep '11) Dec 22 ShadowsCast 5
One dead, one hurt in hit-and-run (Jan '07) Dec 21 Will 17
Lesbian snapchat users? Dec 21 Ellser 10
Optimize your website for locals (Sep '10) Dec 21 Norman 5

Winter Storm Watch for San Bernardino County was issued at December 29 at 4:55AM PST

Rancho Cucamonga News Video

More from around the web

Rancho Cucamonga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rancho Cucamonga News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rancho Cucamonga

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:42 am PST