UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel say...

UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB

There are 32580 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Sep 13, 2010, titled UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince will remain No. 1 QB. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

One day after telling reporters on a conference call that he planned to put the quarterback position back up for grabs, UCLA coach Rick Neuheisel said sophomore Kevin Prince will start against Houston on Saturday at the Rose Bowl.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#12690 Aug 3, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Rob, something that would really be refreshing (as even a leprechaun named BigDan pleaded for) getting back to talking some football. I have said and again will go on record and say that USC will finish this season at 11-1, with our only loss being at Washington. Do you care to make a similar assessment for UCLA such as who you will lose to (or maybe to make it easier who you will beat) this season?
USC 11-1 ENROUTE TO THE NC GAME
Amen Brother, his comments don't reflect ALL Bruins.
I for one am tired of the bullshyt.
Trojan

Lynwood, CA

#12691 Aug 3, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>Not gonna happen CT...I only see two losses for sure, one to Nebraska and other I won't say...and Stanford will be a toss-up especially the game being at the Rose Bowl this year...anything worse that an 8-4 will be unacceptable.
CT, he already gave his delusional assessment here.

They'll be 6-6 or 7-5, at best.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#12692 Aug 3, 2012
Anyone know what college the 2 women who scored in todays USA Soccer 2 to 0 win went to school? Hint.... Bruins
Bruin Fan

North Hollywood, CA

#12693 Aug 3, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
Anyone know what college the 2 women who scored in todays USA Soccer 2 to 0 win went to school? Hint.... Bruins
I say ole boy that is a no brainer. When one thinks of Bruins you know they must be talking about The Tennessee Powerhouse Belmont University Bruins. You are quite the trivia baron ole boy.....Go Bruins!
Ruger16

United States

#12694 Aug 3, 2012
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that USC was behind the improper benefits that RB5 received? Have you read the NCAA report at all? Or are you just eating up all the propaganda and rumors and believe that to be true? It's sad, really, to see you act this way.
Remind me again, which school/team to you support?
I pull for Boise, Ohio State, and Georgia.
And you cant tell me that Petey didnt know about Bush. Also I was behind the letting go of Tressel at OSU and the sanctions put upon them.
Whats the matter with individuals and institutions being held accountable?
And if Petey didnt know he wasnt much of a coach. Just like Tressel.
And since when did anything the NCAA does make sense? Or do you not keep up with CFB?
Ruger16

United States

#12695 Aug 3, 2012
And also CPEM, Im not gonna come on here and make an azz of myself by trying to say an elite coach who recruited an innercity kid living in filth is now driving beemers and his family now lives in Malibu and he thought there was nothing to it.
Bruin Fan

North Hollywood, CA

#12696 Aug 3, 2012
Ruger16 wrote:
And also CPEM, Im not gonna come on here and make an azz of myself by trying to say an elite coach who recruited an innercity kid living in filth is now driving beemers and his family now lives in Malibu and he thought there was nothing to it.
Greetings Papi Chulo ole boy!.......Go Bruins!
Trojan

Pico Rivera, CA

#12697 Aug 4, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
The difference is? USC placed on probation for the USC boosters funneling money to the USC players through Marv Goux and USC getting hammered by the NCAA while UCLA basketball went unscathed - ahhhhhh refreshing l!
The difference is JW cheated and didn't get caught. Big whoop. He was still a cheater and anyone with a brain knows it. He also made a lame excuse about not being able to control what his players did. He was not the ethical guy you and many others want to pretend he was.

BN is smart enough not to argue this. You? Not so smart.

As I said, JW did more good than harm. He was a man and as such, as fallible as the rest of us. But to throw rocks at PC, acting as if UCLA coaches have never done wrong. Only a complete idiot would do that, so feel free to show it some more.

"For his part, Wooden acknowledged that he had always felt uneasy about Gilbert's relationship with the players, but steadfastly denied having knowledge at the time of anything done by Gilbert that was in violation of NCAA regulations. He also asserted that both he and UCLA athletic director J.D. Morgan had advised players to steer clear of Gilbert, but that ultimately they could not control the players' or Gilbert's actions."

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#12698 Aug 4, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
Anyone know what college the 2 guys who "scored" on those 2 women who socred in today's USA soccer 2-0 win went to school? Hint... no idea, but I bet they used a TROJAN!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HH!!!!

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#12699 Aug 4, 2012
Ruger16 wrote:
<quoted text>I pull for Boise, Ohio State, and Georgia.
I remember Boise. I was asking mostly to make sure you're the same Ruger from before.
And you cant tell me that Petey didnt know about Bush.
I can't because I "wasn't there" so to speak. However, I can speculate that it would be difficult for PC to know and keep track of the living arrangements of 85+ kids and their families, especially if they are living 90+ miles away.
Also I was behind the letting go of Tressel at OSU and the sanctions put upon them.
Completely different situation. There you had a coach with DIRECT knowledge of violations who covered up what he knew when asked directly about it. If anything, that situation would show you that USC is hardly unique as far as it comes to keeping the kids in line. PC's coaching style was probably a polar opposite of JT's, and USC was viewed as being lax with compliance due to the PC's style. Yet, similar violations occurred at tOSU. How can that happen if JT and his style didn't allow for such shenanigans?
Whats the matter with individuals and institutions being held accountable?
Nothing, never said they shouldn't be. Now show me the "individuals" on the current USC roster that had anything to do with RB5 and his dealings with a wannabe sports marketer... Fine the school, make the coaches and AD quit, but the current players had nothing to do with it, and scholarship reductions just means that there are 10 fewer D-1 scholar-athletes getting a free education each year. Tell me how is RB5 learning from that?
And if Petey didnt know he wasnt much of a coach. Just like Tressel.
Difference is, Tressel knew, and covered it up. Also, did Petersen know his coaches were arranging free housing for players? Or was it that he didn't know it was a major NCAA violation? Either way, if he didn't know, does that mean he's not much of a coach either?
And since when did anything the NCAA does make sense? Or do you not keep up with CFB?
Very little of what they do makes sense, but I'm not the one coming on here and touting their "findings" as fact and proof about USC. I implore you to actually read the COI's report and USC's reply and McNair's lawsuit and you will notice that there was very little due process involved. They made a very tenuous connection between USC and the marketer by way of an assistant coach being in one photograph, and a 1-2 minute phone call. BTW, I also think the NCAA was out of line with the sanctions they handed down on PSU, but that's another time, another place.
Trojan

Pico Rivera, CA

#12701 Aug 4, 2012
Chosen Traveler wrote:
" ... Wooden/Paterno knew about Gilbert/Sandusky. He knew the players/kids were close to Gilbert/Sandusky. He knew they looked to Gilbert/Sandusky for advice/gifts. Maybe he knew more. He should have known much more. If he didn't, it was only because he apparently chose not to look."
Well, of course they should have.

Some idiots will say, "If Pete didn't know, he should have," but still claim JW was innocent. You can't have it both ways.

I'm OK with slamming PC if you're man enough to admit JW should have had better tabs on his players, too. But as we've seen with one moron on this board, some people act like 10 year olds..."Well, the NCAA didn't find any wrong doing [while he was there], so it doesn't matter."
Bruin Fan

North Hollywood, CA

#12702 Aug 4, 2012
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Brother, his comments don't reflect ALL Bruins.
I for one am tired of the bullshyt.
As another "True Blue Bruin", I agree with you ole boy. We Bruins must stick together. As far as cheating goes I'm glad that you "Bruin Nation" will lead the petition to have all 10 of Coach John Wooden's tainted NCAA Basketball titles removed from The rafters and the record books....We Bruins are an honest group and will not stand for any title won with question marks. it is better to have none with honor than to boast of 10 done with cheating......Go Bruins!
Bruin Fan

North Hollywood, CA

#12704 Aug 5, 2012
We Bruins all piled in to Brew-In's lime green AMC Gremlin and went on a road trip to San Bernardino to cheer on our mighty gridiron troops. It was atrocious! Mora Jr screaming and cussing, the poor lads need a friend like Neuheisel not a dictator like Mora Jr. He must go......Go Bruins!

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#12705 Aug 5, 2012
Trojan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, of course they should have.
Some idiots will say, "If Pete didn't know, he should have," but still claim JW was innocent. You can't have it both ways.
I'm OK with slamming PC if you're man enough to admit JW should have had better tabs on his players, too. But as we've seen with one moron on this board, some people act like 10 year olds..."Well, the NCAA didn't find any wrong doing [while he was there], so it doesn't matter."
USC - with Carroll sanctions
UCLA - with JW no danctions. Nuff said.
Trojan

Pico Rivera, CA

#12706 Aug 5, 2012
Bummer about Matua.

RIP, Fred.

“We OWN L.A. Football”

Westwood

#12707 Aug 5, 2012
Trojan wrote:
Bummer about Matua.
RIP, Fred.
Former USC offensive lineman Fred Matua passed away Sunday morning at the age of 28.

Sources close to Matua said the cause of death was heart related. Matua had been hospitalized recently, and former teammates had taken to social media to ask for support and prayers.

WOW 28 yrs old R.I.P. Trojan

“UCLA - CHAMPIONS MADE HERE!”

Since: Aug 09

USC - WHERE CATFISH GRADUATE

#12708 Aug 5, 2012
Buahahaha is really my only reaction. This Bruin does not fold. This Bruin fights the battle...this Bruin is like a fighting rooster (not a cock), fights til he can't no more...this Bruin will prevail, alone or with allies...this Bruin will never compromise on the Bruin Principles...this Bruin is like no other, takes on one, and takes on all when he has to...this Bruin has no quit in him...this Bruin will prevail.

Long Live Bob Smith, he fought the fight til last breath.

Go Bruins!!
Bruin Fan

North Hollywood, CA

#12709 Aug 5, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
Buahahaha is really my only reaction. This Bruin does not fold. This Bruin fights the battle...this Bruin is like a fighting rooster (not a cock), fights til he can't no more...this Bruin will prevail, alone or with allies...this Bruin will never compromise on the Bruin Principles...this Bruin is like no other, takes on one, and takes on all when he has to...this Bruin has no quit in him...this Bruin will prevail.
Go Bruins!!
Fight Fire with fire!!!!......Go Bruins!
Trojan

Pico Rivera, CA

#12710 Aug 5, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
<quoted text>USC - with Carroll sanctions
UCLA - with JW no danctions. Nuff said.
JW, as much of a cheater as PC, if not more so. Only an idiot would claim otherwise.

As for Bob Smith...he was as much of a lying POS as you are. It's no wonder the two of you were so tight.
Bruin Fan

North Hollywood, CA

#12711 Aug 5, 2012
Bruin For Life wrote:
Go Bruins!!
I see your're heavy on the cannibis today ole boy. Quite the Bruin tradition started by The late great John Wooden and William Walton...Go bruins!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joshua Tree man jailed for fatal shooting of fr... (Apr '10) 58 min Big daddy 19
News Walmart workers protest wages, benefits at Onta... (Nov '13) 15 hr RiccardoFire 25
Reasons why San Bernardino does NOT suck. Thu Mike 1
Yucaipa passes Fontana in becoming #1 white tra... Wed Mike 1
18 did the 187 on gordon (Apr '13) Nov 27 Minority 2
News Crime and Public Safety, April 4 (Apr '10) Nov 18 Momsway123 4
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Nov 17 Battle Tested 4,837

Rancho Cucamonga Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rancho Cucamonga Mortgages