Second victim found in fatal 210 free...

Second victim found in fatal 210 freeway crash

There are 21 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Nov 19, 2010, titled Second victim found in fatal 210 freeway crash. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

A second person died as a result of the fiery crash involving a tractor trailer and several other vehicles on the 210 Freeway on Thursday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truck Driver in LongBeach

Long Beach, CA

#1 Nov 20, 2010
Sounds like the truck driver was potentially busy reading or sending a text. I can say this with decent authority, I'm a truck driver myself, and I see idiot truck drivers reading texts all day long.

3 or 4 times a day when I almost get clipped by a car, I can see they have a phone in their right hand, and this is a DAILY average. I get furious when i see other truckers do it, it's so senseless.

I hope they subpoena her phone record. People have to be accountable for their actions. And yes, I certainly could be wrong. But what else distracts a driver for 5-7 seconds? Not much.
fred flintstone

San Pedro, CA

#2 Nov 20, 2010
The TRuckres Don't Have a Leash on them like they do on Cars. they B.S. all day long and they Drive like it Also. See them Pull out and in front of traffic and there on the PHONE B.Sing with someone.

the Cops won't do anything about them as it will kill the Tax money they get from Business.

lets see a cop pull over a truck and ask for cell phone and see when the LAST Time they Were On PHONE.
(it Shows EVERYTHING on the Phone so Cop should know how much attention the Road is Given)

Don't Hold You Breath on that
Marlena

Glendora, CA

#3 Nov 20, 2010
Was the stupid bia tch on her cell phone or CB? Manslaughter charges should be filed - a big rig driver is able to see far ahead of traffic because of the elevated position the truck provides - so this fool was definitely not paying attention which is mandatory when you are driving a deadly weapon/bomb

Since: May 10

Montebello, CA

#4 Nov 20, 2010
she should be arrested and charges of at least second degree manslaughter should be filed. Stupidity should be a crime. A big rig is a lethal weapon
whatever

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 20, 2010
fred flintstone wrote:
The TRuckres Don't Have a Leash on them like they do on Cars. they B.S. all day long and they Drive like it Also. See them Pull out and in front of traffic and there on the PHONE B.Sing with someone.
the Cops won't do anything about them as it will kill the Tax money they get from Business.
lets see a cop pull over a truck and ask for cell phone and see when the LAST Time they Were On PHONE.
(it Shows EVERYTHING on the Phone so Cop should know how much attention the Road is Given)
This isn't just a truck driver issue!People behind the wheel need to pay attention at all times-that means NO phones,reading/looking for directions,or going too fast!!!I have seen so many cars just cut in front of these big trucks,hello they can't stop like cars.
Duarte Resident

Covina, CA

#6 Nov 20, 2010
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't just a truck driver issue!People behind the wheel need to pay attention at all times-that means NO phones,reading/looking for directions,or going too fast!!!I have seen so many cars just cut in front of these big trucks,hello they can't stop like cars.
I totally agree with you I see more people talking on their phones and driving like idiots not just onthe freeways but also on the streets. Truck drivers need to pay more attention to the roadway the same as everyone else, but even more so because they need a longer braking time than a car does. They have heavy loads behind them. The CHP needs to do their jobs better. I have even seen them talking on thier phones as they pass a driver talking on his/her phone. WTF do your jobs!
nameless

Mount Wilson, CA

#7 Nov 20, 2010
they should ban truckers from the 210 freeway. Had traffic jam bc they were moving houses on the 210 freeway in the freakin carpool lane. I had work that day too. Also had incident where rocks fly out from these damn trucks. Dented my car bc of this crap.
Really

Redmond, WA

#8 Nov 20, 2010
fred flintstone wrote:
You are obviously an idiot. What good is giving the police your phone unless that person is an idiot also. Have you never heard of deleting your texts or call log. Then the only way the police can see it is to subpoena the phone records. Dont hold your breath. WTF. I see CHP pulling over big rigs all the time. What rock are you under?
CT Worker

Lytle Creek, CA

#9 Nov 20, 2010
Cell phone use replaced drunk driving as the the number one cause of accidents in the United States. Someone needs to start a "Mothers Against Cell Phone Drivers" organization.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#10 Nov 20, 2010
I wonder why the trucker has not been charged? It sounds like manslaughter to me.
duh

East Irvine, CA

#11 Nov 20, 2010
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously an idiot. What good is giving the police your phone unless that person is an idiot also. Have you never heard of deleting your texts or call log. Then the only way the police can see it is to subpoena the phone records. Dont hold your breath.****. I see CHP pulling over big rigs all the time. What rock are you under?
While I agree with your first sentence, I don't really see a person being pulled over by CHP on a freeway, finding a safe way to the shoulder, coming to a stop, and putting hands on wheel as you're supposed to, AND in the meantime deleting all texts and call log. Most people are very flustered when pulled over, and wouldn't have the foresight/time to do that. And, they shouldn't. If you're talking/texting, take the punishment! We shouldn't be doing it (not to say I've never been guilty), any of us. Truck drivers really shouldn't.
And, I saw CHP with a truck pulled over near the site of the accident the morning this accident occurred. The truck that was next to me in the fast lane made a quick couple of lane changes to get over, knowing he wasn't supposed to be there.
gigi

Glendale, CA

#12 Nov 20, 2010
that is my family who was killed. so i hope not to see anyone insinuating that it was my uncle's fault. Police won't tell us it's him but he's been missing since then and everything matches exactly.
duh

United States

#13 Nov 20, 2010
gigi wrote:
that is my family who was killed. so i hope not to see anyone insinuating that it was my uncle's fault. Police won't tell us it's him but he's been missing since then and everything matches exactly.
I'm so, so sorry. I drive this stretch of the freeway every day, and was so saddened to hear of this accident, and shocked when I saw the video. Seeing the aftermath when I drove to work really drove it home, just how terrible this accident was.
I am so sorry for your family's loss.
MEE

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Nov 20, 2010
No arrests? What about the truck driver who killed a bunch of people?
rene

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Nov 20, 2010
how could a licensed big rig operator not be aware of traffic patterns on the 210 fwy at 6 p.m. on a week night? she sits up high, has a view far ahead of herself, etc, etc, etc. was she looking at the radio dial? using a cell phone?

maybe big rigs don't belong on our freeways during 'rush hours'? this is happening all too often.

heartfelt sympathies to all affected by this tragedy.
TooSmoggy

Visalia, CA

#16 Nov 20, 2010
Revoke this truckers license.No way can you sit up that high in a truck and not notice that traffic is stopping.My condolences to the families of the deceased.
TooSmoggy

Visalia, CA

#17 Nov 20, 2010
nameless wrote:
they should ban truckers from the 210 freeway. Had traffic jam bc they were moving houses on the 210 freeway in the freakin carpool lane. I had work that day too. Also had incident where rocks fly out from these damn trucks. Dented my car bc of this crap.
If they ban trucks from any freeway you will have no goods or services.May as well go live out in the country an make or raise your foods etc.F.Y.I.,the majority of the time it is automobiles that cut off truckers.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#18 Nov 21, 2010
Bust that stupid woman truck driver. I want her arrested. She is a murderer. Stupid fat b----h
Gig

Glendora, CA

#19 Nov 21, 2010
TooSmoggy wrote:
<quoted text>If they ban trucks from any freeway you will have no goods or services.May as well go live out in the country an make or raise your foods etc.****.Y.I.,the majority of the time it is automobiles that cut off truckers.
(S)He's actually got a pretty legitimate point. The quarry off of Baseline brings a lot of big rigs in. They don't tarp or cover their loads (which I'm pretty sure is illegal) while driving on the freeway, for the most part. I've had my windshield hit by pebbles and I've seen rocks the size of baseballs on the freeway dropped by the trucks. CHP needs to step it up on that stretch of highway.

I do know it's illegal for any vehicle to have leaks or objects flying off of it while traveling other than chicken feathers and water.
Mack

Altadena, CA

#20 Nov 21, 2010
So sad, but predictable. That time of evening the traffic is usually crawling around 30-40 MPH at the most. I am surprised she was even doing 55 MPH. It just takes way too long for trucks to stop. But people should have realized that the big rig traffic would worsen once the 15 was connected to the 210 FWY.

We obviously need trucks, but I wonder would more truck routes and lanes without regular cars be the answer? Most of the tie ups during rush hour seem to involve big rigs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 32,252
Chino Known DayCare Currently Under Investation... (Mar '12) Thu WOW 7
Poll east side pomona rifa (Mar '08) May 3 BigSixPeeS 260
List of all the tagging crews in Pomona?? (Apr '13) Apr 30 P always Activee 268
News Murder charges filed in Pomona shooting (Mar '09) Apr 29 Mikeyhelikesit 6
News Woman fatally shot in SB in front of two teen d... (May '10) Apr 17 Invisible guy 98
Walmart Supertore on Foothill and Miliken Apr 15 xDetoursx 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rancho Cucamonga Mortgages