Jury awards Upland woman $23.4M in Ford accident that left her ...

There are 60 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Feb 18, 2010, titled Jury awards Upland woman $23.4M in Ford accident that left her .... In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

A jury awarded an Upland woman $23.4 million Thursday in a civil judgment against Ford Motor Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Compak

Chino Hills, CA

#41 Feb 19, 2010
D_avid wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel schmeel!!! That lady has everything she needs(to have me)$$$$$$$
No offense but she is a millionaire,she can buy a 21 year old model from Brazil if she wanted to,average Joe's like us dont standa chance .

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#42 Feb 19, 2010
Compak wrote:
<quoted text>No offense but she is a millionaire,she can buy a 21 year old model from Brazil if she wanted to,average Joe's like us dont standa chance .
Well yeah, she could do that. But with all of that money she has now she can afford to upgrade and not settle for those 3rd World types.
So I guess I'm still in the running.
Upland Diva

Claremont, CA

#43 Feb 19, 2010
upland wino wrote:
I want Brian Brandt on my team!
With a name like that, you may need Mr Brandt!
Kenseth Fan

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#44 Feb 19, 2010
If anyone who posted above was in the courtroom and heard all the evidence, this is not directed at you.

It amazes me how people who only know the facts printed in a short newspaper article are so quick to give their opinion on how wrong the jury was in its verdict. The article gives a few lines on what each side argued during a six week trial. Yes, juries can make mistakes (ask any losing party to a lawsuit) but at least the opinion they gave today was based on hearing all the evidence and made after days of deliberation. And, to the person who said she probably only had the minimum insurance, what does this have to do with whether Ford was responsible for her injuries? How much medical do you carry on your policy and how long ago would it have run out if you were in her place?
Nikki Lanier

Hemet, CA

#45 Feb 20, 2010
Nikki was eating a blueberry pop tart in the kitchen, sitting cross-legged on the counter, when she heard a loud "Oww!" from Phylicia's room. That sounded like Chrissy, she thought, jumping off the counter and banging her foot against a trashcan. She hopped on one foot to the hallway and saw an alarm clock sail past her face.

"I thought you might have needed company! I swear!" Chris said, dodging a shoe. "Chrissy?" Nikki asked. Chris looked at her. A pillow smacked him. "What did you do?" Nikki asked as Phylicia slammed the door shut. She took a deep breath when she noticed he didn't have a shirt on, "And could you do it to me?" Chris pouted, "You wouldn't have minded, right?" He saw the look on her face and smiled, "of course you wouldn't have." Nikki turned away and headed upstairs to get dressed, looking back at Chris every few steps. He just laughed and shook his head, then when she was almost at the top she looked back again and tripped and rolled all the way down.
Brandt fan

Walnut, CA

#46 Feb 20, 2010
Upland Diva wrote:
<quoted text>
With a name like that, you may need Mr Brandt!
Good one! Mr. Brandt also owns a winery! Yummy!
Road Hog

Upland, CA

#47 Feb 20, 2010
Ford will win in appealate court. The award will be reduced. After the lawyers get their cut she'll get the 1.2 mil Ford offered in the first place. Sad.
Gimme a break

Murrieta, CA

#48 Feb 20, 2010
10 year old Ford Explorer (I wont even ride in one of these things) has a blowout. Everyone in the country knows these things are unsafe and have problems. She CHOSE to drive this junkyard candidate anyway and had an accident. Now she is a victim..... Boo Hoo. I bet she is out shopping for Pinto's and Corvairs now so she can let her family drive them and make them rich too. Where did they find this jury? Bet anyone who is a mechanic or a car buff was EXCLUDED from the jury.
MrReality

Ontario, CA

#49 Feb 20, 2010
The day one of my customer's cars has 4 evenly worn OR properly inflated tires will be a strange day indeed. 2/3 of the late model cars that come in have the tire pressure monitor light on, and no one cares.
Wasnt There

Fullerton, CA

#50 Feb 20, 2010
Her lawyer must be thrilled. He gets $8 million of it at least. Also if it were a GM or Chrysler there would be no law suit. When they went bankrupt they were freed from any lawsuits for defective cars.
bca1234

Oak Grove, MO

#51 Feb 20, 2010
can the jury sleep at night after they appear to have awarded that mich money for a worn out vehicle. sounds like California needs a vehicle safety inspection program so the crap cars are kept off the roads
Dagger in Neck

Chino Hills, CA

#52 Feb 21, 2010
D_avid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yeah, she could do that. But with all of that money she has now she can afford to upgrade and not settle for those 3rd World types.
So I guess I'm still in the running.
I'm sure those 3rd world types are better than the ANY 30+ American type.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#53 Feb 21, 2010
Dagger in Neck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure those 3rd world types are better than the ANY 30+ American type.
You must be stuck with a 3rd Worlder.
Monica Zamora

Fort Worth, TX

#54 Mar 4, 2010
I love you mama... God Blessed you and Nilla
TOYOTA COMMERCIAL

Hemet, CA

#56 Mar 11, 2010
TOYOTA (TAKING OFF LIKE A JACKRABBIT ON CRACK & UNSTOPABLE LIKE A TEXTING TRAIN CONDUCTER)(KILLING PEOPLE FASTER THAN THEY CAN FIND KIDS TO BUILD THERE JAPANESE DEATHTRAPS)
NOW OPEN BANK OF ZAMORA

Hemet, CA

#58 Mar 11, 2010
Hey monica let me barrow some money, b4 I sue for it.
big black balls

Hemet, CA

#60 Mar 12, 2010
call me gay boy!
Cathy

Calabasas, CA

#61 Mar 14, 2010
the verdict will be appealed.
uplanddluxurious

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#62 Apr 14, 2010
dang its crazy how most the people on here are haterz and stupid asses the first thing you should think about is life... why money and jury? what good is money if you cannot do what you want with it. trust me if you were in the situation she is now you would trade anything just to be able to walk. 23.4m come on this is nothing.. it doesnt last forever and then the struggle continues think before you write and say anything stupid
love you cynthiaa<3
upland woman

San Bernardino, CA

#63 Aug 13, 2012
man this lady's a joke i know her, i know her real good. in the streets she makes it out to be as if she was in need of this and that but little do you all know shes perfectly fine ! paralyzed but fine shes always complaining of pain CONSTANTLY so how is she paralyzed i thought ur not suppost to feel a thing ! dont know but jury and judge made wrong decision JUST SAYING!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chino Known DayCare Currently Under Investation... (Mar '12) 1 hr opo 4
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon tom wingo 29,765
List of all the tagging crews in Pomona?? (Apr '13) May 24 OG capone 227
News Around the Valley (Oct '07) May 24 E report 38
Poll east side pomona rifa (Mar '08) May 23 OG capone 250
Report Rogue Government Officials May 22 Neighbor 1
News In fight against gangs, Ontario has outpaced Po... (Jun '09) May 22 vfffgupl 69
More from around the web

Rancho Cucamonga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]