Cash-strapped Etiwanda band hopes for...

Cash-strapped Etiwanda band hopes for new uniforms

There are 16 comments on the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin story from Sep 23, 2010, titled Cash-strapped Etiwanda band hopes for new uniforms. In it, Inland Valley Daily Bulletin reports that:

The uniforms of the Etiwanda High School marching band have seen better days. Those days were 12 years ago, when the black and red outfits were fresh and snazzy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.

Shadow

Upland, CA

#1 Sep 23, 2010
Boohoo!
Bamboozled

Huntington Beach, CA

#2 Sep 23, 2010
What a shame! This band has a tremedous rich history and even the mere mention of the program being cancelled makes me very sad. I challenge the alumni, former band moms and dads, and people of Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana to step-up and support this class act of an organization!
Rufus T Firefly

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Hey, its tough news but welcome to the reality of a fallen economy brought about through progressives and their stupid way of approaching economics, that includes both democrats and republicans.
Tim

Dallas, TX

#5 Sep 24, 2010
It didn't help that some of their memebers embezzled money a few years ago either.
Doubter

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6 Sep 24, 2010
Bamboozled wrote:
What a shame! This band has a tremedous rich history and even the mere mention of the program being cancelled makes me very sad. I challenge the alumni, former band moms and dads, and people of Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana to step-up and support this class act of an organization!
While it is a shame that the economy and state budget issue is hurting schools and impacting such things as uniforms and travel for bands and other groups, THE BAND PROGRAM IS NOT IN DANGER OF BEING CANCELLED AT ETIWANDA OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL IN THE DISTRICT. THE BAND PROGRAM IS NOT IN DANGER OF BEING CANCELLED AT ETIWANDA OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL IN THE DISTRICT.
Not sure if you heard me but.....THE BAND PROGRAM IS NOT IN DANGER OF BEING CANCELLED AT ETIWANDA OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL IN THE DISTRICT.

This issue is certainly is a bump, but the sky is not falling.
Whatever U Say

Long Beach, CA

#7 Sep 24, 2010
Tim wrote:
It didn't help that some of their memebers embezzled money a few years ago either.
I never heard about this. I'm interested tell me more, is this something that is known?
Newcomer

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#8 Sep 24, 2010
The GOOD news is that these students are fortunate enough to travel to another country and display their talent. That in itself is an apportunity of a lifetime. Let's concentrate on what is GOOD!
Newcomer

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#9 Sep 24, 2010
*opportunity
scorp27

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#10 Sep 24, 2010
Sounds like a lot for uniforms but if they are truly needed the only answer is FUNDRAISING. The school district is strapped and unfortunately so are the citizens at this time. So good luck.
Maybe check with some large corporations for donations,like Target,Walmart or Home Depot, They seem to be doing good.
unknown

Manteca, CA

#11 Sep 24, 2010
The uniforms are not 12 years old!!! I wore them in highschool and I also wore the uniforms prior to those. I have only been out of school 8 years!! At most they are going on their 10th season!
no mula

United States

#12 Sep 24, 2010
There are alot of more important thing we need to be concerned about than stupid uniforms........get real! Perform in jeans and matching t-shirts! You were warned what would happen if obama became president.........but you didnt listen!!!!
Tim

Dallas, TX

#13 Sep 29, 2010
I don't want to say names because well, that's just messed up. but one of the parents who was in charge of the money used some of it for personal things such as groceries, gas, ect. Either way that shows what kind of people have been in control of the money. And the only people have to blame are those running things. That sucks you can't wear your best uniform, but if it doesn't matter to Jesus what you wear, it shoudn't matter what some Limey Freak in England thinks.
Proud Alumni Parent

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#14 Sep 29, 2010
The challenge is out there. An Alumni member from 1995 pledged $10.OO and challenged 5 Alumni friends to do the same. This is a great way for the band to reach this goal. Thank you !!! I'm sending my donation to The Etiwanda Marching Eagle Regiment today.

Proud Alumni Parent

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#15 Sep 29, 2010
Doubter wrote:
<quoted text>
While it is a shame that the economy and state budget issue is hurting schools and impacting such things as uniforms and travel for bands and other groups, THE BAND PROGRAM IS NOT IN DANGER OF BEING CANCELLED AT ETIWANDA OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL IN THE DISTRICT. THE BAND PROGRAM IS NOT IN DANGER OF BEING CANCELLED AT ETIWANDA OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL IN THE DISTRICT.
Not sure if you heard me but.....THE BAND PROGRAM IS NOT IN DANGER OF BEING CANCELLED AT ETIWANDA OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL IN THE DISTRICT.
This issue is certainly is a bump, but the sky is not falling.
I am happy to hear that the program is not in danger of being eliminated. I hope that you are a CJUSB Member and we can be confident that this will not happen. I understand that cut backs affect everyone in the California school system. I don't believe the article was written to be "the sky is falling" story.
EHS parent

Upland, CA

#16 Sep 29, 2010
There are more important things to raise money for in the educational arena than band uniforms.
Band Kid

Bellflower, CA

#17 Dec 2, 2012
EHS parent wrote:
There are more important things to raise money for in the educational arena than band uniforms.
The band raises their own money to purchase/alter uniforms, instruments, props, etc. The uniforms haven't even been replaced since the band first started, this could be at or before 1994. Despite this, many, if not all, of the uniforms are still in great shape. The only thing the director asks of the school is CLASSROOM necessities, as all teachers do. Marching band, however, IS an educational activity. It's an extra curricular activity/performing art, but at least it's more educational than football.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rancho Cucamonga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,267
Add me on snapchat naughty ladies ;) May 26 Bigpackage 1
News Try home remedies for neuropathy (Mar '08) May 24 Bruce 224
List of all the tagging crews in Pomona?? (Apr '13) May 24 GhettoxGanG 274
Review: Academy Automotive (Jul '09) May 23 divineattraction 92
Carrizosa Caught Lying About Measure Y Message ... May 22 Hmg-cn 1
News 'War Dad' dies young in L.A. alley (Aug '10) May 21 Laurie chavez 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rancho Cucamonga Mortgages