Parental Alienation Awareness Day and...

Parental Alienation Awareness Day and Child Abuse Prevention Month

Posted in the Raleigh Forum

United States

#1 Apr 21, 2011
"Manipulating the child to reject the targeted parent - such as withdrawing love or making child feel guilty for having a relationship with other parent; forcing the child to choose between his or her parents; creating conflict between the child and the other parent; encouraging dependency on him or herself; interrogating the child after visits with the other parent; providing inappropriate information to the child (details of the marriage, divorce, finances, or court); or allowing child to decide whether to be with the parent when the schedule has been contractually specified"

Read the rest of this article at:
Gunnar Nelson

Wake Forest, NC

#3 Apr 22, 2011
I do this all the time. I feed my kids dog food when I run out of chicken bites.

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Apr 23, 2011
April 25th is Parental Alienation Awareness Day

Parents who try to alienate their child from his or her other parent convey a three-part message to the child:(1) I am the only parent who loves you and you need me to feel good about yourself,(2) the other parent is dangerous and unavailable, and (3) pursuing a relationship with that parent jeopardizes your relationship with me.

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Apr 23, 2011
Eight characteristic behaviors commonly exhibited by children who have succumbed to the pressure of the alienating parent

(1) Campaign of denigration against the targeted parent. The child becomes obsessed with hatred of the targeted parent

(2) Weak, frivolous, and absurd rationalizations for the depreciation of the targeted parent. The objections made in the campaign of denigration are often not of the magnitude that would lead a child to hate a parent

(3) The child expresses no ambivalence about the alienating parent, demonstrating an automatic, reflexive, idealized support of him or her.

(4) The child strongly asserts that the decision to reject the other parent is her own. This is what is known as the “Independent Thinker” phenomenon.

(5) Absence of guilt about the treatment of the targeted parent. Alienated children will make statements such as,“He doesn’t deserve to see me.”

(6) Reflexive support for the alienating parent in the parental conflict. There is no willingness or attempt to be impartial when faced with inter-parental conflicts.

(7) Use of borrowed scenarios. These children often make accusations towards the targeted parent that utilize phrases and ideas adopted wholesale from the alienating parent.

(8) The hatred of the targeted parent spreads to his or her extended family. Not only is the targeted parent denigrated, despised, and avoided but so too are his/her entire family. Formerly beloved grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are suddenly avoided and rejected. When children exhibit these 8 behaviors the most likely explanation is the manipulation of the favored parent.

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Apr 23, 2011
Parental Alienation / high conflict resources on the Internet:

Parental Alienation Awareness Organization

Hostile Aggressive Parenting

Break through parenting

Stop Parental Alienation of Children

Split in Two

Parental Alienation Support

Parental Alienation Awareness Organization - United States

A Family's Heartbreak

Dr. J. Michael Bone

Dr. Richard A. Warshak

Dr. Amy J. Baker

Fathers and Families

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Apr 23, 2011
Resources on Facebook

Parental Alienation and Hostile Aggressive Parenting Resource Group

J Michael Bone, PhD - Parental Alienation

Eradication of Parental Alienation Syndrome

Fight and STOP Parental Alienation

Parental Alienation is child Abuse

Shared Parenting as opposed to Parental Alienation

Families Need Fathers

PAS- Parental alienation syndrome

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raleigh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know 21 hr honestwomen12e 18
Raleigh Police officer James Rollins (Sep '11) Nov 24 ArtisJ 4
Is Officer James Rollins very bright? (Sep '11) Nov 24 ArtisJ 11
The love of my life Jon (May '15) Nov 23 Banging Bob 87
If u know him Nov 21 honestwomen12e 1
Our Temple offers hope and healing Nov 20 Eternal Truth 8
Buh Bye all you IBM Employees (Feb '11) Nov 20 Happy Holidays 90
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raleigh Mortgages