Parental Alienation Awareness Day and Child Abuse Prevention Month
Posted in the Raleigh Forum
#1 Apr 21, 2011
"Manipulating the child to reject the targeted parent - such as withdrawing love or making child feel guilty for having a relationship with other parent; forcing the child to choose between his or her parents; creating conflict between the child and the other parent; encouraging dependency on him or herself; interrogating the child after visits with the other parent; providing inappropriate information to the child (details of the marriage, divorce, finances, or court); or allowing child to decide whether to be with the parent when the schedule has been contractually specified"
Read the rest of this article at: http://theattachedfamily.com/membersonly/...
#3 Apr 22, 2011
I do this all the time. I feed my kids dog food when I run out of chicken bites.
#4 Apr 23, 2011
April 25th is Parental Alienation Awareness Day
Parents who try to alienate their child from his or her other parent convey a three-part message to the child:(1) I am the only parent who loves you and you need me to feel good about yourself,(2) the other parent is dangerous and unavailable, and (3) pursuing a relationship with that parent jeopardizes your relationship with me.
#5 Apr 23, 2011
Eight characteristic behaviors commonly exhibited by children who have succumbed to the pressure of the alienating parent
(1) Campaign of denigration against the targeted parent. The child becomes obsessed with hatred of the targeted parent
(2) Weak, frivolous, and absurd rationalizations for the depreciation of the targeted parent. The objections made in the campaign of denigration are often not of the magnitude that would lead a child to hate a parent
(3) The child expresses no ambivalence about the alienating parent, demonstrating an automatic, reflexive, idealized support of him or her.
(4) The child strongly asserts that the decision to reject the other parent is her own. This is what is known as the “Independent Thinker” phenomenon.
(5) Absence of guilt about the treatment of the targeted parent. Alienated children will make statements such as,“He doesn’t deserve to see me.”
(6) Reflexive support for the alienating parent in the parental conflict. There is no willingness or attempt to be impartial when faced with inter-parental conflicts.
(7) Use of borrowed scenarios. These children often make accusations towards the targeted parent that utilize phrases and ideas adopted wholesale from the alienating parent.
(8) The hatred of the targeted parent spreads to his or her extended family. Not only is the targeted parent denigrated, despised, and avoided but so too are his/her entire family. Formerly beloved grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are suddenly avoided and rejected. When children exhibit these 8 behaviors the most likely explanation is the manipulation of the favored parent.
#6 Apr 23, 2011
Parental Alienation / high conflict resources on the Internet:
Parental Alienation Awareness Organization
Hostile Aggressive Parenting
Break through parenting
Stop Parental Alienation of Children
Split in Two
Parental Alienation Support
Parental Alienation Awareness Organization - United States
A Family's Heartbreak
Dr. J. Michael Bone
Dr. Richard A. Warshak
Dr. Amy J. Baker
Fathers and Families
#8 Apr 23, 2011
Resources on Facebook
Parental Alienation and Hostile Aggressive Parenting Resource Group
J Michael Bone, PhD - Parental Alienation
Eradication of Parental Alienation Syndrome
Fight and STOP Parental Alienation
Parental Alienation is child Abuse
Shared Parenting as opposed to Parental Alienation
Families Need Fathers
PAS- Parental alienation syndrome
Add your comments below
|Does anyone know||21 hr||honestwomen12e||18|
|Raleigh Police officer James Rollins (Sep '11)||Nov 24||ArtisJ||4|
|Is Officer James Rollins very bright? (Sep '11)||Nov 24||ArtisJ||11|
|The love of my life Jon (May '15)||Nov 23||Banging Bob||87|
|If u know him||Nov 21||honestwomen12e||1|
|Our Temple offers hope and healing||Nov 20||Eternal Truth||8|
|Buh Bye all you IBM Employees (Feb '11)||Nov 20||Happy Holidays||90|
Find what you want!
Search Raleigh Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC