Planning to relocate to North Carolina

Planning to relocate to North Carolina

Posted in the Raleigh Forum

Since: Jan 10

Ocala, FL

#1 Jan 30, 2010
Me and my son are planning on relocating to North Carolina in the end of May. We were applying for jobs online in Raleigh, Charlotte, and Greensville.

I am searching for a position in the dept of corrections or the juvenile justice dept as a detention officer. My son is looking for something in landscaping, construction,Sales.

Can anyone advise us on which area's to relocate to? We are looking to move into an apartment first, before purchasing a home.

Looking to reside in a nice, quiet neighborhood, with friendly people, shopping malls, jobs, county fairs,parks, musuems, no heavy traffic,ect..

We need a change of pace the jobs here in Florida are dissapearing and people are leaving by the droves, a nice place to live, but the economy is not at all good. Thanks for any advice given.
jay

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Jan 31, 2010
Don't move to NC. You won't find a job there. Unemployment rate is double digits. The cities are too small for a NYC girl to be comfortable, the people are too folksy. I found NC just wanted my money for rent, car registration which is outrageous, and state taxes on any temporary work over $5,000. I moved back to Florida and never been happier. Stay put.
Newyorkcitygirl

Ocala, FL

#3 Jan 31, 2010
jay wrote:
Don't move to NC. You won't find a job there. Unemployment rate is double digits. The cities are too small for a NYC girl to be comfortable, the people are too folksy. I found NC just wanted my money for rent, car registration which is outrageous, and state taxes on any temporary work over $5,000. I moved back to Florida and never been happier. Stay put.
Thanks for your input. It means alot from someone who has resided in Florida. We haven't made a decision as of yet. Still waiting to hear from the places of employment. Are the taxes there really high? what part of North Carolina did you reside in? How long did you live there? we are still debating on whether or not to go...so thanks for your advice. The funny thing is..your the third person to say stay put.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raleigh Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where are the strip clubs? 13 hr hey 1
The love of my life Jon Fri AshleyOgus 41
Do you need urgent and legitimate loan (May '13) Aug 27 caroline 25
"The Impact of North Carolina's Private Bail In... (Dec '14) Aug 27 Amy Snow 60
Turn Signals Aug 24 Jon B Mulch 2
WIC Program To Change Aug 23 Jon B Mulch 2
do not call list is worthless (Feb '15) Aug 21 AshleyOgus 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raleigh Mortgages