Joan Browning Rainelle Community Deve...

Joan Browning Rainelle Community Development Corporation

Posted in the Rainelle Forum

Informative

United States

#1 Mar 28, 2013
Browning’s elitism shows
Dear Editor:
Over the years I have been somewhat bemused by Joan Browning’s self-centered egotistical tirades, passed off as editorials wherever she can get them published. Her pompous, self-righteous attitude (How many accounts have we heard of her “martyrdom” during her youth when she was involved in about every political and social movement of the day? Real heroes don’t need to overwhelm others with constant rantings about their “heroic” deeds. The true hero, mentioned in the same Messenger edition, Thomas Clifford, maintained a humble demeanor despite the magnitude of what he accomplished).
Now she expresses her wisdom and expertise on matters pertaining to town meetings and the sociological and psychological cultural differences in our society, stating,“In another commentary some day I intend to wax philosophical about the wisdom of country people as compared to the herd mentality of city dwellers.”
As a result of this statement I am no longer bemused, as evidenced by this letter. Ms. Browning’s opinion reflects an attitude that is commonly referred to as elitism and in my mind, perhaps is one of the more dangerous attitudes that one can have who seeks to place him or herself in influential positions in society.
Perhaps it’s time Ms. Browning learned the meaning of another word – humility.
In closing, all I can say is thank the voters of Greenbrier County for not electing her to the governmental positions she has pursued.

Excerpts from Mountain Messenger 9-5-09 page 5A
more info

United States

#2 Mar 29, 2013
Here's one of her long term failures, see the incomplete website and the project that never got done at: www.bollingarts.com
I am famous

United States

#3 Mar 30, 2013
She's a legend in her own mind.
rogue truthsayer

United States

#4 Apr 2, 2013
Nobody cares about or believes in her except herself. She thinks she's a visionary, a wise and unequaled intellectual looking down on the common, annoying people that aren't worth her bother. Evil b*tch.
curious cat

United States

#5 Apr 5, 2013
It's interesting that no one seems bothered that this woman and the mayor are trying to take over Rainelle. Maybe Joan Browning is just THAT uninteresting!
Apathy

Liberty, WV

#6 Apr 14, 2013
curious cat wrote:
It's interesting that no one seems bothered that this woman and the mayor are trying to take over Rainelle. Maybe Joan Browning is just THAT uninteresting!
Do we care if someone takes over Rainelle? Let them have it, I say.
Got that right

United States

#7 Apr 14, 2013
Who gives a crap about a run down piece of sh*t town like Rainelle! They can keep it and finish running it into the ground.
Apathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we care if someone takes over Rainelle? Let them have it, I say.
Days Gone By

United States

#8 Apr 17, 2013
The good times are gone for Rainelle. It's the Joan Browning/Andy Pendleton take over times ahead. That is for sure. Get out your wallet, cause Andy has her hand in every citizens pocket with her 501c3 buddy Joan. Take from the rich and keep it should be their motto.
wowwee

United States

#9 Apr 25, 2013
the egomaniac is supposed to be in rainelle today. go on out to town hall and meet the legend in her own mind.
1 post removed
maphestipholus

Lewisburg, WV

#11 Jun 9, 2013
Aren't they a part of the non-profit (RCDC)
Rainelle Community Development Corporation; and aren't "they" looking for donations of money, land or anything of value?
Information

United States

#12 Jun 9, 2013
Yes, that is Joan Browning, Rainelle Community Development Corporation. Be careful if you choose to donate, since they routinely run donations through without accountability for their spending. Definitely would not pass an audit of 501 C3 regulations. You'll be extremely lucky to have a conversation with Browning for anything OTHER THAN wrenching a donation out of you! She can't be bothered and doesn't have time to speak to anyone "beneath her". She has designated herself "special assistant to the Mayor", but she is not elected, nor was her pay of $1 a year voted on by the town council. She's not often in Rainelle, although she's tried to represent her website as Rainelle's "Official" site. It's all smoke and mirrors and if you ask anyone that's dealt with her on a regular basis if she's a professional and easy to work with for the good of Rainelle and you will hear many tales of her rude, arrogant behavior, submitting press releases and necessary paperwork beyond deadlines, always late for meetings, that is, if she shows up at all, which, unless Jim Justice, Tomblin, or Manchin is there, she's a no show. She represents herself and her corporation as being much larger and more effective than it is, by miles. She is truly a legend, only in her own mind. Then there are the scathing reprimands she makes of volunteers which are inaccurate and unnecessary, purely driven by her need to dominate and criticize. Despicable.
maphestipholus wrote:
Aren't they a part of the non-profit (RCDC)
Rainelle Community Development Corporation; and aren't "they" looking for donations of money, land or anything of value?
maphestipholus

Lewisburg, WV

#13 Jun 12, 2013
Information wrote:
Yes, that is Joan Browning, Rainelle Community Development Corporation. Be careful if you choose to donate, since they routinely run donations through without accountability for their spending. Definitely would not pass an audit of 501 C3 regulations. You'll be extremely lucky to have a conversation with Browning for anything OTHER THAN wrenching a donation out of you! She can't be bothered and doesn't have time to speak to anyone "beneath her". She has designated herself "special assistant to the Mayor", but she is not elected, nor was her pay of $1 a year voted on by the town council. She's not often in Rainelle, although she's tried to represent her website as Rainelle's "Official" site. It's all smoke and mirrors and if you ask anyone that's dealt with her on a regular basis if she's a professional and easy to work with for the good of Rainelle and you will hear many tales of her rude, arrogant behavior, submitting press releases and necessary paperwork beyond deadlines, always late for meetings, that is, if she shows up at all, which, unless Jim Justice, Tomblin, or Manchin is there, she's a no show. She represents herself and her corporation as being much larger and more effective than it is, by miles. She is truly a legend, only in her own mind. Then there are the scathing reprimands she makes of volunteers which are inaccurate and unnecessary, purely driven by her need to dominate and criticize. Despicable. <quoted text>
It would appear someone should request a 501C3 audit.
what does your name mean

United States

#14 Jun 18, 2013
Your posting name is interesting, but I couldn't find a definition for it. The only reference I could find was mEphestipholus, is it related?
maphestipholus wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear someone should request a 501C3 audit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rainelle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
l know what you did 2 hr Beatless Bongo Bingo 11
Does anyone know "Doug Gill"? 2 hr Beatless Bongo Bingo 15
Shooting 4 hr Andrea Martin 6
Rhodetta adkins the 2nd post 6 hr Princeton 97
cheating liars 16 hr Win dixie 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Sat Wotan 4,142
Dregs of society (Mar '16) Jun 23 Tasha 8

Rainelle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rainelle Mortgages