No Name

Winston Salem, NC

#1 Nov 1, 2010
I seen on WSAZ there has finally been an arrest made in connection to a murder case of a very good fellow from the rainelle area.
anon

Princeton, WV

#2 Nov 1, 2010
BECKLEY, W.Va (WSAZ)- A Rainelle man is awaiting trial after being arrested and charged with a hunting-related shooting death of a man from Greenbrier County.

West Virginia Division of Natural Resources says Jerry Lee Scarles has been charged in Greenbrier County Magistrate Court with negligent killing of another person while hunting, a misdemeanor.

This after 50-year-old Clarence Stroud was found shot to death in the woods back in October 2009.

The incident happened near Springdale, in Fayette County.

Scarles was released on a $10,000 recognizance bond.

Keep clicking on wsaz.com for the latest.
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Arrest_Mad...
sad

Lewisburg, WV

#3 Nov 15, 2010
This is so sad that someone can kill someone else (a wonderful man at that) and then wait a year before coming forword. Its sad and sick, a hunting accident what a joke.
also

Princeton, WV

#4 Nov 15, 2010
No doubt he will have to live with this for the rest of his life, but what a waste on tax payers money as well as the pain that others suffered as they were being blamed for this crime! And a misdemeanor? How do you kill someone, lie about it, cost tax payers money, cause innocent families to suffer and your bond is $10,000.00 that he stood good for?? Sure goes to show that it is ALL in who you are and who you know!! Others that committed lesser crimes would love to have this type of service!!
Answer

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Nov 16, 2010
I would be more afraid of when i would have to answer to my heavenly father for such behavior

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6 Nov 17, 2010
Very sad
No words

Davis, WV

#7 Nov 17, 2010
This is just an unbelievable mess. A man lost his life. He is absent from his families table for every holiday and another man has to live with this. There will be no justice that can fix this but to say we own our actions and at least the truth is owed to the people who has suffered and will continue to do so. I agree how did u know you were guility and you let all these other people suffer being accused. As I said what a mess
Prayer is Gods answer. What is mans answer?
Tis

Madison, WV

#8 Nov 18, 2010
Do everyone of you know that C.E. was his brother-in-law, so yes it was probably an accident they have been friends for years went all through schol togeter and sports together so please know what you are talking about before you RUN OFF at the MOUTH!!!
confused

Davis, WV

#9 Nov 18, 2010
Tis wrote:
Do everyone of you know that C.E. was his brother-in-law, so yes it was probably an accident they have been friends for years went all through schol togeter and sports together so please know what you are talking about before you RUN OFF at the MOUTH!!!
With all due respect it has been a year. There are a lot of unanswered questions. Many people were accused and he allowed that to go on we all feared for our loved one to go into the woods because we didnt know who shot this man in an open field in plain view. I do understand how terrible this is to have one family member dead and another responsible and my heart breaks for them all but we all have to admit that none of this adds up. Where else could you have an entire year to own your actions and no doubt living with it is a terrible cross to bare but thats not the way things like this need to be handled.
As far as people running off at the mouth I think everyone has been very kind and respectful. Do you know of anyother case handled in this way?
sad

Lewisburg, WV

#10 Nov 18, 2010
Tis wrote:
I don't care if it was the pope who did it! It is wrong that a man went free for a year without turning himself in. If it truly was an ACCIDENT then why didn't he call 911 and attempt to help the man he shot to death? And again He spent a year with his family while another man was dead. You honestly think they were good friends? I don't know about you but if I had shot my friend in a hunting accident I would have called 911 and told them exactly what happened HOW COULD YOU NOT ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY WERE "FAMILY"
Really sad

Lewisburg, WV

#11 Nov 19, 2010
sad wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if it was the pope who did it! It is wrong that a man went free for a year without turning himself in. If it truly was an ACCIDENT then why didn't he call 911 and attempt to help the man he shot to death? And again He spent a year with his family while another man was dead. You honestly think they were good friends? I don't know about you but if I had shot my friend in a hunting accident I would have called 911 and told them exactly what happened HOW COULD YOU NOT ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY WERE "FAMILY"
What is sad is this.... this man should be PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty! Who among you KNOW he is guilty? Perhaps he was able to "live with it" because he did NOT do it. Judge not or you too shall be judged....
Tired of all the talk

Summersville, WV

#12 Nov 22, 2010
Not one of you on here know the facts. He didn't turn himself in after one year. He was arrested because, if any of you know the law, there is a 365 day statute of limitations on misdemeanor chages, which means the police have 365 days from the date of the incident to file criminal charges. They have no proof whatsoever that he did it, they just wanted to file charges against someone within the time frame. He didn't turn himself in and as for living with himself all this time, he can do that because he and his entire family knows he is innocent. And to you "Sad in Lewisburg"....do you know that he did call 911 and attempted CPR? Yes, he did! So please for the sake of this great family....stop all the nonsense. You are only speculating and assuming things that you have no real information about. I love this family and they do not need any more problems from idiots running their mouths about things they no nothing of. Thank you!
Really sad

Lewisburg, WV

#13 Nov 22, 2010
Tired of all the talk wrote:
Not one of you on here know the facts. He didn't turn himself in after one year. He was arrested because, if any of you know the law, there is a 365 day statute of limitations on misdemeanor chages, which means the police have 365 days from the date of the incident to file criminal charges. They have no proof whatsoever that he did it, they just wanted to file charges against someone within the time frame. He didn't turn himself in and as for living with himself all this time, he can do that because he and his entire family knows he is innocent. And to you "Sad in Lewisburg"....do you know that he did call 911 and attempted CPR? Yes, he did! So please for the sake of this great family....stop all the nonsense. You are only speculating and assuming things that you have no real information about. I love this family and they do not need any more problems from idiots running their mouths about things they no nothing of. Thank you!
AMEN!!!!! well said and so true!
just wondering

United States

#14 Dec 1, 2010
Didn't he confess?? And why was he NOT charged as a felon?
Tired of all the talk

Summersville, WV

#15 Dec 2, 2010
No. He did not confess. And the charge was a misdemeanor. They cannot charge him with a felony because there is NO EVIDENCE against him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rainelle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tip top 4 hr lucy 6
can i still trust you after all the changes? 7 hr DIRTY ROTTEN OLD MAN 3
The truth/for true an cruel posters 16 hr ricky 11
this is ricky iam always walking in town so whe... 17 hr bring it waiting 2
Amara W./ Erased All my post/Turns/Cruel/etc May 20 Eternal truth 12
Drugs at city park May 20 Dan 5
Austin Odell (Jan '13) May 19 Mew 19
More from around the web

Rainelle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE