First Prev
of 3
Next Last
conserned

Lewisburg, WV

#1 Mar 2, 2013
I would like to know if ANYONE knows the "ins and outs" of the WV open carry laws. I would love to hear from any Greenbrier County deputies or maybe even the Sheriff! What is legal and what isn't?
simple

Pearisburg, VA

#2 Mar 3, 2013
conserned wrote:
I would like to know if ANYONE knows the "ins and outs" of the WV open carry laws. I would love to hear from any Greenbrier County deputies or maybe even the Sheriff! What is legal and what isn't?
they swore an oath to the contitution 2nd amendment you have the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed If they deny you this god given right that is protected by the constitution that they took an oath to uphold then they are guilty of perjury which the sentence for this and treason is prison and or death
Law

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Mar 3, 2013
conserned wrote:
Aint no such thing. If you gonna open it, you had better drink it, but please don't carry it open, Barney will give you a night in the slammer and that aint good.
i open carry

Lewisburg, WV

#4 Mar 3, 2013
firearm must be visible from 3 sides front side and behind your body. clip may be loaded but you can not have a round in the chamber. you can not open carry at night because its concidered concealed in the dark. in a vehichle the gun must be unloaded. the gun must be in full open view. you must seperate the pistol and the clip by such distance that u can not reach both at the same time. if an officer approaches your vehichle you must tell them you are in possesion of a firearm. it will make your life easier if you get a ccp if you can afford it which is wats stopping me. hope this help info obtained from the rainelle cheif of police. if you need more info just talk to an officer they will be happy to help. p.s. you probably know this but just to make sure. no carry into federal or state or municipal builings or grounds school or school grounds state or regional jail grounds medical facilities such as hospitals and clinics churches any buisness with no carry signs and any property owned by the city chaleston parkersberg hinton glenneville or morgantown
I hate people

Lewisburg, WV

#5 Mar 6, 2013
i open carry wrote:
firearm must be visible from 3 sides front side and behind your body. clip may be loaded but you can not have a round in the chamber. you can not open carry at night because its concidered concealed in the dark. in a vehichle the gun must be unloaded. the gun must be in full open view. you must seperate the pistol and the clip by such distance that u can not reach both at the same time. if an officer approaches your vehichle you must tell them you are in possesion of a firearm. it will make your life easier if you get a ccp if you can afford it which is wats stopping me. hope this help info obtained from the rainelle cheif of police. if you need more info just talk to an officer they will be happy to help. p.s. you probably know this but just to make sure. no carry into federal or state or municipal builings or grounds school or school grounds state or regional jail grounds medical facilities such as hospitals and clinics churches any buisness with no carry signs and any property owned by the city chaleston parkersberg hinton glenneville or morgantown
...actually, you are WRONG! consult your local county sheriff. If you read and understand WV state law, you local sheriff is "THE HIGHEST LAW!" State, city or federal authorities can not supersede the word of your local sheriff... And as far as I know, after asking my local sheriff, and consulting the WV State Police website, "Q. Is it lawful to carry weapons (e.g. rifles, shotguns, and pistols) in my vehicle when I travel in West Virginia?

A. Individuals who possess a valid concealed carry permit may carry a concealed handgun in a motor vehicle for purpose of self defense only. West Virginia permits anyone who can lawfully possess a handgun to carry an unconcealed handgun. If you choose to carry an unconcealed handgun in your vehicle and are stopped by a law-enforcement officer, you must understand that that the weapon will immediately attract the attention of the police officer. The presence of the weapon may lead to action by the officer to ensure his or her safety such as the drawing of his or her weapon, ordering you from the vehicle, and/or performing a pat-down search. Weapons intended for hunting must be unloaded and in a case when transported in a vehicle. It is strongly recommended that, if you do not have a valid concealed carry permit, while traveling in a vehicle, that all firearms be unloaded and cased in a location in the vehicle that is not readily accessible to any of the occupants. Any ammunition should be stored in a separate location from the firearm" this info can be obtained from here: http://www.statepolice.wv.gov/about/Pages/Leg...
I hate people

Lewisburg, WV

#6 Mar 6, 2013
if you've EVER had someone get into your vehicle while you AND your children were present and you felt MORE than helpless to do anything about it, then you will understand the need to carry a firearm in your vehicle whether you choose to conceal it, or not.....
HEY_STUPID

Lewisburg, WV

#7 Mar 6, 2013
i open carry wrote:
what if you are carrying a REVOLVER??!! HUH??!! IT DON'T HAVE A CLIP AND THERE is ALWAYS A CHAMBERED ROUND!!!!!! YOU ARE A MOH-RON!!!!!! THAT'S WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOUR DUMB ASS DON'T MAKE GUN LAWS!!!!!!! AND THE CITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS: CHARLESTON, DUNBAR AND MARTINSVILLE!!!!!! YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT!!!!!!!! TEE HEE!!!!!
HEY_STUPID

Lewisburg, WV

#8 Mar 6, 2013
WV state law says that those are the only 3 towns that were grandfathered into the pre-exemption gun laws ans that no county or municipality is able to change the laws pertaining to guns and that no county or municipality can change the laws pertaining to gun powder to make it unlawful to own ammunition for an firearm...... check your law books MOH-RON......
you caint fix stupid

Lewisburg, WV

#9 Mar 6, 2013
Law wrote:
<quoted text>Aint no such thing. If you gonna open it, you had better drink it, but please don't carry it open, Barney will give you a night in the slammer and that aint good.
...we are talkin about GUNS here you fu<king idiot!!! SHUT UP!!!! YOU'RE STUPID!!!!!
i open carry

Lewisburg, WV

#10 Mar 7, 2013
HEY_STUPID wrote:
<quoted text> what if you are carrying a REVOLVER??!! HUH??!! IT DON'T HAVE A CLIP AND THERE is ALWAYS A CHAMBERED ROUND!!!!!! YOU ARE A MOH-RON!!!!!! THAT'S WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOUR DUMB ASS DON'T MAKE GUN LAWS!!!!!!! AND THE CITIES ARE AS FOLLOWS: CHARLESTON, DUNBAR AND MARTINSVILLE!!!!!! YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT!!!!!!!! TEE HEE!!!!!
as far as revolvers are concered i do not know the regulations because i do not own one so i have had no need to research the law for them. i was explaining open carry for a handgun only which the state recognizes as a different type of firearm than a revolver. all the info i provided was obtained directly from law enforcement offiers.
HEY_STUPID

Lewisburg, WV

#11 Mar 7, 2013
http://www.statepolice.wv.gov/about/Pages/Leg... ... GO HERE!!!! READ THIS!!!! THIS IS DOCUMENTED INFO FROM A STATE GOVERNMENT WEBSITE!!!! THIS IS ADMISSIBLE IN COURT!!!! DON'T LET ANYONE TRY TO TAKE YOUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS FROM YOU OR YOUR RIGHT TO OPEN CARRY IN THE STATE OF W BY-GOD V!!!!!!
Another two cents

Lewisburg, WV

#12 Apr 15, 2013
I exercised my right to "open carry" today... I walked into a convenience store to purchase my regular, daily products. I noticed that right before I walked in, a state trooper in an un-marked vehicle had gone in before me. he went to the restroom. I picked up my items and stood in line to pay for them and was nervous because I knew he would be coming from the restroom and would see my sidearm. I had talked to several law-enforcement officers before this and they all told me that open-carry was ok. still I was nervous.... the officer DID eventually walk from the restroom and I could see from the corner of my eye(as I was trying NOT to make eye contact that would make him uneasy) that he was taken back by my weapon. BUT, he did not flinch, he hesitated a little and then he nodded to me and said,"How ya doin?" I responded and that was that. BUT... as I walked from the store I noticed him watching me from the window.... I did what I always do and removed the pistol from my side and placed it on the dash for all to see..... ANYWAY, the officer was professional and DID NOT harass me as YOUTUBE would have believe.... I know that he watched me only because of all the gun violence that the media has pushed on us. he did his job... he allowed me my 2nd amendment right...... and he also made sure that the others around him were safe.... good job officer!!!! this happened at LG in Charmco. I don't know the officer's name, but I would like to thank him anyway.....
conserned

Lewisburg, WV

#13 Apr 15, 2013
simple wrote:
<quoted text>they swore an oath to the contitution 2nd amendment you have the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed If they deny you this god given right that is protected by the constitution that they took an oath to uphold then they are guilty of perjury which the sentence for this and treason is prison and or death
AMEN brother... so far, here in WEST-by GOD- VIRGINIA, they have upheld the constitution and all the sheriffs have promised to do the same, no matter what law is passed, and we are doin good here... hope all the other states fair as well.... I know there is some sorta shit-sandwich comin and everyone is gonna have to take a big bite..... ALSO... one sheriff here said,"I pitty anyone who tries to come into this state and tries to take our guns..." that kicks ass!!!!
holy smokes

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Jul 16, 2013
If some of the folks making comments on here are the ones carrying firearms on their on their side, then that scares the daylights out of me. I open carry but only when out hiking or fishing. People need to grow up and stop acting like they are in middle school (unless you are in middle school.). I don't have a problem with concealed carry or open carry but leave it at home when going to Wal-Mart.

Btw -it always makes me cringe when people talk about their God-given right to carry a firearm. Last I checked, God didn't author the Constitution of the United States, nor did he include "thou shall bear arms" on the Ten Commandments. Give credit where credit is due - the founding fathers and men and women who protect your rights today.
Ques

Hundred, WV

#15 Aug 9, 2013
All i wanna know is that im not going to get in trouble for walking into a gas station with an open carry firearm
Believe

Prestonsburg, KY

#16 Aug 31, 2013
A gun is like a condum , better to have one and not need it than to need it and not have one and it is our right to open carry but use your head where you open carry at.
Down - Town

United States

#17 Sep 2, 2013
Wow. First of all they're called magazines and not clips. Second there's nothing in the wv state constitution stating you cannot have a round chambered. Also you can open carry in a vehicle as long as it isn't configured for hunting purposes. And here's the kicker .. You can legally open carry at the age of 18. Article 3, section 22. Know your laws people.
guns

United States

#18 Sep 6, 2013
Where can i go to find out if i can get a permit without cost
JOEY

Princeton, WV

#19 Sep 16, 2013
I am not aware of a no-cost CCW permit. State law covers a $25 application fee and a $75 permit for a total of $100. In addition to this, unless you are exempt for one of a few listed reasons, you must also attend a CCW certified course which ranges from $50 to $85 depending on where you take it.
not stupid

Shinnston, WV

#20 Jul 21, 2014
holy smokes wrote:
If some of the folks making comments on here are the ones carrying firearms on their on their side, then that scares the daylights out of me. I open carry but only when out hiking or fishing. People need to grow up and stop acting like they are in middle school (unless you are in middle school.). I don't have a problem with concealed carry or open carry but leave it at home when going to Wal-Mart.
Btw -it always makes me cringe when people talk about their God-given right to carry a firearm. Last I checked, God didn't author the Constitution of the United States, nor did he include "thou shall bear arms" on the Ten Commandments. Give credit where credit is due - the founding fathers and men and women who protect your rights today.

The point of having a firearm on your side is to be prepared for the worst. I don't know about you but Im not a telepathically gifted person so I don't know when I would be attacked. Maybe it will be in the walmart parking lot. Or maybe in the woods. You never know which is why we do this. It's not a fashion statement. It's so me and my family don't end up on the news as abother sad case. Think about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rainelle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Lost Everythng'.....IS A THIEF! 3 hr Matt 2
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 8 hr SWAMP WITCH 2,866
Let's play follow the word (Oct '08) 8 hr SWAMP WITCH 3,085
Little Free Library in Avis 19 hr Jace 1
House Fire Sun in heat again 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Sun Water Boi 1,378
Fluvial Geomorphological Analysis, Fisticuffs, ... Jul 23 Tex 3

Rainelle Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance