Florida - Shaken Baby: Day in Court

Florida - Shaken Baby: Day in Court

There are 10004 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Jul 26, 2007, titled Florida - Shaken Baby: Day in Court. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

WTSP-TV Video Report By WTSP-TV Tampa TAMPA, FL -- The story of Kaleb Schwade shifted from the Internet to a courtroom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

nobody Florida

Sicklerville, NJ

#3165 Aug 7, 2008
continued....

Police Report the blog was written about:

"ON 08/25/2005 AT APPROX. 2300 HRS. I RESPONDED TO 5905 MARTA RD. IN REFERENCE TO A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CALL. UPON ARRIVAL, I MADE CONTACT WITH VI #13 (VI=VICTIM) JOSHUA SCHWADE AND OBSERVED SCTRATCHES ON HIS LEFT BICEP, RIGHT SIDE CHEST AND UNDER HIS CHIN. HE ADVISED HE DID NOT NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE. SCHWADE THEN STATED THAT HE AND HIS GIRLFRIEND (AR #15, KRISTY RENOLDS) WERE ARGUING ABOUT HIM LEAVING HER AND GOING TO HIS MOTHER'S HOUSE. WHEN HE TRIED TO LEAVE, SHE GRABBED HIM BY THE ARM AND SCRATCHED HIM. HE PULLED AWAY FROM HER AND THAT'S WHEN SHE SCRATCHED HIM ON THE CHEST AND FACE. HE WANTED TO LEAVE BUT SHE JUST YELLED AND SCREAMED AT HIM NOT TO. HE DOES NOT WANT HER TO GO TO JAIL BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENED IS NOT A BIG DEAL. SHE IS DRUNK AND DOESN'T KNOW WHAT SHE IS DOING.
3rd page - Continuation
I THEN MET WITH RENOLDS AND OBSERVED NO INUJURIES AND WAS ALSO ADVISED THAT SHE DID NOT NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE. I ASKED HER WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND SHE STATED THEY WERE JUST ARGUING. SHE STATED THAT SCHWADE DID NOT HIT HER AND THAT SHE WAS THE ONE THAT DID NOT WANT HIM TO LEAVE. SHE WAS MAD BECAUSE HE WANTED HER OUT OF THE HOUSE AND THEN THREATENED TO LEAVE IF SHE DIDN'T.
BASED ON MY INVESTIGATION AND THE INTERVIEW'S CONDUCTED, I PLACED RENOLDS UNDER ARREST AND SECURED HER IN THE BACK OF MY PATROL CAR. I THEN TOOK 35MM PHOTOS OF SCHWADE AND RENOLDS WHICH WERE LATER PLACED INTO THE D1 PHOTO LOG. I ISSUED SCHWADE AN HCSO CASE NUMBER AND HAD HIM SIGN AN OATH FORM. NEITHER SCHWADE OR RENOLDS WANTED TO COMPLETE A WRITTEN STATEMENT.
4th page - Narrative
I COMPLETED A CRIMINAL REPORT AFFIDAVIT AND TRANSPORTED RENOLDS TO THE D1 OFFICE. I THEN TURNED HER OVER TO THE TRANSPORT UNIT (PT3) AND SHE WAS TRANSPORTED TO CENTRAL BOOKING.
NOTE: I COULD SMELL THE STRONG ODOR OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE ON BOTH RENOLDS' AND SCHWADE'S BREATH AND BOTH APPEARED TO BE INTOXICATED. RENOLDS WAS VERY UNCOOPERATIVE AND WOULD NOT DO WHAT I ASKED HER TO DO. SHE HAD TO BE TOLD REPEATEDLY TO STAY QUIET AND STOP YELLING."
nobody Florida

Sicklerville, NJ

#3166 Aug 7, 2008
continued....
Kristys blog:

There has been something that has been brought to my attention that I would like to clear up. First off let me say that if I EVER was a Suspect in what happened to my son then there would be no way that I would've ever been allowed to be near Kaleb. There was a week long investigation into who did this to my son involving forensics doctors and well trained child abuse investigators. There are logistics to the story that I unfortunately cannot share with you that make it impossible that I or anyone in my family did this to Kaleb. Kaleb is my Baby boy and it takes someone VERY SICK and EVIL to do this to a child and I am neither of those two things. When the suspect has her arraingment the details of the case will be made public. My son was not cholicy, he was a happy baby and loved to be with Josh and I and we adore him.

Some have looked up the fact that I have an arrest record. "ARREST". Yes unfortunately this is true. I was arrested when I was 19 for "domestic battery". My Husband (before we were married) and I were having an argument in our new apartment(We just moved in 2 days prior) and our nosey neighbors called the cops. In Florida Law in a domestic situation one of the two must go to Jail. Again I would like to say that I was completely innocent and that it was a bad judgement on the Cops part. There were never any charges drawn up and it was over as quick as it started. I would rather bring it to everyone's attention then for a couple of stupid people on message boards to bring it up and say that this implies that I did this to my son. Stop and Think... Obviously the detectives who investigated the case knew this information... and still I never was a suspect. I wish I could go into detail and explain what exactly happened on May 9, but I have been instructed not to by the State's Attorney Office. WHat I can say is that they have an extremely good case against the suspect...

Every one is free to their opinion... and I hope this clears up any suspicion...
nobody Florida

Sicklerville, NJ

#3167 Aug 7, 2008
....read the last paragraph in the police log " Reynolds was very uncooperative and would not do what I asked her to do. She had to be told repeatedly to stay quiet and stop yelling"...
This says something about her...that she can become violent. The fact that she was arrested wasn't so bad, yet she felt like she needed to justify it by making up a story that she ''was completely innocent." This police log states that she scratched her husband and HE called the cops...I am not saying she did this, but I hope investigators are looking into the fact that her accounts do not match up, and that it is documented that she has violent tendencies.
Just because she was never arrested does not make her innocent. The police can come up with a new suspect at any time. The only reason they may not be holding her is because they don't have enough evidence, not because they believe she is completely innocent.
ilovemygirls

United States

#3168 Aug 7, 2008
nobody Florida wrote:
....read the last paragraph in the police log " Reynolds was very uncooperative and would not do what I asked her to do. She had to be told repeatedly to stay quiet and stop yelling"...
This says something about her...that she can become violent. The fact that she was arrested wasn't so bad, yet she felt like she needed to justify it by making up a story that she ''was completely innocent." This police log states that she scratched her husband and HE called the cops...I am not saying she did this, but I hope investigators are looking into the fact that her accounts do not match up, and that it is documented that she has violent tendencies.
Just because she was never arrested does not make her innocent. The police can come up with a new suspect at any time. The only reason they may not be holding her is because they don't have enough evidence, not because they believe she is completely innocent.
I am a little confused. Those are two different stories you are talking about. What exactly are you trying to get at?
HarleyChick

Raleigh, NC

#3169 Aug 7, 2008
ilovemygirls wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a little confused. Those are two different stories you are talking about. What exactly are you trying to get at?
She is just somebody trying to start things!..Just because this happened does not mean she shook Kaleb. And it does not make her a bad person either,she is doing an awesome job with Kaleb, and no one can tell me different!

“Who said I was normal?”

Since: Feb 08

Lewiston, ME

#3170 Aug 8, 2008
nobody Florida wrote:
continued....
Police Report the blog was written about:
"ON 08/25/2005 AT APPROX. 2300 HRS. I RESPONDED TO 5905 MARTA RD. IN REFERENCE TO A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CALL. UPON ARRIVAL, I MADE CONTACT WITH VI #13 (VI=VICTIM) JOSHUA SCHWADE AND OBSERVED SCTRATCHES ON HIS LEFT BICEP, RIGHT SIDE CHEST AND UNDER HIS CHIN. HE ADVISED HE DID NOT NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE. SCHWADE THEN STATED THAT HE AND HIS GIRLFRIEND (AR #15, KRISTY RENOLDS) WERE ARGUING ABOUT HIM LEAVING HER AND GOING TO HIS MOTHER'S HOUSE. WHEN HE TRIED TO LEAVE, SHE GRABBED HIM BY THE ARM AND SCRATCHED HIM. HE PULLED AWAY FROM HER AND THAT'S WHEN SHE SCRATCHED HIM ON THE CHEST AND FACE. HE WANTED TO LEAVE BUT SHE JUST YELLED AND SCREAMED AT HIM NOT TO. HE DOES NOT WANT HER TO GO TO JAIL BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENED IS NOT A BIG DEAL. SHE IS DRUNK AND DOESN'T KNOW WHAT SHE IS DOING.
3rd page - Continuation
I THEN MET WITH RENOLDS AND OBSERVED NO INUJURIES AND WAS ALSO ADVISED THAT SHE DID NOT NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE. I ASKED HER WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND SHE STATED THEY WERE JUST ARGUING. SHE STATED THAT SCHWADE DID NOT HIT HER AND THAT SHE WAS THE ONE THAT DID NOT WANT HIM TO LEAVE. SHE WAS MAD BECAUSE HE WANTED HER OUT OF THE HOUSE AND THEN THREATENED TO LEAVE IF SHE DIDN'T.
BASED ON MY INVESTIGATION AND THE INTERVIEW'S CONDUCTED, I PLACED RENOLDS UNDER ARREST AND SECURED HER IN THE BACK OF MY PATROL CAR. I THEN TOOK 35MM PHOTOS OF SCHWADE AND RENOLDS WHICH WERE LATER PLACED INTO THE D1 PHOTO LOG. I ISSUED SCHWADE AN HCSO CASE NUMBER AND HAD HIM SIGN AN OATH FORM. NEITHER SCHWADE OR RENOLDS WANTED TO COMPLETE A WRITTEN STATEMENT.
4th page - Narrative
I COMPLETED A CRIMINAL REPORT AFFIDAVIT AND TRANSPORTED RENOLDS TO THE D1 OFFICE. I THEN TURNED HER OVER TO THE TRANSPORT UNIT (PT3) AND SHE WAS TRANSPORTED TO CENTRAL BOOKING.
NOTE: I COULD SMELL THE STRONG ODOR OF AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE ON BOTH RENOLDS' AND SCHWADE'S BREATH AND BOTH APPEARED TO BE INTOXICATED. RENOLDS WAS VERY UNCOOPERATIVE AND WOULD NOT DO WHAT I ASKED HER TO DO. SHE HAD TO BE TOLD REPEATEDLY TO STAY QUIET AND STOP YELLING."
Um who cares? I banged my ex's face off the hood of a car while drinking.. The cop that responded to the call laughed and told me to quiet the party down some, then he left. It seems to me it was just a arguement between tWo people drinking.. so does that mean i shook Kaleb? or any other baby for that matter? um NO
HarleyChick

Raleigh, NC

#3171 Aug 8, 2008
Tillywink wrote:
<quoted text>
Um who cares? I banged my ex's face off the hood of a car while drinking.. The cop that responded to the call laughed and told me to quiet the party down some, then he left. It seems to me it was just a arguement between tWo people drinking.. so does that mean i shook Kaleb? or any other baby for that matter? um NO
I love u tilly!!...Yea I have slapped my ex around a few times, but I would NEVER hurt a child!!
HarleyChick

Raleigh, NC

#3172 Aug 8, 2008
hmm dont know why that posted 2 times!
ilovemygirls

United States

#3173 Aug 8, 2008
Tillywink wrote:
<quoted text>
You go Tillywink!! Yeah my ex and I beat the crap out of each other too....(hints the ex)lol!! I guess maybe they would think I shook Kaleb too!! NOT!!! Some people act like they have never got in a arguement or fist fight before!!
Lori In Tx

Dallas, TX

#3174 Aug 8, 2008
ilovemygirls wrote:
<quoted text>
You go Tillywink!! Yeah my ex and I beat the crap out of each other too....(hints the ex)lol!! I guess maybe they would think I shook Kaleb too!! NOT!!! Some people act like they have never got in a arguement or fist fight before!!
WOW, I never would've expected to see you write that ilovemygirls.... LOL
ilovemygirls

United States

#3175 Aug 8, 2008
Lori In Tx wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, I never would've expected to see you write that ilovemygirls.... LOL
Oh girl I have had my days believe me!! That is why he is a ex and not a present!! lol

“Who said I was normal?”

Lewiston, ME

#3176 Aug 8, 2008
HarleyChick wrote:
<quoted text>
I love u tilly!!...Yea I have slapped my ex around a few times, but I would NEVER hurt a child!!
I love you to Harleychick.. those ex's are damn a-holes.. they deserved it.. You know what else was funny that nite. when the cop came he asked about what happened he looked at me ( i am 4'10 and weighed about 90 lbs) i told him what i did, he laughed.. then i asked him after he got off duty if he wanted to come back for a drink LOL.. he didn't show up though.. Oh well LOl

“Who said I was normal?”

Lewiston, ME

#3177 Aug 8, 2008
ilovemygirls wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it fun beating on him? I loved every minute of it hehehe yup i am bad..
ilovemygirls

United States

#3178 Aug 10, 2008
Tillywink wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it fun beating on him? I loved every minute of it hehehe yup i am bad..
Oh yes girl I loved every minute too!! I still wish I could do it now!! lol

“Deep breath in and blow it out”

Since: Apr 08

Colorado but now in Florida

#3179 Aug 10, 2008
Lori, tilly and ilovemygirls, you guys are funny;)

“Who said I was normal?”

Lewiston, ME

#3180 Aug 11, 2008
ilovemygirls wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes girl I loved every minute too!! I still wish I could do it now!! lol
LOL I wouldn't mind slapping my ex around still. He really needs it. I often wonder what I ever saw in that pathetic turd,
ilovemygirls

United States

#3181 Aug 11, 2008
Tillywink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I wouldn't mind slapping my ex around still. He really needs it. I often wonder what I ever saw in that pathetic turd,
Oh hunny I ask myself that daily!! Especially now when I see him and he just keep losing more and more hair!! lol And my hubby has a head full!! lol

“Who said I was normal?”

Lewiston, ME

#3182 Aug 12, 2008
ilovemygirls wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hunny I ask myself that daily!! Especially now when I see him and he just keep losing more and more hair!! lol And my hubby has a head full!! lol
LOL that is funny, my ex is losing his hair also.. maybe i shouldn't of pulled on it so much hahhaha
Pray to Zeus

Zephyrhills, FL

#3183 Aug 12, 2008
Good Luck Kristie. I hope all goes well with your planned induction and that you have a good labor and healthy baby without any complications.

Induced labors are more dangerous for the baby and shouldn't be done unless there is a really good reason that it has to be done immediately. Not planned for convenience or to hurry nature along by a day or two. This goes double for planned C-sections.

The drugs used to induce labor cause abnormally hard contractions, so then pain medication is needed, and that can slow the labor. It can spiral out of control with the induced medication causing the baby to go into distress, or the pain medication stopping the labor, and needing more medication to start it again. Finally, when the baby goes into disress over all this up and down, the doctor SAVES the baby with a C-section. He never tells the mom that the reason for the emergency was caused by the drug cocktail that was used to induce the labor. The rate of C-sections in this country is increasing --ever wonder why? Now you know. Yes, many people manage to be induced and have a healthy baby. Many people also
manage to survive playing Russian Roulette. Unfortunately, too many young mothers don't bother educating themselves on pregnancies and doctors are quite happy to "deliver" a baby, rather than allowing a mother to "give birth".

“Who said I was normal?”

Lewiston, ME

#3184 Aug 13, 2008
Pray to Zeus wrote:
Good Luck Kristie. I hope all goes well with your planned induction and that you have a good labor and healthy baby without any complications.
Induced labors are more dangerous for the baby and shouldn't be done unless there is a really good reason that it has to be done immediately. Not planned for convenience or to hurry nature along by a day or two. This goes double for planned C-sections.
The drugs used to induce labor cause abnormally hard contractions, so then pain medication is needed, and that can slow the labor. It can spiral out of control with the induced medication causing the baby to go into distress, or the pain medication stopping the labor, and needing more medication to start it again. Finally, when the baby goes into disress over all this up and down, the doctor SAVES the baby with a C-section. He never tells the mom that the reason for the emergency was caused by the drug cocktail that was used to induce the labor. The rate of C-sections in this country is increasing --ever wonder why? Now you know. Yes, many people manage to be induced and have a healthy baby. Many people also
manage to survive playing Russian Roulette. Unfortunately, too many young mothers don't bother educating themselves on pregnancies and doctors are quite happy to "deliver" a baby, rather than allowing a mother to "give birth".
I never knew that. thanks for the info

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raiford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Aesthetic & Family Dentistry - Holly Na... (Sep '10) Wed Dr Holly Nadji 5
God Called? Daddy Called? (Dec '08) Tue Curious 12
What Trump may be prooving Tue Ronald 2
Review: Boty Enterprises Aug 24 SCREWED OVER 1
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) Aug 24 Grstefull 191
Lookin for.. Aug 22 Southernbelle 1
Art n Illusion Hair Salon Aug 20 Dawn 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raiford Mortgages