Animal magnetism

Animal magnetism

There are 10 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 25, 2009, titled Animal magnetism. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Rev. Rod DiPietro feeds alpacas across the street from his church, St. Brendan. Nibblet didn't like Kevin getting too close to the Rev.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Alpaca Lover

New Albany, OH

#1 Sep 25, 2009
This weekend is National Alpaca Farm Weekend! Why don't you plan a visit to an alapca farm near you! Just google or yahoo Alpaca Network of Central Ohio!
Pat in Florida

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Sep 25, 2009
What a wonderful story. We need more like this, uplifting and positive. The Rev sounds like a kind, loving man....loving God's creatures and they love him back......Thank you
E Lee

Columbus, OH

#3 Sep 25, 2009
This is such a wonderful story. It's truly refreshing. I can make it through the rest of today. Thanks Meredith for outstanding, positive reporting.
Hilliard Resident

Grove City, OH

#4 Sep 25, 2009
Love this story! Thank you for positive, uplifting news. Blessings to Rev. Rod and his "flock."
St Paul Parishioner

Canal Winchester, OH

#7 Sep 25, 2009
Rev. Rod DiPietro is obviously a wonderful person who loves all of God's creatures. St. Brendan's is truly blessed with his compassion. I will be sure to look for Nibblet, Kevin and Spechts next time I'm visiting.
Cat

United States

#8 Sep 25, 2009
My kids and I live near these alpacas and drive by them all the time. We've wondered who owns them. How cool it is to know they are owned by the Rev. They are just adorable!
DeeKay

United States

#9 Sep 25, 2009
Bless you, Rev. DiPietro. Animals are one of God's greatest gifts.
Mary Haller - AlpacaGreen

Baltimore, MD

#11 Sep 25, 2009
I was delighted to read this article! I too am an alpaca owner and got into the business for many of the same reasons as the Reverand. Ohio is fortunate to have the second highest alpaca population in the US, surpassed only by Oregon.
Alpacas are gentle, beautiful, easy to care for, and easy on the land and environment. They don't need much land to support them. Their fleece is warmer and softer than wool. And they are a great investment both in terms of growing your investment and getting a tax deduction.
Google the word "alpacas" and you will get lots of good info. Also feel free to read more at our web site: alpacagreen.com
Readers who are interested in alpacas should plan to visit the Ohio Expo Center on November 7th and 8th for the Ohio Alpacafest. It's free and open to the public and a great opportunity to meet alpacas and their owners up close and personal.
Dolly

Champaign, IL

#12 Sep 25, 2009
We always look forward to trying to spot the alpacas in the field when we drive past - we had no idea they were Fr. Rod's!
amy

Columbus, OH

#13 Sep 26, 2009
We love seeing the alpacas when we drive by - so we enjoy them too. I'd like to see more stories like this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radnor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angela Bays (Mar '13) Dec 1 Eddie 5
Trump Protesters Infected by Oscar-Mayer Virus!!! Nov 16 osu 2
News 2017 Acura NSX Nov '16 Proud of the NSX ... 2
Any changes at MPL (Nov '15) Nov '16 Simone 47
Marcus Williams accident on 36 Nov '16 Seen in paper 1
Tom and Miss Mary Price info. (Feb '12) Feb '12 ghoti 1
Genuardis Closing in St. Davids (Sep '11) Nov '11 Tom Genuardi 3

Radnor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance