Lookout

Rocky Mount, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

FYI, Watch out when traveling thru Dublin. Speed Limit goes from 55 to 35 you have about 20 feet to get to 35, Jones sits right behind the sign. Law is the Law I know but you get no lead way in Dublin, he enjoys writing that ticket.
Howards_Johnson

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Lookout wrote:
FYI, Watch out when traveling thru Dublin. Speed Limit goes from 55 to 35 you have about 20 feet to get to 35, Jones sits right behind the sign. Law is the Law I know but you get no lead way in Dublin, he enjoys writing that ticket.
He also sits in front of the sign. Got me for accelerating too soon when leaving town. After giving me a ticket, and my complaint, they moved the sign. Still had to pay the fine. The judge's words: "Sir, I believe you. But, in Pulaski County, if the officer says you did it; you did it."
Fed Up

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

The Dublin cops are a joke. Yes they will hide, turn their lights off and pull in behind a sign, tree, bush...But they also hide to sleep.. eat... etc.. At any given time at night you can find at least two at Bucko's on Rt 11.. or Wendy's.. or Arby's.. The Dublin cops are so inept at their job they always have a county cop with them because they can't do their own job.. I don't know why Dublin even has a police department... The retiring chief all he does is ride around and smoke in his vehicle, around the station and in the station.. When we pay our water bill the building reaks of smoke.. What a joke..

“Huh Huh It Says Wood”

Since: Nov 12

Highland High

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Fed Up wrote:
they always have a county cop with them because they can't do their own job..
I've noticed that recently.

Since: May 13

Pulaski, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

You may not like the police in our town or county but show some respect for them! They risk their lives every day for people that don't appreciate them. Every time that officer Jones puts his uniform on could be his last, just keep that in mind the next time you want to throw stones. Have a blessed day, and I pray that you have no emergency's that require Dublin's finest!
Dshep1056

Bedford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

I lived in Dublin for 27 years, and never had to witness anything out of the way from the police in that area. The speed signs have been there for years, never changed. So, anybody that is traveling through that town, should obey the laws just like any other town. The officers put thier life on the line, and the pay is not worth the stress and pain that they or thier family has to endure. I have know retire Chief Vest for many a year, and his heart and soul is in that area. If you can't show no more respect then that, don't come through Dublin.
Fed Up

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

I live in Dublin..I have witnessed this all on a daily basis. I have much respect for the officers, even if I don't agree with how they do their job. In front of my house is a 25 mile per hour road.. and we have complained COUNTLESS times... about how people fly up and down this road like it's a drag strip.. there are countless kids on this road. The cops sit in the open.. or set up the predictable road block.. and nothing is ever addressed.. Yet in front of the library.. on a street where here is more "$" .. they get the radar sign... Go figure... I have much respect for officers of the law.. I'm just disgruntled by our "home town" officers who don't do the job they were hired to do. Not sorry.. Just an opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Radford Discussions

Search the Radford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
University BP Towing and Service Station (Feb '12) Sun $$$ 9
Rich Creek Festeval Jul 26 maybe 4
community garden Jul 21 rich creek resident 1
Frances Dillon/Moorhead/havnes Jul 18 frances cuz 4
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Riley's Jul 11 Curious George 1
What the Hecks happening to corner Market Jul 5 worker 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Radford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Radford People Search