Anonymous

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

if you've noticed that 7/11 has moved next door and tore down their old building, you may be thinking of visiting their new store. you should be aware that their parking is screwed up now. we went to buy some chips and were only in the store for 10 min. our car got towed and cost us $125. mind you there are no signs stating that you will be towed for parking in these spots. the guy working the register said that price-williams pay a tow truck to drive by every 10 min. to tow people in those spots. looks like they would take some of that money to put up a sign stating to not park in those few spots. i mean after this happened we notice the few that are for 7/11 are marked "for 7/11 customers" this is a crock. we will have to travel out of radford for shopping and radford will lose what money we would have spent here. this will not help our economy, but they cannot help economy by scamming radford citizens out of their hard earned money
Anonymous

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

has anyone else been towed from here? what are your thoughts?
WOW

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Price-Williams does not pay the tow company, They have signs at both entrances to that lot stating resident parking only all others will be towed. 7-11 has 5 spaces designated for them in that lot that are only towed from unless 7-11 calls the tow company to have them removed because they are not in the store. The city also has parking for 3 blocks located on Tyler ave. for anyone to park and shop.
Anonymous

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

there is a sign outside the parking lot on the main road it is rather small and not very noticable. i guess this is intentional. there are not any signs in the parking lot. its beside the store and was the parking for 7/11 all these years ive lived in radford. seems messed up that individual spots not marked. seems like a big mistake on 7/11's part to me. only interested in making money from walking college students and screw the local citizens that have been here and planned on being here long after said snot noses leave.
WOW

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

The state has no sign requirments as long as they are at the entrances to any lot, if they were taller people would complain that they could not see to get out in traffic. Point is 7-11 has 5 spaces that are marked at eye level,and enough space out front for probably 20 cars on Tyler. As for individual spots being marked they are the 5 for the store and the others for the people that pay rent in the apartments.
Anonymous

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

i guess. i still believe 7/11 should have kept their parking. i for one will not be going back. family of 4 with one income. obviously there isnt a law cause we already filed a complaint. the police said it may result in something to mark the spots. i wont be there to see it. not going to hurt them whether im there or not. they make a killing off the kids around walking. its a crock of poo anyway you cook it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Radford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's teddy? 46 min curious1 1
Riley's Wed xxxREDxxx 5
Bright Eyes (Jun '10) Tue pathetic 23
robbery? ?? Mon What the hell 1
Rich Creek Festeval Aug 17 N Da No 6
Brad Baker (May '11) Aug 17 funny 5
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546

Search the Radford Forum:
•••
•••
Radford Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Radford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Radford People Search