Gloryland Harvest Daycare

Gloryland Harvest Daycare

Posted in the Radcliff Forum

ticked

Antioch, TN

#1 Sep 9, 2010
It has been almost two weeks since I received a letter from my son's daycare at Gloryland Harvest Church in Radcliff that they were closing the following friday. Still have not found a suitable place for my son to attend daycare. It is incredibly frustrating that a church would do something like that. Jacob Pearman is nothing but a low-life jerk.
whatever

Baldwin City, KS

#2 Sep 10, 2010
sounds like it's your fault because you didn't remember.
LCL

Toledo, OH

#3 Sep 10, 2010
whatever wrote:
sounds like it's your fault because you didn't remember.
Didn't remember what? Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you make comments. The daycare gave a weeks notice that they were going out of business. Didn't tell their employees either, but according to the pastor, God guided this decision. What a load of crap...
Just me

Boone, NC

#4 Sep 14, 2010
I think it's odd that our all-powerful, all-knowing God would be so fickle-minded as to make that church first open a daycare and then turn right around and make them close it down. What a shame!! Sometimes, I wish He wouldn't change His mind so much. Oh, but wait.....could it be that He's just getting the blame for man's poor, uneducated, self-absorbed, self-praising decision when really, He had nothing at all to do with the decision or the decision making process at all in the first place. My God KNOWS what He wants and what He wants DOES NOT CHANGE. Man changes. Man changes for many different reasons and then blames the change in direction on God. Makes God look like an idiot. My God is all-knowing, what He knows does not change. He doesn't change His mind. Man just screws up.

Sorry, just a soap-box of mine. Have been affiliated with this very church and there is no more God in leadership there than there is in hell. BUT, all of the people who attend that church are not crooks or evil. Just most of the ones in leadership. When you have men in positions who do not take care of their obligations rather play hide-and-go-seek from them, how can you expect God to work in that? How can leadership have a "party" one night and then lead in worship or play key roles in church the next morning? How can God work in that? How can you a man "care for the multitude" when he doesn't even care for his own? How or why would God work in that? Answer.....HE DOESN'T AND WON'T. I've been there, I've seen it all happen. Pretty sad to be honest with you. And, all in the name of God.
liketoknow

Prattsville, AR

#5 Sep 23, 2010
Just me wrote:
I think it's odd that our all-powerful, all-knowing God would be so fickle-minded as to make that church first open a daycare and then turn right around and make them close it down. What a shame!! Sometimes, I wish He wouldn't change His mind so much. Oh, but wait.....could it be that He's just getting the blame for man's poor, uneducated, self-absorbed, self-praising decision when really, He had nothing at all to do with the decision or the decision making process at all in the first place. My God KNOWS what He wants and what He wants DOES NOT CHANGE. Man changes. Man changes for many different reasons and then blames the change in direction on God. Makes God look like an idiot. My God is all-knowing, what He knows does not change. He doesn't change His mind. Man just screws up.
Sorry, just a soap-box of mine. Have been affiliated with this very church and there is no more God in leadership there than there is in hell. BUT, all of the people who attend that church are not crooks or evil. Just most of the ones in leadership. When you have men in positions who do not take care of their obligations rather play hide-and-go-seek from them, how can you expect God to work in that? How can leadership have a "party" one night and then lead in worship or play key roles in church the next morning? How can God work in that? How can you a man "care for the multitude" when he doesn't even care for his own? How or why would God work in that? Answer.....HE DOESN'T AND WON'T. I've been there, I've seen it all happen. Pretty sad to be honest with you. And, all in the name of God.
So are you saying they are not for real?/ I have been to the church and to each his own, it was not for me. He follows Rod Parsley and I don't think Parsley is a true man of God (just my opinion). It is hard to find a church where you can feel the spirit of the Lord and they are for real. I have looked and am still looking but it seems a lot are just in it for the money..
justwondering

Campbellsville, KY

#6 Sep 24, 2010
The tea party made him do it. He only has time to work on getting elected as a Republican since he couldn't get elected as a Democrat. That's where the real money is. Don't think GOD had anything to do with that. Most know what that place was all about after the first visit if not the second. I feel sorry for all the people deceived.
curious

Ft Mitchell, KY

#7 Sep 26, 2010
I heard Abundant Life closed their daycare as well on the same day. Are these two churches affiliated in anyway?
seed of doupt

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Nov 18, 2010
I have heard alot about the daycare closing...I have also heard that he has lost quite a few people, including his youth pastor, praise and worship leader, and some members of his congregation..I know for a fact that last February he asked 25 people to sew a $500.00 seed and God would help them achieve their dreams and goals...I just find it weird that a "Man of God" would do that to people that are new to christ. So I guess my question is where , and what did this 12,500.00 go to?
Jordan

Florence, KY

#9 Jan 4, 2011
All of you are talking how awful this pastor is and what he shouldn't do and should do and how you don't feel like he's a real man of God nor Rod Parsley . What makes what you all are doing any better? Gossping , Judging its all middle school bull crap. All of you are casting stones like your perfect and have never made a bad choice. Im pretty sure that none of you would want your mistakes or choices that someone didnt agree with aired out on a teenage website the bashes people. He might have closed the daycare for reasons he couldnt discuss with you , but most importantly daycares are not that hard to find there is one basically on every street you all are just wanting to come down on him because he is "well known" In the commuinty get a life , and examine yours before you start bashing other people.
A friend for all

Greensburg, KY

#10 Jan 4, 2011
Creative Learning Center in Radcliff has openings. Just saying
Marilyn Milby

Radcliff, KY

#11 Mar 10, 2014
I just looked for information because he is on Facebook every day running for mayor. He doesn't state if he's a dem or rep. I felt this was deceptive. Just wanted some info about him. I think I've got the picture.
Tough Guy

Irvington, KY

#12 Mar 12, 2014
With Pearman you get what you pay for. Parsley is a joke as a minister, just a huckster. Parsley 'ordained' Pearman.

These people are flim-flam men.

Keep your judgment comments. You are supposed to use good judgment be it politicians, ministers or dictators not just swallow their crap.
NotAgoodLook

Atlanta, GA

#13 Mar 21, 2014
God and politics...Separation of church and state...wt???
Really???
fcoxx

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Oct 2, 2014
I feel sorry for Pearman. I believe he loves the Lord with all his heart and man should not judge his sincerity or believe otherwise. I heard Rod Parsley at Gloryland Harvest Church say that its nobody's business what the pastor makes and nobody should tell him how to run his church. Those are big clues that something is wrong. I attend a church where the pastor has no check writing authority and he was the one who set it up that way. And, you should not commingle family as employees, especially in a better paid position.. IT IS the church's business how much people make and what they do with the money. Part of being a good steward is knowing how the monies are being disbursed. Anyway, I like Pastor Pearman. I think he just got caught up in the "Give to be blessed" way of thinking and it took over his sermons. Perhaps he will not be any longer harping for money in all of his sermons. I think he ran off some people because he was pounding the people who were already giving all that they could. On the flip side, it takes money to do God's work, have you given your part to God lately? Can God move mountains with your paltry donation? A Christian singing group who sang to bring people to Christ bought a big bus and went into a lot of debt. it was not long that they were no longer singing for the people, they were singing to pay for the bus. That is what happened here. It was Pearman's responsibility as a pastor to have his vision stretched. So he may have stretched it a bit far but his Faith was there so credit the man for that! What have you done to stretch your Faith here lately? But, here is the important thing......NOT one of us is perfect. In all good things you will find bad things. As Christians, you should be able to discern yourself with the differences and love a man despite his faults and pray for a change that you believe needs to be made. And, don't just pray...PRAY HARD!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Radcliff Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mathew McKenzie (Oct '11) 2 min Friends 8
Paula Mc kenzie 5 min Friends 5
Dempsey 6 min Friends 7
Big Black Stud looking for petite White Blonde 21 min Friends 4
Adult book store (Jan '16) Thu lookin 103
Physician Radcliff Thu Concerned 1
Is Tim French reopening in Radcliff Aug 23 F150 guy 2

Radcliff Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance