In Union Strongholds, Residents Wrest...

In Union Strongholds, Residents Wrestle With Cuts

There are 1 comment on the WFMZ story from Mar 5, 2011, titled In Union Strongholds, Residents Wrestle With Cuts. In it, WFMZ reports that:

There once was a time when Harry and Nancy Harrington - their teenage children in tow - walked the picket line outside the nursing home where she was a medical aide, protesting the lack of a pension plan for the unionized work force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

correctlycenter

Wayne, PA

#1 Mar 5, 2011
Governors Walker and Kasich are attempting to eliminate collective bargaining rights for unionized, american middle-class workers. If they succeed, wages for ALL workers, whether union or non-union, will be reduced, benefits stripped or eliminated. Then they will re-energize their efforts to eliminate/severely reduce SS benefits! It's payback for the AFL-CIO exposing outrageous CEO pay/perks in the recent past.Wake-up people,union or non-union, it doesn't matter! Can u afford to save 50% of your pay for retirement after they get their way, I know I can't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Racine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who are the Simon City Royals? (Oct '08) Oct 10 Sir ise 1,983
News Kenosha Man charged with strangling ex-wife (Jan '07) Sep 21 Eytasha Oliver 6
Review: Kenosha Steam Bath (Jan '13) Sep '17 Starved 104
is Kenosha really a ghetto city? (Mar '07) Sep '17 Ahudson 831
1990's public access music video show? (Aug '12) Aug '17 Sam 5
looking for Tim Pearcy (Dec '10) Aug '17 Unknown 4
News Sex toys, a church fundraiser and a fathera s e... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Latrina 2

Racine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Racine Mortgages