is Kenosha really a ghetto city?

Since: Nov 11

Melrose Park, IL

#703 Jan 31, 2013
Dude u have s serious superiority complex.do u have any insight that we all come from different walks of life ?do u realize that in order for there to be a college degreed person you do in fact need factory workers.seems like you always referring to people that happen to live in kenosha as low class or joe six pack. You must have had some bad experiances in kenosha, for me it is beautiful. I think we have a variety here. We have both blue collar an college degreed an miss america from kenosha.vernon hills are highland park wanna be's that can't afford it any way. Getting back to the book, Natural Capitalism , I fell if we do collapse economically , it will be way worse than the fall of the Roman empire. To may people now are just pencil pushers or mouse clickers, so it would be one messed up collapse, and I don't think you can prepare. So I do think the alternative is to look at different ways to create jobs that do not collapse the environment. Jus wondering do u have grandkids, cuz those are the ones that we should be concerned about. I think working in a government job has insulated you from the real job market.
dave 65

Mount Prospect, IL

#704 Feb 1, 2013
Better to have a "superiority complex" than the alternative Ace!! And since when is teaching high school kids considered to be a
"goverment job"??? If it was I wouldn't have put
in so many 12 hour days or attended numerous workshops to stay at the top of my profession.I earned my pension and nobody gave me any handouts.

You sound like that clown Mitt Romney, running around the country talking about all the jobs he was going to produce yet offering not a single clue as to how it could be done. You say "look at different ways to create jobs".....that is just laughable!!! You want to create a panel of "experts" and have them say "lets build a factory and make cars......we'll call it "Govt Motors". haaaaahaaaaahaaaa.......the computer revolution created millions of jobs or we would have been facing severe unemployment long before now.The USA screwed themselves, we buy everything made in China now as the unions drove up the costs of labor. Ever wonder why a new car cost at least $20,000? Its because the guy on the assembly line is making $30 an hour with free health insurance.Ford recently built an assembly plant in China, and the guy on the assembly line works a 10 hr day and makes 90 cents an hour. So I would love for you to run for office with your ideas..........it would be fun watching you give details as to how your 'job creation" is going to come just by you waving a magic wand!!

Since: Nov 11

Melrose Park, IL

#705 Feb 1, 2013
It is a government job because I pay u

Since: Nov 11

Melrose Park, IL

#706 Feb 1, 2013
Same republican argument lower wages an all will be well. Let's just agree to disagree dude. Go back and read your posts all you do is attack people an try to put other people down . You moved onn an are out of kenosha, so no need to be in a kenosha forum for you now then. I doubt most assembly line workers are making 30. And if I had my way any company which moves production over seas would be barred from selling in USA, have them sell it to the chinese and see if they can buy the product made from slave labor wages.
Len

Los Angeles, CA

#707 Feb 1, 2013
Okay....um im sure you guys love arguing about this but I actually want some ppl to give me positives and negatives about an LA guy going to college at Carthage. I actually really need this....
dave 65

Mount Prospect, IL

#708 Feb 2, 2013
Len wrote:
Okay....um im sure you guys love arguing about this but I actually want some ppl to give me positives and negatives about an LA guy going to college at Carthage. I actually really need this....
Len, I actually worked at Carthage College for several years back in the 70's and I was born and raised in Kenosha. Actually I was born at St. Catherine's Hospital on Sheridan Rd just 2 miles south of Carthage College.You will see numerous large boulders and rocks on the lakefront directly in front of the main campus building and I oversaw the project to transport those rocks from 30 miles away to prevent shore erosion as the campus sits right on the lakeshore.
Its a good college for you no doubt, although I would also look at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside whic is also located near Carthage but is much larger and many more resources and activities for you. But if your preference leans toward a small college you will find the Carthage Campus a great place to study and earn a degree.
If you're living on-campus you will enjoy your time there, but if living off-campus choose the location carefully. I haven't lived in kenosha for over 25 years so find someone who knows the neighborhoods better than I do now. I once lived just 3 miles from the campus on sheridan rd and there were Carthage students renting upper flats in my neighborhood which was perfectly safe back then and may still be just as safe. I think your Carthage student laison would have all the info you need.
dave 65

Mount Prospect, IL

#709 Feb 2, 2013
docreflex wrote:
It is a government job because I pay u
You only "paid me" if you paid taxes on your home. You should pay me if I educate your kids!!
dave 65

Mount Prospect, IL

#710 Feb 2, 2013
docreflex wrote:
Same republican argument lower wages an all will be well. Let's just agree to disagree dude. Go back and read your posts all you do is attack people an try to put other people down . You moved onn an are out of kenosha, so no need to be in a kenosha forum for you now then. I doubt most assembly line workers are making 30. And if I had my way any company which moves production over seas would be barred from selling in USA, have them sell it to the chinese and see if they can buy the product made from slave labor wages.
thank God you are not a part of the political decision making process!It was fun watching your iferiority complex rear its ugly head at every turn.
Your use of the English language and your spelling and grammar are a dead giveaway.........."you moved onn".........."kenos ha" "republican", "chinese",.........A ce, you are exactly the kind of person that makes Kenosha what it is..."a great place to be FROM and not IN". So long, it hasn't been good to know you!
Len

Los Angeles, CA

#711 Feb 2, 2013
I don't really have a preference as far as a big school or a small school. I have other options in Wisconsin. Such as UW-Madison, and UW-Milwaukee . However I will be getting a lot of financial aid from carthage and as well I have coaches from there who have been interested in me for a while. (I can be an athlete at any one of those three schools). From what Chances are I will probably go to Carthage college, mainly because I've been in LA for so long and want to try something new. Other than sports and classes, will I have anything else to do while living in kenosha, or is that pretty much it. By the way I appreciate your advice
Len

Los Angeles, CA

#712 Feb 2, 2013
by the way what does "blue collor" "6 pack mentality" mean?

Since: Nov 11

Melrose Park, IL

#714 Feb 2, 2013
Dave u are a looser , and have a false superiority complex. I pay a lot of taxes, and u are the problem in this country. You have no concept of how or where money comes from, it comes from blue collar workers, and when nu export jobs an factories we will eventually collapse. I would never hire u as a teacher, uare a low life ghetto mentality, no matter where u move that is what u will always be u come on here constantly attacking people from kenosha. No matter how much schooling you have I can see no one taught u manners.Ps I would never want a teacher like you with so much discrimanation in you teaching mine or any one elses kids.
Len

Los Angeles, CA

#715 Feb 5, 2013
As far as safety is concerned, if im around the college area, is my safety something I should worry about. To be honest all cities have good and bad areas. I live in LA and not going to lie, there are places where I would definitely not leave my car but wouldn't really be concerned about my safety. Most places here are nice but others are not. Is kenosha a place where the whole place is dangerous and there's like one place that is ok which is college areas. Or is the whole town nice with the exception of few small areas.

Since: Nov 11

Melrose Park, IL

#716 Feb 5, 2013
Len, I would say that the carthage college area is very safe, as well almost all areas in kenosha. You can walk the streets any where. There may be a few bars that may be so so, but on the whole it is pretty much families. As with any thing you do use common sense. I can not recommend colleges , as I have only gone to junior college. I would say madison will give you more of college town feel and very yuppy around the university. I was there a few times for work. Y are u considering to transfer.
dave 65

Mount Prospect, IL

#717 Feb 6, 2013
docreflex wrote:
Dave u are a looser , and have a false superiority complex. I pay a lot of taxes, and u are the problem in this country. You have no concept of how or where money comes from, it comes from blue collar workers, and when nu export jobs an factories we will eventually collapse. I would never hire u as a teacher, uare a low life ghetto mentality, no matter where u move that is what u will always be u come on here constantly attacking people from kenosha. No matter how much schooling you have I can see no one taught u manners.Ps I would never want a teacher like you with so much discrimanation in you teaching mine or any one elses kids.
I only attack you doc, and I do so because you are a typical short-sighted know-it-all with limited knowledge or education. Therefore you are hardly qualified to make blanket statements about either where the country is headed nor how it got to where it is.
As far as "I would never want a teacher like you teaching mine or anyone elses kids" I got news for you..........you will never know or see what any teacher's moral or religious leanings or discriminatory leanings may be. I spent 28 years in the profession and met more blatant racists and anti-gay people there than I did outside the profession.I heard so many times statements like.. "geezus I hate these kids", or "that retards parents are just as bad" etc etc..........and I am being very timid about the comments!
ps-if I was you, I wouldn't call anyone a "looser" unless I had spellcheck-lol
dave 65

Mount Prospect, IL

#718 Feb 6, 2013
Len wrote:
I don't really have a preference as far as a big school or a small school. I have other options in Wisconsin. Such as UW-Madison, and UW-Milwaukee . However I will be getting a lot of financial aid from carthage and as well I have coaches from there who have been interested in me for a while.(I can be an athlete at any one of those three schools). From what Chances are I will probably go to Carthage college, mainly because I've been in LA for so long and want to try something new. Other than sports and classes, will I have anything else to do while living in kenosha, or is that pretty much it. By the way I appreciate your advice
Len, Carthage is strategically located directly between Chicago and Milwaukee (1 hour drive to either) so you will have plenty of cultural as well as entertaining things to choose from.I should also add that Carthage offers a lot also........in 1969 I attended a Blood,Sweat, and Tears" concert at their pavilion.I cannot comment on what Kenosha offers you having not lived there since 1970 but your best source for that would surely be the people at Carthage themselves. Good luck to you.....
dave 65

Mount Prospect, IL

#719 Feb 6, 2013
docreflex wrote:
Dave u are a looser , and have a false superiority complex. I pay a lot of taxes, and u are the problem in this country. You have no concept of how or where money comes from, it comes from blue collar workers, and when nu export jobs an factories we will eventually collapse. I would never hire u as a teacher, uare a low life ghetto mentality, no matter where u move that is what u will always be u come on here constantly attacking people from kenosha. No matter how much schooling you have I can see no one taught u manners.Ps I would never want a teacher like you with so much discrimanation in you teaching mine or any one elses kids.
Doc, do a google search ...."Alabama head coach Bob Grisham" and see what I mean. His mistake was ranting in a classroom unaware that he was bilng recorded on audio tape.

Since: Nov 11

Melrose Park, IL

#721 Feb 6, 2013
dave 65 wrote:
<quoted text>
I only attack you doc, and I do so because you are a typical short-sighted know-it-all with limited knowledge or education. Therefore you are hardly qualified to make blanket statements about either where the country is headed nor how it got to where it is.
As far as "I would never want a teacher like you teaching mine or anyone elses kids" I got news for you..........you will never know or see what any teacher's moral or religious leanings or discriminatory leanings may be. I spent 28 years in the profession and met more blatant racists and anti-gay people there than I did outside the profession.I heard so many times statements like.. "geezus I hate these kids", or "that retards parents are just as bad" etc etc..........and I am being very timid about the comments!
ps-if I was you, I wouldn't call anyone a "looser" unless I had spellcheck-lol
well I may need spell check, but you need to go back and read your posts. You have made a blanket statemnt on kenoshians, and blue collar, joe six pack etc. Jus go back an read. As far as the country, that is our reality for now not just kenosha. When you go out and try to sell your services in the real world what ever your trade or craft is, people need to earn enough to buy it. So you don't feel the whole country is a bit on edge?? All I know is that most trades people I know are either unemployed or way underemployed. So I guess our economic model is doing just great no worries. Let's just think that the problem is "over there" .
martha

Indianola, MS

#722 Feb 8, 2013
I am thinking about moving to Kenosha : I hope that this town have a good personality. And the peoples r good and loveing. So how will Kenosha rate?
dave 65

Mount Prospect, IL

#723 Feb 8, 2013
martha wrote:
I am thinking about moving to Kenosha : I hope that this town have a good personality. And the peoples r good and loveing. So how will Kenosha rate?
you'll be moving from Yazoo City???? hahahahahaha, Kenosha is definitely the right place for you-lol
Brian

Brookfield, WI

#724 Apr 24, 2013
It is nice that you like Kenosha, WI.. We did not get k-town from your friend rappers. I have lived here most of my life (46yrs+) and the county folk has always addressed the city (Kenosha) as k-town) most likely way before your rappers were even born. Keep in mind rapping started from rock-n-roll. There many types of people in Kenosha some are slim and trim and some not so. However, I use to be slim and trim until caner came along. So STOP JUDGING PEOPLE by their build or anything else. Also, please learn how to use a spell checker and type in full words. Of course your opinion may carry a lot more weight if you were to use a given name instead of a street name.
Datguy wrote:
I moved up to Kenosha in 09 and it's a lovely place. But to address somethings. First don't blame the strip mall on ppl for Illinois, blame it on your County Board members or the fact that Kenosha was growing and it was a need for the mall ( supply and demand business 101). Second why so much hate for the ppl who come from Chicago? Is it because Chicago is well know and not to many ppl outside the midwest know about Kenosha, or is it the same kind of history like with the Bears and Packers? Last but not least if you all hate Chicago or Illinois so much drop the K-Town shit. Ya'll got that from two rap artist from Chicago by the names of Twista and Da Brat.
Now if anybody is buut hurt over this, the truth must hurt. But I love this place like I love Chicago and wouldn't change it for anything, OK world peace or a cure for aids/cance but you get what I'm saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Racine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who are the Simon City Royals? (Oct '08) 12 hr Sir dago 1,934
Review: Kenosha Steam Bath (Jan '13) Mon Bad Bob 81
News Approved city budget calls for major infrastruc... Nov 19 Bad Bob 3
Belly Dance Kenosha (Feb '15) Nov 17 Vlad 4
dems Nov 16 Bad Bob 1
Donald Trump for President Nov 14 LeRoy-----da reel... 4
Scott Foval, Hillary Campaign Senior Official, ... Nov 14 LeRoy-----da reel... 5

Racine Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Racine Mortgages