Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81695 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74778 Nov 12, 2012
raven wrote:
For you AW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qCyESeXq3Q4XX
Thanks, I guess that was a WW1 song. I remember granny's Victrola with the hand crank that wound up a spring and played the record. No electric needed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74780 Nov 12, 2012
She also had an old pump organ that you peddled with your feet, but no one could play the thing and we just made noise.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74781 Nov 12, 2012
good night folks. Dog is making me jealous and I think I will find my own quilt and cover up my head too. I wish I had one of those old feather beds.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#74782 Nov 12, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@ Una.. remember the days when we used to put a bucket under the holes in the roof? But now my bucket even has a hole in it. lol
I sure do. My bucket did have a hole in it. I found some driveway sealer I had rolled on some rusted barn metal roofing. I painted the inside of the bucket with it. It's still holding. LOL. Talk about poor.
raven

United States

#74783 Nov 12, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure do. My bucket did have a hole in it. I found some driveway sealer I had rolled on some rusted barn metal roofing. I painted the inside of the bucket with it. It's still holding. LOL. Talk about poor.
Nite Una hope I didn't offend you. Sometimes it would be nice to pack those troubles away in a bag. Would make life easier...but we can smile, smile, smile and appreciate all the happiness that comes our way.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#74784 Nov 12, 2012
raven wrote:
<quoted text>I bet all you'll see are his eyes if he hears a noise. My mom has three small dogs and they like to stay warm like humans. Smart creatures. One will carry her food bowl around whenever she gets thirsty. I swear it tries to speak sometimes. Very odd hehehe.
LOL! I have one who will get the afghans off of the couch to "bury" their food bowls, along with any throw rugs that can be drug there too. It's so funny to watch.. Their toys end up getting stashed all around the house too, usually under the couch cushions or the bed pillows. They all like to sleep under the covers too. My biggest dog child likes to put it's head on a pillow and will make sure to keep it's head on that pillow all night long, covers up to her neck like a person.. They DO know what they like, that's a fact. And the smaller of my dog children, well, I truly don't know how it breaths under all of those blankets, I swear I don't. Down at my feet all night long.. But my feet sure stay warm.

<----(I didn't say this because I'm not really in here tonight. It's a cruel, cruel world here these threads)....
real jim

Hamilton, OH

#74785 Nov 12, 2012
That's crazy
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#74788 Nov 13, 2012
Brain cell flash back,, my grandmother sitting on the porch churning butter in a wooden churn wearing a bonnet over her hair, she was never seen outside the home without her bonnet and dress that hid her shoes.

Ok, cool but nice today so guess I will make sure all the feeders are not clogged and are full.

Have a nice one,,,,, trolls, not so much.
trusted

New Haven, KY

#74789 Nov 13, 2012
oh all it is still cold.... May you all be warm today . I love warm weather and miss it already. But so do love my wood stove. No heat like it in the world. So many good memories come from the warmth of a fire. For those that have never had it , oh you need to have it once in your lifetime... Cutting wood, hauling it in , and then watching the fire burn all night. Such a warm feeling on ya as well as in the heart... Good Day..
trusted

New Haven, KY

#74790 Nov 13, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Brain cell flash back,, my grandmother sitting on the porch churning butter in a wooden churn wearing a bonnet over her hair, she was never seen outside the home without her bonnet and dress that hid her shoes.
Ok, cool but nice today so guess I will make sure all the feeders are not clogged and are full.
Have a nice one,,,,, trolls, not so much.
I grew up doing that with my granny... She taught me everything ,,, I can also recall so much , that she had to do each day , just to keep life going. Oh those were the days. To be able to be the lady she was , could be my only wish in this life. So wish my kids , could have the joy , of my childhood. Oh well...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#74791 Nov 13, 2012
Woooooooooooo!! Still REALLY cold! Dog gone it!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74792 Nov 13, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text> I grew up doing that with my granny... She taught me everything ,,, I can also recall so much , that she had to do each day , just to keep life going. Oh those were the days. To be able to be the lady she was , could be my only wish in this life. So wish my kids , could have the joy , of my childhood. Oh well...
Milk the cow first and hope it don't kick the bucket over. Much fun spraying the milk into the cat's face and watch it lick it's chops.

Raise the popcorn, shell it, place in the popper (I still have it) that you hold over the hot coals, then mix it with sorghum molasses and baking soda and make popcorn halls. Thread some popped corn and make Christmas tree decor. A real cedar and not something plastic bought at Walmart.

The smell of cinnamon in a baked apple pie. No need for GLADE or FABREZE. Make some snow cream using Watkin's Vanilla extract. The small country grocery with dusty old cans on the top shelf reached only with a pole grabber. No "best if used by" dates on those cans and we survived. Could be that we just did not eat that many anyways.

You could always count on a big pot of pinto beans and fat back on the wood stove. It stayed on the stove until it was time to make a new pot. Hot cornbread in the warmer which was a metal box that the stove pipe fed through, then buttered up heavily with the real butter that she churned. We never heard anything about clogged arteries.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#74793 Nov 13, 2012
raven wrote:
<quoted text> Nite Una hope I didn't offend you. Sometimes it would be nice to pack those troubles away in a bag. Would make life easier...but we can smile, smile, smile and appreciate all the happiness that comes our way.
You didn't offend me at all. If I dish it out, I should be able to take what comes back without getting offended. Lol.
Western

Auburn, KY

#74795 Nov 13, 2012
I really enjoy reading the posts on this thread now. It was hard before with all the hate being thrown around. I would just glance at it before to see if anything was new. Now I can't help but read and be reminded of all the good times back years ago when things were simple. Like watching our parents and grandparents work so hard for what seems so simple today. Chopping wood. Eating what you had grown. Tending live stock. Staying warm. Cooking. Though the hard times are nearly gone it isn't easy letting them go.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#74796 Nov 13, 2012
Going out into the cold! Brrr
raven

United States

#74797 Nov 13, 2012
I'm a firm believer that processed foods, hormones growth drugs in animals and packaged tobacco that's preserved are the reasons for cancer. Smokong and salt curing were the main ways to preserve food years ago. Fruits and beats are natural sweeteners. The Native Americans used their peace pipes, but all was natural. When you buy your food from a store, you don't always know how it was raised, if and what chemicals were used. I try to by organic. Sometimes I feel like it's defeating the purpose- a healthier diet- because we really don't know about our food. It's best if you can to have a small plot of a garden and animals:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74800 Nov 13, 2012
I poured my lawn mower gas in the truck and made it to the station and bought enough to get back out of here for the next Sunday Go-to-meeting day.

Stopped at the little local market and spent the rest of my portfolio on some balogna for me and dog to have before Thanksgiving Day. Since payday is the day before TG, I will buy some Jack Mackerel and mould it to look like a turkey. Life is Good. So much to be Thankful for. At least me and dog are not pushing up daises....yet.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74801 Nov 13, 2012
*daisies
raven

United States

#74802 Nov 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I poured my lawn mower gas in the truck and made it to the station and bought enough to get back out of here for the next Sunday Go-to-meeting day.
Stopped at the little local market and spent the rest of my portfolio on some balogna for me and dog to have before Thanksgiving Day. Since payday is the day before TG, I will buy some Jack Mackerel and mould it to look like a turkey. Life is Good. So much to be Thankful for. At least me and dog are not pushing up daises....yet.
My children and will be alone for TD...yet, you are right if we can be happy with what is and not some grande scheme of things life is good.Too much is taken for granted and once something comes along and knocks sense into us then it's realized. I gave my old mower fuel to a brother in need. And I'm pretty sure it won't be daisies you'll be pushing up...but roses. Hehe. I sure like your style;) Simplicity at it's best. Happiness in an abundance.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#74804 Nov 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I'm hoping my sister will feel sorry for me again this year and invite me out to her place for Thanksgiving dinner again. Her two daughter usually cook up a big spread. I guess I should call her and begin to tell her, that I really didn't mean to chase her with spider webs on a stick when we were kids, toss her cats into the creek, throw a 5 gallon bucket of ice cold spring water on her and our cousin while they were asleep under the Sun, on a quilt and stuff like that. That was a long sentence. Whew!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raceland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katie akers 17 min Benderover 12
Guitar players in greenup (Mar '11) 27 min Someonethatknows 60
Toni Bobbitt pregnant and in jail AGAIN! (Apr '13) 31 min The Fact 158
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 39 min Ex Republican 153,880
$500 reward for missing dog 41 min steve 8
I hope you get hep c and u will home wrecker 49 min IaMtHeWoLf 35
reds bar and grill dead 1 hr Here 2

Raceland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raceland Mortgages